Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

Shakhov is who I have my money on not being renewed in the summer. But there appear to be offers (or at least interest) from Basiktas, Fenerbahce, and Galatasaray for Warda. I guess we'll know more very soon.

I too think Warda is the one that will be sold. I also like the return of Henrique.

Th other thing that worries me is that we have not re-signed Varela, Crespo and Biseswar. From what I understand Varela is very unhappy with this situation.

InPAOK says that Henrique ended conversations with the Brazilian club(s) that were interested in him (I remember a few articles about this last month), as he is apparently *that* interested in returning to PAOK. Personally, I'd always rather a player who intensely wants to play for our team. It will be good to see him back and throwing elbows. Assuming Lucescu will actually play him.

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I too think Warda is the one that will be sold. I also like the return of Henrique.

I don't like the return of Henrique. Lucescu chose Warda over Henrique. Now he wants to send Warda away and bring back Henrique. That shows me he doesn't know what he is doing. If you appreciate Henrique's characteristics then keep him to the team in the first place. If you appreciate Warda's characteristics and prefer to sell him in January, that means you also (along with the player himself) failed to get from him what you saw was there.

13 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

I think recent developments can only be of benefit to our title chances!

I am pretty sure you wouldn't think PAOK will be +8 after the first half of the season. So, I will take your thoughts again if they are to be proved false in the end.

• Like it 1

40 minutes ago, Yiankos said:

I don't like the return of Henrique. Lucescu chose Warda over Henrique. Now he wants to send Warda away and bring back Henrique. That shows me he doesn't know what he is doing. If you appreciate Henrique's characteristics then keep him to the team in the first place. If you appreciate Warda's characteristics and prefer to sell him in January, that means you also (along with the player himself) failed to get from him what you saw was there.

It means nothing that Lucescu chose Warda instead of Henrique. Managers get it wrong all the time. We can't judge Lucescu as a manager because of who he prefered to keep in the summer.

As you say Warda hasn't reached the levels of last season, although he hasn't really had a consistent run in the team. They are similar players for me. They both want the ball and drive at defenders. It's something we need. I always liked Henrique but he doesn't track, something Warda is mildly better at. Who is better with the ball? I think it's too close to call, I haven't seen Henrique play in 18 months so it's a little hard to judge

I would much rather off load Hatseridis and keep Warda. I’m also fairly happy with the return of Henrique. 

Not very keen on signing Berg to be honest, we have already helped PAO out enough. He is also 32 and by the time you pay his wages, his club and the clause of Panathinaikos you’re looking in the region of €6m. Definitely not worth it. Let Akpom and Karelis fight it out.

Αν μπορούμε να δώσουμε Ουάρντα για να πάρουμε Κουλούρη θα είναι ότι καλύτερο.

Δεν γίνεται να πιανόμαστε κορόιδα συνέχεια και να ξοδεύουμε λεφτά. Να αφήσουν τον Μπεργκ εκεί που είναι. Δεν θα κάνουμε μάγκα ούτε τον Μπεργκ, ούτε τον Παναθηναϊκό, ούτε την τωρινή του ομάδα. Να μας φύγει το 70% των χρημάτων που πήραμε από τη μεταγραφή του Πρίγιοβιτς για να έρθει ο Μπεργκ θα είναι κωλοπιάσιμο.

Να φέρουν πίσω τον Κουλούρη αν θέλουν. Και αν ο Σαββίδης θέλει να τα χώσει χοντρά για να φέρει τον Μπεργκ, ας τα χώσει λίγο πιο χοντρά και να φέρει έναν καλύτερο και σε καλύτερη ηλικία για να μας μείνει και του χρόνου. Να μας φύγουν 6 μύρια σε παίκτη που του χρόνου θα ψάχνουμε τρόπο να φύγει δεν αξίζει.

Δώσαμε 1,9 πριν δύο χρόνια και φέραμε τον Πρίγιοβιτς. Να βγει στην αγορά με 4 μύρια ή με 5 μύρια και να φέρει έναν νέο Πρίγιοβιτς.

Ελπίζω να χέστηκαν αρκετά οι αποφασίζοντες όταν χτύπησε ο Σάκχοφ. Αν δεν θέλουμε να έχουμε πρόβλημα, πρέπει να φέρουμε ΜΕΓΑΛΟ ΑΜΥΝΤΙΚΟ ΧΑΦ!

Προφανώς γνωρίζει ότι ο Ενρίκε γυρνάει και ο ελάχιστος χρόνος που είχε θα γίνει μηδενικός. Ας φερθούμε έξυπνα και να πάρουμε ότι μπορούμε όμως. Μεγάλη ήττα αν αναγκαστούμε να τον αφήσουμε ελεύθερο.

Bring back Jairo now!  Ok maybe not. ?

1). Get a DM now.  This is even more important than replacing Prijo right now.  If Canas or Shakhov are injured, carded or just out of form then we are in trouble in the middle.  Just look at how many times Asteras got into the box in the first half.

2). Warda out.  Henrique in.  Warda’s behaviour is juvenile.  I’d rather Henrique who is dying to play for the team.

3).  Bring back Koulouris.  Berg maybe if the price is right which I doubt.  As for this guy from Wolves, they’re talking a 6 month loan.  The guy hasn’t played all season ... is our role to get players fit for other clubs ?  At best, he’d be match fit in 6 weeks.  Can’t believe we’re even considering this guy.  If it was pre season ok, but now ?  Just bizarre.  If I was Olympiakos I’d be praying we sign him.

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

4). Sort the contracts out.  Just pay Varela what he wants.  He deserves it.  Crespo too.  As for Canas, I would keep him for another season.  Shakhov is the only one I’d wait till end of season.

And Biseswar must be given the renewal he wants. We now his skills and he does not need to adapt to our system or club. Loved his "Messi"- ball yesterday for the 0-2.

Varela and Bieseswar are most keeps. Crespo as well but I don't think he is quiet on the level of the other 2. 
The first 2 need to be signed sealed and delivered asap. 

In terms of a Prijo replacement I (along with most others) said initially back what we have. Akpom has looked good and Karelis when fit and firing is capable. I wouldn't be heart broken if we don't sign a striker. I understand only 2 centre forwards leaves us a little thin in that position but Jaba is capable of pinch hinting as a striker if need be. 
Or for the love of good break one of our loans! No idea why the club is so against this. Bring back Kolouris (for depth) and Giannoulis and send Warda to Atromitos, it's his megali kapsoura anyway. Everyone wins we are happy and address 2 of our problem areas in one swoop

*mic drop* 

Oh yeah, forgot about Biseswar!  And he’s actually the most important of all.  The only guy that can actually judge tempo.  All the rest for all their attributes, don’t know how to dictate tempo.  I dare say it will be many years, if ever, we find such a clever player again.

@paokarag4 agree Varela is one notch above Crespo.  The thing is they really complement each other well and they seen to have this knack where if one is off their game the other steps up.  I’d really like to get Hatziisaias in the squad next year rotating with Varela/Crespo.

It is very important that players have a good understanding with each other. Similar to the idea of people really WANTING to play for the team (Henrique) - this is an intangible that pays dividends as a season goes on.

I do wonder if Hatziisaias will make it to the club next season. I doubt it, as Savvidis will get a hard on for another Russian guy at some point. My hope is that we retain Varela + Crespo, get rid of Kacheridi, let Malezas retire (much as I love him), and bring back Mihojevic and Hatziisaias.

This is not confirmation, but:

Media reporting Giannoulis returning from loan.  Hopefully true.  Will add depth to the LB position and I’m just plain curious to see how he plays in our team.  Would be great if he can become a first team regular.

If we're gonna talk about my fantasies even more (which I'm forcing you all to read) - while I like Tosca well enough, I'd love for our LB lineup to be Giannoulis/Stafylidis. If he sits on the bench for the rest of this season, his club will eventually have to budge on that price.

At this point just sell Warda outright. If not now than in the summer as Athens points out. It's obvious that he will not play for PAOK anymore. At least not under Lucescu, who gave him numerous 2nd chances. Looks like he will be part of the Giannoulis swap.

As for Koulouris, it's one thing playing at Atromitos and another at PAOK. At PAOK he will not be a starter.