Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

I would let Koulouris be for the time being. There is no need to bring him back right now. He is just fine where he is. When summer comes we will need him back with Karelis going back to Belgium. Then he will (hopefully) have to fight it out with Akpom for a place in the starting 11 (unless we play with 2 up front).

Heard we are close to finalising a deal for Bonatini. Just on loan I hope.

• Like it 2

Reports are that he will be on loan for the rest of the season, which will cost PAOK 1 mil. There will be a buyout clause, but the figure I read makes no sense (to me anyway). If you wonder why we are pursuing Bonatini, it's because our current TD is the one that brought him to Europe from Brazil.

Considering what they paid for him, I did expect us to have to pay to take him on loan. Pretty wild how fast fortunes can turn when you get bought after a successful loan spell. Not dissimilar from what happened to Stafylidis.

44 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Reports are that he will be on loan for the rest of the season, which will cost PAOK 1 mil. There will be a buyout clause, but the figure I read makes no sense (to me anyway). If you wonder why we are pursuing Bonatini, it's because our current TD is the one that brought him to Europe from Brazil.

First signing from new TD and it already has a bad smell to it.

Bonatini's transfer won't progress until Wolves get a replacement for him, it seems. Fortunately that means Akpom and Karelis have a chance to impress.

Warda apparently cancelled a meeting in regards to joining Atromitos because now he wants to talk to PAOK's administration regarding his...future? I'm assuming this is in regards to foreign teams buying him. Personally, I'd say if we get him for 2mm plus 10%, that would be fair enough. Just to get him out of our hair. That's assuming the Turks are still willing to pay knowing that he wants out.

Bonatini offer by Wolves: 4 million euros for 60% of the player's contract. That's a huge gulf vs what we should pay, and MASSIVELY overvalues the player.

Sounds like we're gonna go for that Romanian guy that Lucescu liked a while back.

They also want 1 mil just for the 6 month loan. For that money I would not even be discussing with the Wolves.  Apparently PAOK is already looking elsewhere.

Today there was a meeting involving George, our new TD, Michel and Goncharova to discuss transfers. They also discussed contract renewals and apparently Biseswar is close to re-signing for 2 more seasons. Crespo is close to signing but his agent demands that PAOK pay him a transfer bonus, which Savfvidis is refusing to pay. Also we are offering to double Varela's salary, but he is demanding a triple raise. Rumors are also that he has a very good offer from England.

TRIPLE is pretty intense. And...what's up with the transfer bonus? Like, what even is that? Haha

These guys smell blood now that Prijovic is gone. They know there's money flowing. If Varela really has an offer from the UK, it'll be hard to keep him. Is it possible that Kacheridi might come out on top next summer???

I think Khacheridi and his 1.2 mil salary is the cause of the problem. If I was Varela I would demand a lot more as well. Maybe not triple, but for sure more than Khacheridi is making. The Khacheridi transfer should have never happened.

Lets's not forget that the topic title includes the word "rumors". Some of the figures being thrown around could very well be pure bullshit.

To throw another one in the mix. I just heard that Glykos is leaving PAOK.

Apparently we are on the cusp of signing Swiderski, a 21 year old Polish striker from Jagiellonia (currently 4th in Poland) 

Obviously a signing with one eye on the future, he has upside and potential resale value. I guess it means Akpom will be given the chance to cement his spot as our starting striker. 

Not the worst move in the world, he is young and will hopefully develop into a handy little player. I'm happy for us to back Akpom, Karelis and give Swiderski some mins off the bench. Let's see how it plays out. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/paok-pairnei-karol-svinterski.5414763.html

11 hours ago, pash said:

I don't know who is more of an MVP, you or the animal that maintains that forum!

There's also this video which isn't too bad.  Jump to 11:11 where he discusses the PAOK squad.  It's quite good.  You can see the player stats in English.  You can take the players stats with a grain of salt although FM has always been known for its "more" realistic player attributes.  In the past the Greek League stats weren't accurate enough for my liking but I think they're getting better.

Of note is the Staff List at 23:59.  We have a lot of staff!  Although I think some of the info must be wrong.  I'm fairly sure Lubos Michel was on more than 43,5000 pa.

1 hour ago, paokarag4 said:

Apparently we are on the cusp of signing Swiderski, a 21 year old Polish striker from Jagiellonia (currently 4th in Poland) 

We already have a young guy that is developing well.  His name is Koulouris!  Strange.  Just seems like a signing for the sake of a signing.