Phantis Forums

Cup-R5-L1: Panahaiki - PAOK (08-Jan-19, 17:0 Eet)

Blackhawk

Panahaiki.jpg.4ec56a19df7e6c856ec921a77bdb1d91.jpg VS PAOK.jpg.7de7d2bb75e005d04e45c1019fd2758a.jpg

MATCHUP:          Panahaiki Patra - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki 
COMPETITION:   Greek Cup – Round of 16– Leg 1 
DATE:                    08-January-2019
TIME:                     17:00 EET  (15:00 GMT, 09:00 CST, 02:00 AEDT next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Patra – Kostas Davourlis Stadium (Capacity: 11,321)
REFEREES:           Georgios Tzovaras (Fthitida) - Konstantinos Konstantios (Euoia), Rainhard Bauxbaum (Anatoliki Attiki)
TELEVISION:       COSMOTE Sport1 (Greece), Antenna Satellite (USA/Canada), Antenna Pacific (Australia), Laola1.TV (Worldwide)

Panahaiki – PAOK Greek Cup history:

2000-2001: Panahaiki Patra – PAOK  2:3 - (Katsabis, Camps-p, Spasic) - Attendance: ?   (Group Stage – Round 9)
2000-2001: PAOK -
Panahaiki Patra  2:0 – (Okkas, Vryzas) - Attendance: 3,616   (Group Stage – Round 4)
1999-2000: PAOK -
Panahaiki Patra  5:0 – (Valencia 2, Maragos, Frousos, Frantzeskos) - Attendance: 2,873   (Group Stage – Round 3)
1981-1982: PAOK -
Panahaiki Patra  4:1 – (Kostikos 2, Dimopoulos 2) - Attendance: ?   (Round 3 – Single leg)

GAMES:  4    WINS:  4    TIES:   0    LOSSES:  0

• Blackhawk changed the title to Cup-R5-L1: Panahaiki - PAOK (08-Jan-19, 17:0 EET)

I moved to London this weekend and went and watched my local team today, Fulham. They played in the cup against Oldham.

It was quite a poor game, however Oldham who are in League 2 (4th division) managed to take a big scalp with a 2-1 win. Do they have a second game? No! Oldham came, they won, they went through. There were also other smaller teams beating bigger ones this weekend (Barnet beat Sheffield, Newport beat Leicester). This is the magic of the cup and in Greece we managed to make it so that the smaller teams have less chances of making it through.

Regardless of the fact that I support PAOK, this tie should not have a second leg. If Panahaiki beat us then they should rightfully go through.

• Like it 2

5 hours ago, Athens4 said:

I moved to London this weekend and went and watched my local team today, Fulham. They played in the cup against Oldham.

It was quite a poor game, however Oldham who are in League 2 (4th division) managed to take a big scalp with a 2-1 win. Do they have a second game? No! Oldham came, they won, they went through. There were also other smaller teams beating bigger ones this weekend (Barnet beat Sheffield, Newport beat Leicester). This is the magic of the cup and in Greece we managed to make it so that the smaller teams have less chances of making it through.

Regardless of the fact that I support PAOK, this tie should not have a second leg. If Panahaiki beat us then they should rightfully go through.

agreed

6 hours ago, Athens4 said:

If everything is so magically organized to encourage underdog surprises, why Oldham had to go to London and play at Fulham's home? Wouldn't it be fairer to have Fulham play at Oldham's home?

1 hour ago, Yiankos said:

If everything is so magically organized to encourage underdog surprises, why Oldham had to go to London and play at Fulham's home? Wouldn't it be fairer to have Fulham play at Oldham's home?

No, that is part of the magic too. It is a random draw. So you can have a homegame or you can play for once in your life at Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford for instance. 

Here's the lineup. Akpom is out as he missed a few trainings due to illness.

Πασχαλάκης , Σιαμπάνης , Τόσκα , Κίτσιου , Μαλεζάς , Βαρέλα , Κρέσπο , Κάνιας , Σάκχοφ , Μαουρίσιο , Μπίσεσβαρ , Πέλκας , Ελ Καντουρί , Ζαμπά , Ουάρντα , Λημνιός , Καρέλης , Μπαλογιάννης

InPAOK is predicting:

--Pashalakis--

--Kitsiou--Varela--Crespo--Tosca--

--Mauricio--Shakhov--

--Limnios--El Kaddouri--Warda--

--Karelis--

Γιατί μπαίνει αποστολή ο Σιαμπάνης που έχει κλείσει στον Παναθηναϊκό; Που είναι η οργάνωση της ομάδας; Σοβαρευτείτε εκεί στην ομάδα! Άιντε!

13 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

No, that is part of the magic too. It is a random draw. So you can have a homegame or you can play for once in your life at Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford for instance. 

Exactly. Which player from a lower division would not like to play at one of those stadiums mentioned above?! It gives them a bigger incentive to play well as if they do put in a performance they could be spotted. The smaller team has nothing to lose anyway! The money from tickets is also split down the middle! 50/50 for each club.

It is also all about the fans. This is an opportunity for those of lower leagues who are used to watching their team play in sheds, to finally watch their team in a much more impressive stadium. That is why I love the English FA Cup so much. There are many examples where lower league sides have turned up to a Premiership side's ground with 4,000 fans and won (just like Oldham this weekend).

Εμείς είμαστε για το π@@τσο εντελώς. "Μη τυχόν και αποκλειστεί μια απο τις μεγάλες ομάδες!"

• Like it 1

I don't really have anything against the 2 leg elimination format. What I hate the most is the groups stage portion and the fact that the draws are manipulated so the big teams don't meet each other until the semifinals. Wouldn't it be nice to see Olympiakos - AEK match up in the first round of the Greek Cup for example?

• Like it 1