Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

Reports are that Sverrir Ingason of Rostov is a done deal.  Georgie S confirmed they were close to  signing him in a response to a fan on Instagram.  Transfermarket has his value at approx. $4.5 million and from what I'm reading he'll be getting about $1m/year.  Could this mean Varella is getting his bluff called?

Ρέθυμνο - ΠΑΟΚ 78-88. Ακόμη μία νίκη στο σακούλι. Το ρεκόρ μας πλέον είναι 9-5.

Απίθανος ο Χάτσερ με 37 πόντους, 9/9 βολές, 5/8 δίποντα, 6/9 τρίποντα!

It looks like (I don't know first hand) that Ingason is a step above the CB we have now, which takes the power completely away from Varella.  At that point it's take what I give you or leave it.  I'd imagine that if we do sign him, and we keep Varella, Crespo will be riding the bench soon as the new guy is fit.  Again, that's if the little info that I've seen is true.

His value has risen hugely in the past 1.5 seasons, so hopefully your first impression is the right one (that he is very solid). Is he actually active for the Iceland NT? It looks like his last call up was in November for a friendly vs Qatar, which doesn't necessarily imply they think much of him.

I agree that this takes Varela's knees out from under him (and honestly - he should have known that Kacheridi would either usurp his place or be kicked out and replaced). The question is, are the bonus he'll get for winning the league + his appreciation of his coworkers going to outweigh any bad feelings about him not getting the money he wants? Personally, 1mm post-tax sounds like ridiculously good money, but he needs to determine what is best for himself, long-term. Before, he smelled blood in the water. Now, Branco probably does.

4 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

Yiankos....do you care to elaborate on your post.   What do you mean no money ect?

I meant, that the hypothetical team that will sign him from England (Huddersfield, Cardiff, or similar level team) will probably try to get rid of him after 6 months. Which means he won't be getting whatever money they offered. He will have to mutually terminate the contract, take a couple hundred thousands as bonus if he has good agents, and then look for another club, being 32 and released by his club as incompetent.

On the other hand, if he was smart enough, he would sign with PAOK, which guarantees him three more years in the team, basically playing at a good level until he is 34, with good money, good bonuses, having respect, challenging all the titles in Greece and having better chances than before to make it to Champions League.

He wants to find 1,5 or 2 millions per year? If he can, good for him. If he can have a Premier League team offer a 31 year old such a contract, then he should go. I am afraid all these were his agents' BS and there is no way he will be getting such offers. The only one who will lose is the player. Because Savvidis is paying and he is going to upgrade him with a better center back. PAOK will be fine next year, but Varela? He is taking a risk here.

Prijovic got an offer of more than 5 millions per year and left. No one blamed him for that. In fact, everyone is happy right now. Varela is bitching around for 500K per year. That's low IQ IMO.

20 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Ρέθυμνο - ΠΑΟΚ 78-88. Ακόμη μία νίκη στο σακούλι. Το ρεκόρ μας πλέον είναι 9-5.

Απίθανος ο Χάτσερ με 37 πόντους, 9/9 βολές, 5/8 δίποντα, 6/9 τρίποντα!

I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread... Hahaha!!!

• Like it 1

Some more rumors:

• Galatasaray also interested in Koulouris, though I doubt they can afford his 8mm clause
  • Still waiting on the return of Henrique, not sure what's taking so long
  • Markovski's loan with Aiginiakos is being terminated, expect him to be loaned out again
  • Parma is concerned their interest in El Kaddouri will come to naught as he played 90 minutes in our last game (a few days ago their coach was quoted as saying he clearly is in our plans if our coach is playing him) - to this I say, show me the money
  • Warda has said his goodbyes to us on Instagram
  • Kacheridi rejected an offer from a Kazakh side, seems to want Bundesliga

And:

giannoulis-paok-768x401.jpg

Just left it without comment my sweet Dutch chocolate

Oh and I saw this earlier; take it with many grains of salt:

-edit- I didn't catch this earlier but it seem Giannoulis also re-signed through 2022

Edited by pash

Apparently Varela turned down a 1 mil per season offer from PAOK for a 3-year contract. Rumors are that  MLS and China are interested in him, but that could be just tricks by his agent.

PAOK will pay Warda's 6 month salary at Atromitos (200K) in return for getting Giannoulis released early.

Henrique's delay is due to paperwork issues.

I would bet you that other teams don't want to pony up what we're asking for. Chances are he'll regain his mojo with Atromitos and we'll make some more cash off him as well - it's a chance worth taking IMO.

I'll be happy enough to see him go, in spite of his much-improved performances these last two matches. Hopefully we don't dip into the market to get yet another six-month loanee. If Lucescu is that worried about depth, perhaps we can take on the rehabilitation of Lamprou (who is in Thessaloniki to recover from some injury).

This move out might be what it takes to see Vieirinha play in his preferred position.

-edit- Here's another one that makes no sense. According to inPAOK, we are looking at this guy: https://www.transfermarkt.com/hamza-barry/profil/spieler/177960

...why? Where would he even fit, as a non-EU player? I am pretty confident that the Icelandic guy (if he were to come, which is no sure thing seeing as Rostov is dealing with another CB out on long-term injury) also wouldn't count as a domestic player, so we'd be in even worse shape next summer than we would be now. Keep in mind Jaba's loophole will be closing soon.

Edited by pash