Phantis Forums

Cup-QF-L1: Panionios - PAOK (06-Feb-19, 19:00 EET)

Blackhawk

Disappointing result, but it sounds like for 75 mins we played very well. Ignason apparently very good (Which you'd hope for 4million) and Olivieria sprayed the ball about. Pasxalakis reminding us that he is indeed a Greek keeper after all and has the mistake in him one every 3-4 games. 

Those who saw the match any way we can see Ignason displacing Crespo in the next few weeks? Would be very harsh to drop either of our centre backs given both have been colossal all season but if Ignason is as good as they say he'll find a way to force his way in?

@paokarag4 chillax with replacing my beloved Crespo so soon!  On a serious note, it’s hard to say until we see Ignason’s “style”.  Crespo and Varela are complementary. They aren’t the same sort of player.

I am just relieved we’ve got another option for CB.  Let’s face it, if Varela or Crespo got injured for a long period, we’d be in trouble.  I don’t believe Malezas has the quality anymore and I wouldn’t want to take a chance on Tosca.

Ideally all 3 are rotated.  I don’t see the sense in playing say Varela and Ignasson all the time and then having Crespo not match fit or his morale being low.  It also opens up the option to play with 3 at the back.  I know Lucescu isn’t a fan but I think there are times in Europe where you might need it.  Anyway, this is the way it should be.  Solid players all fighting for games and giving depth to the squad.

Edited by Bananas