Phantis Forums

Levadeiakos - Aris (Sunday, 27 Jan, 15:00 EET)

Emperor

I am surprised that the team dropped off so badly with Pantelidis.  I didn’t think he was THAT bad, but maybe I’m wrong.  It’s almost like the players are not giving 100%.  Not because they don’t like Pantelidis but because what happened with Herrera was not right.  People forget that players are human beings and although they won’t say it in public (because they want to be paid and feed their families) they can’t just be “professional” and ignore what happened.  At least that’s my take on it.  I know if I was a player I would MUCH rather play in the Aris of Herrera that in this version.

Having a president that is a moron doesn’t help.  I am used to that also from the years of Batman and Goumenos etc.

Maybe Pantelidis needs to clear out some of the squad and bring in some of “his” players.  That is, assuming he’s even there next season which is unlikely in Greece.

This has been a problem at Aris for ever.  They sign Herrera bring players to fit his style and then let him go 6-7 games into the season.  Enter Pantelidis, the better players on the current roster can not play his style, they are used to playing small ball with by possessing not giving room and chasing.  So now they are signing new players to fit what the new coach wants to do which will naturally pose issues at the get go leaving points on the pitch until everyone is adjusted.  This summer the merry-go-round will begin again with the hiring of a new coach.  This is Aris.

• Like it 3

On 1/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, Bananas said:

Maybe Pantelidis needs to clear out some of the squad and bring in some of “his” players.  

He's brought Tonso, who's missed two games already (injury), played against Livadia and was rubbish, did nothing (was sub'ed in the 2nd half).

On 1/29/2019 at 3:36 PM, Mitsos said:

This has been a problem at Aris for ever.  They sign Herrera bring players to fit his style and then let him go 6-7 games into the season.  Enter Pantelidis, the better players on the current roster can not play his style, they are used to playing small ball with by possessing not giving room and chasing.  So now they are signing new players to fit what the new coach wants to do which will naturally pose issues at the get go leaving points on the pitch until everyone is adjusted.  This summer the merry-go-round will begin again with the hiring of a new coach.  This is Aris.

And to add even more serious note to this: This go-come player policy will produce more new contracts with liabilities to pay off older contracts together (of players that have been sacked). Expenditures will rise by the logic of things, the contracts and paying issues will amount to the point of 2, 3 seasons from now where revenues and injecting already no much money will not be enough to cover those costs and you will have financial issues, the new players of some quality will not come, low profile players will be starters and then, salvation issues start and then fall down. And that is why we got relegated in past decades and nobody wants to invest and vicious circle comes over and over.

Edited by REY
  • Like it 1