Phantis Forums

SL–R20: PAOK - Olympiakos (10-Feb-19, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

13 hours ago, pash said:

Akpom, btw, is a big draw for the Brits from what I've picked up.

I watched an interview with Jadon Sancho, he mentions going to watch Akpom who'd dominate for Arsenal youth teams as a big influence which was kinda odd to hear. I'm guessing a lot of Brits may be curious to see if he can live up to his potential.

Did some twitter searchin' last night and was surprised that people seemed pretty happy for him. EPL fans tend to be particularly caustic. Only saw two snide comments ("plays in a weak league" and "statspadding"), which really surprised me.

3 hours ago, ApoloVaz said:

Congratulations guys, great win last night, you have the league in your hands, hold it tight.

Obrigado, Apolo!

Serious, 10-0 against Nacional? They used to be regulars in European competition not long ago.

1 hour ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Obrigado, Apolo!

Serious, 10-0 against Nacional? They used to be regulars in European competition not long ago.

Yeah, like 8-10 years ago.

They just came from the 2nd league and their coach is pure garbage, in other hand our new coach seems to have what takes, and we have been improving a lot since he took over,  we beat Sporting 4-2 at their stadium last weekend bu it could ended 6/7-2. 

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R20: PAOK - Olympiakos (10-Feb-19, 19:30 EET)

Sounds about right, sadly. 

Does anyone have idea what the fines are for? Tried looking but the only explanation I could find was “fan behaviour”. I assume the use of of pyro and the laser pen etc but can’t think of anything else inside the stadium. 

It would be good to see what the breakdown and criteria is for these fines. My suspicion is that they sit down and pluck a figure out the air. But if anyone knows how to find them could you please share? Thanks 

It would actually be very interesting to hear where that money goes to...
It could be put into good use, like renovating local public pitches around Greece but it probably goes into some fat bastards fat pocket.

Edited by Nilaul

It would not surprise me if the delineation of responsibilities is such that these guys spend nothing on that. Like, is the Super League responsible for anything that happens outside of the Super League? This is not a judgement I'm trying to make, just noting that the EPO is probably the one who should be paying attention to the development of the game in the country. In addition to providing guidance on training, etc etc. Just as the DFB did so after Germany's epic disaster a decade or two ago.

For comparison's sake - I believe in the NFL, fines all go towards charitable causes. I *THINK* PAOK does something similar to any fines it collects from its own players, too. But those numbers pale in comparison to what we pay to the league.