Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

In my opinion, when all else is equal, I'd take the Greek player over the foreign one. However, if we can get a demonstrably better foreigner for a certain position, then we should.

This is what frustrates me about players like El Kaddouri - you can't tell me that Lamprou or Mistakidis wouldn't have made a better showing than him this season.

For me, we have some quality out on loan that we should keep over certain players that are still on our books:

Kacheridi - not better than Chatziisaias

Shakhov - not better than Charisis

Tosca - not better than Giannoulis

I have a better feeling about Kitsiou than I did a month ago; if he improves a bit more then he can make a play for Matos' position. And who knows, perhaps we'll buy Stafylidis and have two Greek LBs.

Pelkas probably won't be with us past next summer, so it would be nice to find a replacement. But there's a 99% chance that would be a foreign-born player (which I'm fine with).

Yianko, I find it hard to believe that there are players who love the team (this applies to any team not just PAOK). Each footballer is concerned about one thing and one thing only: himself. Gone are the days where footballers stayed with one club (Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Tony Adams).

If (when) Prijovic has a better offer on the table tomorrow then he will be gone.

Maybe I should have said players that have enough brain to weigh offers and make correct decisions. I do not expect them to put the team above their needs. But Prijovic proved that his mentality is different. I think he already had better offers and decided to stay. After all, there are good chances PAOK is going to play to CL next year. Transfer to a club that will struggle to make it to Europa League might not be the smartest move.

I think he'd jump ship if he gets a good enough overall offer - he surely wants to play in the CL, but what if he gets an offer from a mid-tier Premiere League club (like Fulham)? Would certainly be tempting for him, especially if he thinks he'll do well enough to get noticed by a bigger/better team (though time's running out for him in that respect).

But I think we all know he was already offered more money over in China, which he rejected...

Μα αυτό ακριβώς. Το να πάει στη Φούλαμ ή σε ομάδα αντίστοιχη εμπεριέχει αρκετό ρίσκο. Ευρώπη δεν θα δει ούτε με το κυάλι. Not even Europa League. Επίσης ποιος εγγυάται ότι θα μπορέσει να ανταπεξέλθει σε τέτοιους ρυθμούς; If he is unlucky and let's say the coach that brought him gets sucked and the new one doesn't like his heavy/slow body? He might end up playing 5-10 matches as a substitution. And these are his best years. He cannot afford that.

Πρέπει να είναι προσεκτικός. Όχι για το καλό του ΠΑΟΚ, αλλά για το δικό του. Και πιστεύω ότι αυτό κάνει. Το οποίο μου δείχνει ότι έχει μυαλό. He is not pushing for a transfer just to get a transfer. He probably wants to find something really good. At least he knows in PAOK he is the king. If PAOK keeps growing, I wouldn't see a reason for Prijovic to go. If he gets better salary and he stays three years (28-31), he wins titles, he plays CL, and Savvidis keeps growing the team, then he can go to China/UAE/USA wherever he wants with a huge salary and stay there for three years (31-34) to make good money.

All sort of rumors regarding Prijo and England. Some of which are Championship sides. I can't see him ditching for the second division, but a mid table side might sway things. Savvidis (and his oddly monochrome new instagram account) say he's not for sale, but if someone were insane enough to offer to cover the clause, then it would be money well earned for us.

Δεν υπάρχει περίπτωση να φύγει ρε παιδιά ο Πρίγιοβιτς εκτός κι αν έρθει η Μάντσεστερ και τον θέλει να λύσει το επιθετικό της πρόβλημα.

Γιατί να αφήσει μία ομάδα που όπως φαίνεται θα σηκώσει πρωτάθλημα; Γιατί να αφήσει μία ομάδα με την οποία μπορεί να βγει πρώτος σκόρερ του πρωταθλήματος για δεύτερη συνεχόμενη χρονιά; Δε νομίζω ότι και ο ίδιος θα θέλει να φύγει. Ακόμα και η Φούλαμ ή οποιαδήποτε mid-table ομάδα σε προηγμένο πρωτάθλημα να τον θέλει, καλύτερο γι' αυτόν και την καριέρα του είναι να καθίσει, να πάρει τίτλους κλπ και να φύγει το καλοκαίρι να πάει να κάνει προετοιμασία με τη νέα του ομάδα και να έχει καλές πιθανότητες να πιάσει.

• 2 weeks later...

With Pontus injured we need cover in the middle.  Question is will we sign another dud.

Wernbloom, Hatzeridi, Karelis ... Moulin.  Too many duds signed.   Wernbloom, the only thing in his favour is he isn’t completely terrible (like the others) and yet when you factor his wage, yes it’s a pretty bad signing.  Still, for the GSL he was adequate and offered a rotation option.

I’m hoping somehow we get some news on Stafylidis.  Would love the kid to come back and he’d be a great signing.

DM, LB in that order.

Edited by Bananas

I agree. We don't need another player there, esp since we're out of Europe. If need be, we can see if Moulin's club is disinterested in keeping him (last I heard, he wasn't getting much game time/was injured).

Also - the Xanthi kid is a DM. It's possible he was already slated to come our way this winter anyway.

I love Pontus. Not for the games he already had, but for what he would do the second half of the season and next year. For me he would be the new Pablo Garcia (without Garcia's technique). It's very sad. Hopefully we will come back 100%. Tough think to get such an injury in that age though.

I agree, winter transfers should be minimal if any. We don't need extra σαβούρα. On the other hand, going only with Canas, Shakhov, Mauricio is a huge risk. Someone might get injured, cards will pile up and we will need more people there. If we don't want to see Pelkas baptized a DM, we should do something about that.

Honestly, I would prefer to bring back Charisis if possible. To bring another Moulin will be stupid. Spend a lot of money for someone who is going to play a couple games. Whoever is going to come won't have games this year, so he will need a month to improve his physical condition, and then another month to slowly get some playing time and gel with the rest of the team, and then it will be late March and pretty much everything will be decided regarding the domestic titles.

pash, I’m gonna give you a beating.  We’re in the best position to win the title since 1985 and you’re gonna go with Charisis or Meliopoulos.

Charisis is too risky.  His good games are good but he can disappear much like Pelkas used to.  He makes Shakhov look classy in comparison.

Meliopoulos has only come off the bench in a handful of league games.

An injury to Mauricio and our starting midfield is Shakhov and Canias.  With who on the bench ?

I don’t believe we have 13 wins and 1 draw with that pair starting.  Not that they’re bad, but Mauricio is that good.  The best 8, and a real 8 at that, we’ve had in many years.

Instead of Charisis or Meliopoulos I’d bring back Kace.  At least you know what you get with Kace.

The Turks think Prijo is interested in joining Besiktas. Very unlikely, to say the least. But if they (somehow) have the money, then more power to them.

InPAOK also thinks we're linked with this guy. I can't see how that's the case; we are already bursting at the seams with non-EU players. https://www.transfermarkt.com/mahmoud-marie/profil/spieler/476625

10 hours ago, pash said:

InPAOK also thinks we're linked with this guy. I can't see how that's the case; we are already bursting at the seams with non-EU players. https://www.transfermarkt.com/mahmoud-marie/profil/spieler/476625

Pash did you scroll down thorough that link?

It has him listed as being locked into a transfer to Al Ahly of Cairo on January 1.

I do see that. InPAOK described it as just interest (and in fact just posted a new "article" about it saying this was a scam by the player/agent to pretend there's interest overseas). Either way, I'm glad it isn't the case.

Varela/Crespo seem a lock to renew their contracts. Varela at 2+1, Crespo at 2. Biseswar wants 3 years, while the team offered 1+1 (two years is about the most I'd go for with him, personally). Shakhov + Canas are unlikely to both be extended, so the question is who will stay out of the two of them.

Not related to our team, but weren't we in a "race" to get Bakasetas a few seasons ago? Well it seems now he's linked with Panathinaikos. Good, he can continue to fail down in that filthy city.

Also, it seems Rodrigues is agitating to leave. Happy this is causing issues for the Turks. I guess that's just the kinda guy he is. Recent estimates for selling price have floated around 10 to 15mm (we have 20%)