Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

Αμφιβάλλω αν ο Μπράνκο είχε ουσιαστική σχέση με αυτές τις μεταγραφές.

Bottom line, ο Σαββίδης δείχνει σε Βαρέλα και Κάνιας ότι αν αυτοί δεν θέλουν να ανανεώσουν μία φορά, ο ΠΑΟΚ χέστηκε εκατό φορές. Τα είπαμε και παλαιότερα. Αν δεν μείνουν έχουν μόνο να χάσουν. Ο Σαββίδης είναι τρελός και πληρώνει. Με αυτές τις κινήσεις ελπίζω ο Βαρέλα να βάλει μυαλό και να ανανεώσει. Για τον Κάνιας δεν με ενδιαφέρει. Καλός παικτάκος, πρόσφερε, έπαιξε κάποια πολύ καλά ματς, αλλά δεν έχει να δώσει τίποτα άλλο στον ΠΑΟΚ της επόμενης χρονιάς.

Agree Yiankos.  Not sure how much Branco had to do with these signings.

As for Varela he now needs to find a new team or accept much lower wages than what he was demanding.  I don’t even know if our original offer of doubling his wage is on the table anymore.  Ideally, the new Viking is of similar quality, or better, and we keep Varela also.

Canas is a tricky one.  I love the guy.  He gives everything and just seems like a happy guy always smiling.  But these days with the sort go budget we have and given his age, he’s very replaceable.  When he first came to the team, he really helped a lot.  People forget how awful our midfield was and Canas was a level above.  But since then the team overall has gone up a level and these days he’s just a solid squad player.

Ideally, we spend big on a DM because I believe it’s (a) the most important position on the ground and (b) Wernbloom hasn’t worked out.  It’s the last piece in the puzzle for us.

Canas gave our team incredible stability in that midfield, that's for sure.

If you recall, Lucescu has said in the past that he doesn't really believe in DMs per se. Which is why he's so willing to have two standard CMs (Mauricio/Shakhov or Mauricio/Misic). Hell, even Wernbloom is a bit more offensive than I'd expect for a guy in the DM position. For me, the jury is still out on Pontus since it seems to take everyone forever to acclimate to Greece, but there are some interesting decisions to be made for those two positions:

Mauricio, Misic, Wernbloom, Moulin, Balogiannis, Charisis <-- players we for sure will have under contract

Canas, Shakhov <-- players whose contracts are up, previous rumors say only one will be re-signed

Oliveira <-- 6-month loan with a presumably massive cost to make permanent

That's nine players. If we move on Oliveira, then I can't see either Canas or Shakhov coming back. It wouldn't make sense. And yes I know Moulin is almost certainly going to be released (though I can see Charisis being loaned out again).

Also - why do you guys think Branco has nothing to do with these moves? He's a Portuguese TD who has grabbed two players from Portugal.  Or are you just waiting to credit him with any failures, you negative nancies?!

• Like it 1

Good point on Branco pash ... when you say it like that. ?

I kind of agree with Lucescu about not using true DM’s in Greece, but in Europe, you’ll get flogged without one, or sometimes against big teams, even two.

Agree about Wernbloom being a lot more attacking than expected.  Not that it’s a bad thing.  Just wasn’t expected.

As for the midfield permutations, yeah there are too many.  We’ll have to see how Misic  and Oliveira play over the next few months before we can eve guess.

From what I understand PAOK tried to mutually end the contract with Khacheridi but he refused, instead settling to stay on the team, but only be paid 1/5th of his salary.

Here is a translation by inpaok.gr:

«Ο ΠΑΟΚ και ο Χατσερίδης δε συμφώνησαν για τέλος της συνεργασίας, με τον παίκτη να συνεχίζει και να λαμβάνει μόνο τον επίσημο μισθό, ποσό που είναι 5 φορές μικρότερο από το προβλεπόμενο του συμβολαίου. Κάποια ασυγχώρητη μοίρα για τον παίκτη αν σκεφτεί κανείς ότι πέρσι στη Ντιναμό Κιέβου δεν πληρωνόταν καθόλου»

This story makes no sense to me. Sounds very fishy. 

• Like it 1

Ο Μπράνκο δεν βγήκε και είπε τέλος οι μεταγραφές; Και μετά έρχεται ο Ολιβέιρα και ο Ίνγκασον; Είτε ο τύπος το είπε για να μας κοροϊδέψει, είτε δεν είχε σχέση με αυτές τις μεταγραφές. Για του Ίγκνασον που ήρθε από τη Ροστόφ φαντάζομαι ότι είναι επιλογή Σαββίδη. Για τον Πορτογάλο, προπονητής στην Πόρτο είναι ο Κονσεϊσάο. Μπορεί να τον έστειλε αυτός στον ΠΑΟΚ. Μπορεί ο Μπράνκο. Μπορεί κανείς από τους δύο. Αλλά γιατί να βγει να πει ότι τέλος οι μεταγραφές; It doesn't make sense to me.

Για τον Κάνιας πάντως παιδιά δε νομίζω ότι έχει θέση στον ΠΑΟΚ της επόμενης χρονιάς. Μου έβαλε τα γυαλιά. Και αυτός και ο Κρέσπο. Δεν ήθελα να τους βλέπω ούτε ζωγραφιστούς. Και όμως αυτά τα τρία χρόνια έδωσαν πάρα στην ομάδα. Και μπράβο τους. Αλλά αν μπούμε ομίλους Τσουλού και έχουμε μέσα Κάνιας και Κρέσπο νομίζω ότι δεν θα γλιτώσουμε ρεζίλια αντίστοιχα με της ΑΕΚ φέτος. Βέβαια εμείς έχουμε πολύ καλύτερη ομάδα, αλλά και υψηλότερους στόχους.

I would 1000000% lie about transcripts. All day and all night. The team has absolutely no reason to appease and amuse the reporters. And if there's a strategic reason, all the better. Or, perhaps they just...changed their minds?

My only point about who was responsible is that you seem predisposed towards not believing Branco is going to do the job. He might be, he might not...but something tells me that if he worked for us for the next five years, people would still say "yeah but did he REALLY do the job?" It's such a bizarre stance to take. I'm well aware that Greeks love conspiracy theories (and throwing shade), but I don't get the obduracy about this. Also...Conceicao would have no reason to throw us a bone by tossing us a player that we don't need right now (there, I said it!), with a TWELVE MILLION euro price tag to boot. That's a hell of a weird favor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A scout for Newcastle was apparently at our last match. Seems one of the players he was there to see was Jaba. I'd REALLY like to not lose him this summer. Doesn't he have an absurd buyout clause, though?

I’ll be happy if we can get another season Fromm Jaba, that is we sell at the end of season 19/20.  But, I don’t even think we’ll be blue to hang on to him that long.  Kudos to whoever scouted this kid.

It's also not like we bought him (or anyone else) to not sell in the future. As long as the pipeline remains solid, it will work out. There is no shortage of fast wingers who can dribble.

Jaba has just posted the below on Facebook

"Just a few remaining matches. I'll miss it. I will be always grateful to PAOK"

Looking at the glass half full you could surmise that hes just saying he's grateful to PAOK for bringing him here and that he will miss this season once finished or that when he eventually leaves he will miss being a PAOK player. 

The more likely alternative is that he's away at the end of the season and that's that ?

• Like it 1