Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

Misic may have changed his mind as he is expected in Thessaloniki (loan + buy clause) very soon. I may be wrong about the Polish kid not choosing us as well, as some reports indicate they moved up his arrival from Friday to tonight (and Savvidis has been responding to posts on insta confirming as well).

El Kaddouri is hopefully on his way out: https://inpaok.com/525549/thelo-na-epistrepso-sti-serie-a/ <-- hopefully we don't buy another two or three wingers to replace him.

Misic and Swiderski are coming to Salonica today. We might have announcements tomorrow. Misic appears to be a Shakhov type player. Not sure if he is really needed since Lucescu wants Shakhov to stay. Apparently we were going for Idrissa Doumbia, but he signed with Sporting Lisbon for 3 mil and we resorted to Misic whom Sporting is letting go.

El Kaddouri said that he wants to return to Italy, but it all depends on PAOK. There is apparently a preliminary deal between Parma and the player for loan until the end of the season and then a mandatory buyout resulting 3.5 year deal.

31 minutes ago, pash said:

Canas, incidentally, is training individually as he recovers (not sure what his injury was).

I believe it was sciatic nerve problem, or a negotiating tactic for a new contract.

I like what I read about Swiderski but he doesn't sound like a Prijo style target man to me, which means we still have to adjust our playing style a bit. Regardless, as patient as Chuba and Karelis have been and with an adjustment period, I don't see him on the pitch much in these next few weeks. 

Misic sounds really promising to me and the one I'm much more excited about, particularly because we need the depth. I still want to get Balogiannis some real time on the pitch. We spend all this money on our academy and then never give guys meaningful opportunities to develop with our first team. 

Όπως φαίνεται ξεκάθαρα κάνουμε στροφή σε νεαρότερους ποδοσφαιριστές. Συμφωνώ απόλυτα. Το να αγοράζουμε παίκτες 32 χρονών είναι αρκετά ανόητο. Αν ερχόταν ελεύθερος ο Μπεργκ, καλώς να ορίσει. Αλλά να δώσεις 1-1,5 στην ομάδα του, να δώσεις άλλο 1-1,5 στον Παναθηναϊκό για έναν παίκτη 32 χρονών δεν ακούγεται καλό. Είπαμε ο Σαββίδης πληρώνει, αλλά χρειαζόμαστε σωστότερες επενδύσεις. Να έρθουν και άλλοι Λούκας, Ροντρίγκες, Τσίμιροτ, Πρίγιοβιτς, να παίξουν τη μπαλίτσα τους και να πωληθούν μετά από 2-3 χρόνια με καλύτερα λεφτά. Αυτό πρέπει να γίνει ο κανόνας. Α, και ο Ελ Καντουρί επίσης να πωληθεί τουλάχιστον με αυτά που δώσαμε να τον αγοράσουμε.

Τον Πολωνό τον γουστάρω γιατί είχα συμπάθεια στον Βαζέχα. Και γιατί έρχεται από γεμάτη σεζόν. Ο Κροάτης φαίνεται πολύ καλή περίπτωση αλλά έρχεται χωρίς παιχνίδια στα πόδια του, οπότε δεν ξέρω πόσο γρήγορα θα μπορέσει να βοηθήσει. Συμπέρασμα; Τον Σάκχοφ και τα μάτια μας. Μην πάθει τίποτα ο Ουκρανός μας και κλαίμε με μαύρο δάκρυ. Και να σας πω την αλήθεια τον Σάκχοφ τον γουστάρω. Είναι βαρύς και τα ρέστα, αλλά πιστεύω ότι έχει παίξει πολύ καλά στον ΠΑΟΚ συνολικά. Μακάρι να φορμαριστεί τώρα με τα συνεχόμενα παιχνίδια που θα έχει και να πιάσει καλή απόδοση!

Agreed on Shakhov. I can't help but like the guy. It'll be interesting to see which of him or Canas gets a renewal.

I also like the shift towards younger players. We got our mercenary core, now we can start to replace them with the longer-term prospects - but gradually!

Let’s see what happens with Swiderski.  I don’t really care as I was never excited by this signing but the fact that we might lose it after acting like it’s a done deal is what I find amateurish.

As for Shakhov, yes he’s definitely been solid.  He has his flaws but they are flaws that are inherent to him, that is to say, his his defensive game.  He’s not good when the opposing team controls possession, and drives down the middle.  His attacking game though is fairly good.  He can time his runs and is solid in the air too.  Sometimes I think people forget the silly goals we used to concede off set pieces not so long ago.  As a rotation can’t ask for much more.  He’s also scored some important goals for us.  Assuming he’s happy to stay at the club, I’d like him to stay.

8 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Apparently after all that Swiderski is on his way to Genoa according to the Italian press. 
Could Jerdisek be on his way to us after all?

Looks like the Polish team is taking bids for the player. it was stupid for us to make it public that the player is ours. The moment his arrival at Thessaloniki was postponed our chances of landing the player drastically reduced. I would be willing to bet that he will not come to Thessaloniki at all.

The dumbest thing would be to get Jendrisek from Xanthi.

Reports are that we're offering "3mm plus bonus" for Swidersky- though I'm not clear if that's to the player or to the team. I don't think the bonus would apply to a team, so I'm guessing we're offering Swidersky this as part of a long term contract. Should be flying in tomorrow.

In other news, Savvidis intervened to ensure Crespo got paid (presumably what he wanted?). Biseswar should be extended very soon, which leaves Varela, Canas, and Shakhov (who as far as I can recall reading, are not both going to be re-signed).

50404287_748337978869436_325277216999787

19 minutes ago, pash said:

Savvidis intervened to ensure Crespo got paid (presumably what he wanted?).

More likely the cut that his agent wanted, since the deal with Crespo was finished before Christmas 2018.

Biseswar and his agent discussed things today and things look positive.

Warda is waiting for an offer from England and is faking injury/sickness at the same time. Unfortunately this impacts the speedy return of Giannoulis to PAOK.

Reports are that Varela is not budging at all and still demands a deal over 1.4 mil/year. Rumors say that we will not extend his contract now, hoping that either he comes to his senses and drops his demands or at very least  acts professionally and plays the next 6 months at high level.