Phantis Forums

SL–R23: Panathinaikos - PAOK (03-Mar-19, 19:00 EET)

Blackhawk

It was the pass as crespo hits it into the ground so it bounces and bobbles up. Although the should have still slotted it. 

@Athens4 Think it was crespo as I’m certain he was wearing the cpts arm band. 

Also oliveiras miss at the end as poor. 

Anyway , a fantastic win and 1 more final out of the way. The PAOK championship train continues. 10 points..  “Mind the Gap” 

Edited by DunfermlineAthleticPAOK
  • Like it 1

21 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

Wasn't it Oliveira with the pass?

Oliveira did have a miss as well but definitely Crespo for the play I'm thinking of. Was set up himself by Akpom

10 minutes ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

After 40 years,   and the league becoming at the same level of Bulgaria,  Albania, Romania you became champions!!!   Congratulations!!!

Thank you very much, my friend!

• Like it 3

11 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

After 40 years,   and the league becoming at the same level of Bulgaria,  Albania, Romania you became champions!!!   Congratulations!!!

Don't belittle our success because your team is currently s%$#!. Our league position in Europe means nothing. Its all relative. PAOK will take out this championship in the same backyard with the same environment and same rules that Panathinaikos plays in who will finish 6th. We don't belittle the success of the Panathinaikos basketball team for being in a garbage league when compared to the NBA. 

Μεγάλη νίκη που ήρθε πολύ εύκολα. Τα δύο γκολ που χάσαμε στο τέλος ήταν άχαστα. Έπρεπε να γίνει το 0-3 να έχουμε το ίδιο σκορ με πέρυσι. Αλλά οκ, η νίκη μετράει. Δεύτερη σερί εκτός έδρας νίκη στην έδρα του Παναθηναϊκού για πρώτη φορά στην ιστορία μας. Και σπάμε το φετινό αήττητο της έδρας του Παναθηναϊκού.

Μπράβο σε όλους!!!

1 hour ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

Greek basketball is crap when compared to the NBA,  but is still ranked in the top 5,   and brings in way more cash than Greek soccer. 

I'm just giving you the facts....when PAO was winning championships in the past,  the league was ranked 8th,   now it's on the level of Bulgaria.   If PAO won the championship this year,  I would say the same....they're champions of a low level league.   Now if PAOK qualifies for the CL....that's something that will impress me,   and I will be wishing they win it all.   That said you never know....PAOK has stuck with their program now for years,   I see unity and good quality....you never know this could be the year. 

To finish,   you should celebrate....going 38 years without a championship is a long time for a team like PAOK.    You had decades of bad management and crappy owners,  today brings you the opposite with Savidis and company.   

in 2006 they where 8th and then in 2007 they become 15th? Was there a change in how the coefficients were calculated? In 2003 they were even on 6th place. Could the coefficient rankings so dramatically change after a single bad run or good run?