Phantis Forums

EL–GS-R6: PAOK - Bate Borisov (13-Dec-18, 19:55 EET)

Blackhawk

Τραγικό που δεν μπορούσαμε να σκοράρουμε όταν έμειναν με 10 οι αντίπαλοι. Η ΜΠΑΤΕ ήταν μια ομαδούλα της σειράς που μόλις έμειναν με 10 χεστήκανε πάνω τους. Ακόμα κι έτσι ο ΠΑΟΚ δεν μπόρεσε να τους βάλει γκολ. Τραγική ομάδα, τραγική εμφάνιση από όλους. Μεγάλη πληγή η φετινή χρονιά στην Ευρώπη. Ο Λουτσέσκου έγινε ρεζίλι από Βίντι και Μπάτε. Πρέπει να προβληματιστούμε σοβαρά αν αυτός είναι ο προπονητής που θα μας οδηγήσει στην Ευρώπη.

And so closes a very disappointing Europa league campaign. 1 win from 6. Just awful. Only positive is that we can now focus on the league but still, no excuse for losing at home to Vidi and Bate.

I have no doubt Lucescu's inexperience in European competition played a role in our performance. Knock-out football is one thing, but having to go to these relatively unknown places like Vidi is a different challenge all together. 

3 points on Monday please paokara

The worst thing to me is that if PAOK was in Vidi's position we wouldn't get the 2-2 that Vidi was able to get from Chelsea. We would lose easily. At least based on our performances in the group stage this year.

Football is all about timing and psychology. I don't know what decisions Lucescu took, I only hope these embarrassing group stage performances will not affect our future league performances.

In any case, the coach has to reflect seriously on what happened in Europe this year. If he is able to learn anything from that, then OK. If not, then I am afraid he is not the one who will be in charge next year.

One lousy goal in Toumba in three GS matches. Not one goal against Chelsea (can happen) and Vidi (serious?). 

We shot ourselves in our feet. Right now we will be UNSEEDED in Q3 of CL with our lousy coefficient. Presuming we do win the league. Opponents will be tough if the standings in other leagues stay this way.

Ugh!  What the hell happened in this EL campaign ?  3 lousy stinking points.

Hats off to BATE.  I remember in the post game interview after we defeated them in their home ground their manager said that they had a particularly poor game that was out of character.

As for us, what is our excuse ?  At least AEK and Olympiakos have proper serious teams in their campaigns.  We had the mighty BATE and Vidi.

What I find bewildering is the very good CL qualifying campaign we had.  But now, I wonder about Lucescu's ability in Europe.  GSL is one thing and Europe is another beast.

Greece, sliding down the UEFA rankings with no bottom in sight.  I really really hope this campaign was our "out of character" season in Europe.  Then again, what about last season ?  Losing to some part time vikings.

Not cool man, not cool.

Edited by Bananas

Disgusting.  I love how they're scrambling to resign players like Matos, Canas, and Crespo.  Like I've said all along, the team looks like s****... Matos isn't what he used to be, he's done. Mauricio is great when he's on, but that's only once every . 6 or 7 games.... Lucescu leaves the best players on the entire team on the bench.  He crapped his pants in European competition and mark my words, we are not winning a Championship if we continue like this.  We've won over 70% of our matches by pure luck.  Savvidis needs to fine every player and the coach, and it's good to be a "family" and all, but now's the time to prevent catastrophe, which is where we're heading.

I love how the PAOK fans are more worried about AEK not getting any points in their campaign, and Melissanidis not signing any players....but what the hell signings have we done?  Nothing.  Overpriced paper weights.  Wenderbloom, Akpom, Khatzeridis and Tosca..... Xestikame. 

Edited by BostonThanatos

The issue is that teams know how to play against us in Toumpa now. Counter attacking while staying together as a unit at the back.

This should be the last season for players like Matos, Cañas and Shakhov. Akpom needs to start now, he is a player that can make a difference. Warda should also be a starter.

A tragic campaign comes to an end and now Lucescu gets what he wanted - focus on the league. He better win it.