Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

Teams like us need to find players who are slipping between the cracks and then exploit their skills. Akpom is exactly that kind of guy. Give him some stability, some time to shine...I don't hate this move. I'm sure the skills compilation videos will be incoming as well.

Canas, btw, may have shot himself in the foot with these injuries. Shakhov looks better than ever and if we can only have one...he might be that one.

-edit- A Bola says this is a loan with purchase option. Yayyy more loans. This guy is gonna be expensive if we end up getting him.

Edited by pash

His stats do look impressive. Wonder if he'll force his way into our starting XI with Lucescu generally anti-change, especially when the team is winning. If he is as good as they are saying then he'll be the starter in no time next to Mauricio with Shakhov, Misic and Canas becoming depth options. Canas may even be 5th in the pecking order when all is said and done. 

We'll see how he goes. Honestly didn't expect this many players coming in, I guess 2 are loan returns and we've taken 2 players on loan. Buying one (Swiderski) and waiting for our 2nd to be announced Ingason. Our squad all of a sudden is very very big again

Realistically, would the team take a guy on loan that we wouldn't hypothetically be willing to pay for? 6 million is a very steep price for a Greek team to pay. Recall that Stoch's buy-out was only 2/3 of that and it didn't happen (though I also recall the s%$#! show that was the team, back then).

I'm mostly excited/interested in the Rostov move. He's due to land in two and a half hours (the Porto player should have landed a half hour ago). Fingers crossed on this one. Usually, when journos have comments like this, it's not a terrible sign:

The last two signings bring the team to another level. They were done with CL qualifying in mind. Not only that we are dropping the team age average. That tells me that we are also thinking long term.

Maybe an even more important point - if these guys work out, it means they'll be fully acclimated by the time the next European campaign begins this summer. Will be huge to have an established team, even if Varela/Canas/Shakhov/Prijovic/Warda are not there. This is gonna be a good summer.

I saw on a few more sites that the payment to Rostov is 4mm or 6mm...so really, nobody has any idea. Big money either way.

• Like it 1