Phantis Forums

Euro 2020: Liechtenstein-Greece(23 March 2019, Rheinpark Stadion, Vaduz)

Omonoia9

Donis should be the first name on the game sheet every game. Dangerous from anywhere. Masouras was wasteful with his chances but has some serious potential. Samaris and zeca played well especially samaris. Fortounis also had some very nice moments. Bakasetas and kolovos are both train wrecks. 

• Like it 3

Sokratis has to play in the Bosnia game. His presence is a plus.

Greece needs to keep the ball moving on offense.

If Mitro is not 100 percent then he should sit. No point in playing for 10 minutes then coming off. If I recall this has happened before.

Good luck to Greece in Game 2.

• Like it 3

Yeah Kolovos has proven he is not good enough. Very weak aswell. I’d rather Mavrias be given a chance next. Masouras is a good player he can score it’s just today it didn’t go in for him. Donis should obviously be starting. Should start on the wing if Mitro is healthy. 

Siovas and Kourbelis did really well at the back. There passing seemed better than Sokratis and Manolas but the latter are better. 

Samaris still likes to play back passes. He did try and get involved in attack which was relieving to see. He should’ve done bettterin the 1st half to score. 

Bakakis and Bakasetas not good enough. 

• Like it 1

Greece dominated this game well done. Siovas was great love this guy. Fortounis is a player with offensive class. Donis comes in and scores a stunning goal, Masouras delivered a nice ball to him and he had chances to get a goal himself.

Lichenstein are the Canada of the group and when they come back to Greece we have to put 5 goals on the board.

• Like it 1

15 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Both equally but if I would rather Kolovos as he is more agile.

Bakasetas ruined so many attacks. He cant control the ball, cant hit the target, and couldn't make a simple pass. 

I cant understand why he gets in the lineup, he is the new Tziolis.

• Like it 2

21 minutes ago, jarvis1981 said:

Sokratis has to play in the Bosnia game. His presence is a plus.

Greece needs to keep the ball moving on offense.

If Mitro is not 100 percent then he should sit. No point in playing for 10 minutes then coming off. If I recall this has happened before.

Good luck to Greece in Game 2.

I cant see Sokratis missing a huge game vs Bosnia. I think had we played Bosnia or Italy today he would have been in the lineup.

Was impressed by Siovas/Kourbelis - not so much for their defending bc they didn't have much to defend (did their job when they had to) but their ability to bring the ball up and their passing was good.  Masouras wasted so many chances but he's fast and got to the ball, eventually they will fall in.  Bakesetas took one shot from far out and you could see the coach cursing at him. Overall, Greece did what they had to, Masouras/Donis on the wings give us potential to counter.  You will be able to see their potential more with teams that attack.  The one time we countered, they were so quick out there and brought the ball down the pitch so fast (we didn't score but still, you can see the potential).

• Like it 3

I could see them line up like this with no mitroglou..

...................vlachodimos

.........Siovas...sokratis,....kourbelis 

bakakis......................................koutris ...

..........samaris.....fortounis....zeca

..................donis........koulouris/Masouras 

for bosnia i'd like to see something like this

kolouris/mitroglou

donis fortounis       masouras

zeca/kourb samaris

koutris siovas sokratis bakakis 

vlacho

so weird that he started bakasetas over donis. baka must be really good in training or has a really good agent

koulouris is in form of his life 22 goals in 29 games this season. similar to how mitroglou was in 2013 before the injury

• Like it 1

I have never excused Mitroglou. He has never performed consistently for the national team. He is slow which makes it worse. It has to come down to our players abilities. Today they parked the bus but I thought created good enough movement to make things happen. We need to work on our finishing. We created a lot of chances.

Edited by Dean97

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic