Phantis Forums

SL–R18: PAOK - OFI (27-Jan-19, 17:15 EET)

Blackhawk

This was one of the best games we've played this season, even if it was against one of the worst teams in the league. Very good performance by everyone.

• Swiderski looked pretty damn good. Very agile
  • Pelkas was spicy in his return, loved the nutmeg against that angry guy (Mellado?)
  • Akpom was MotM for me, he is absolutely everywhere, strong, fast, can pass, can challenge in the air...a great player and match for the team
  • Jaba is so damn dangerous
  • Mauricio and Shakhov solid in the midfield. Nothing fancy needed, they just overpowered OFI
  • El Kaddouri and Biseswar blew their counterparts out of the water
  • Defense solid, though I'm worried about Vieirinha's card situation - is he now suspended?

As Lucescu just said, we score no matter who is playing. As Boston said, the team was forced to make up for Prijo's absence by stepping up their game from every other angle

4 minutes ago, pash said:

I'm worried about Vieirinha's card situation - is he now suspended?

Yes, it’s his fourth. Lucky for us we play in a Bouzouki-League and we can choose whatever game he will miss within the next four matches. I would choose Apollon.

2 hours ago, Barcelona4 said:

Am I the only who thinks that we are playing better since Prijo left ?? 

We are playing better because Akpom plays for the team whereas before Prijo was purely a target man (who nevetheless scored goals).

1 hour ago, pash said:
  • Pelkas was spicy in his return, loved the nutmeg against that angry guy (Mellado?)

Were you cooking when you wrote this?

I always assumed it was for lip reading + to keep the ref from hearing what they're saying but the amplification actually makes a LOT of sense. It must be deafening there and Giakoumakis did it while speaking with the ref.