Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

9 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Some good business happening. It was a huge mistake to get rid of Arnesen.

I am not sure if it was huge mistake to get rid of Arnesen, my biggest concern is who is the guy currently in charge? He is completely unknown. Arnesen and Michel were big names with good careers behind them before coming to PAOK. Will the new guy be able to bring quality players like Prijovic, Matos, Varela, Biseswar, Cimirot, Rodrigues, Mak etc?

Michel's first crack at technical director was actually with us. He was chief of scouting in you-know-where before, so it's no surprise he hired players from that region. Branco actually has a bit of a resume, himself...and is arguably more qualified for the job than Michel was. Whether or not he'll do as well, remains to be seen. I believe the Estoril team he put together particularly overachieved under his tenure (4th place the season after he started, with a team that's worth 1/5 what ours is). I also believe Michel hired him specifically to take over once he stepped down.

Arnesen made some good moves as far as buying players (and especially in cutting some dead wood). Keep in mind, however, that the choice of Tudor was not a mistake or random occurrence that was out of his control. He wanted a puppet, and that's what he made sure he got. One might question why?

-edit- spelling

Edited by pash

New rumors in regards to Giannoulis - Dynamo Zagreb wants him as a replacement for Leovac, who is injured. Considering Zagreb couldn't really afford Leovac, I don't see how they could make an offer that would make us budge on Giannoulis. Expect to see him back with us next season.

11 hours ago, pash said:

Michel's first crack at technical director was actually with us. He was chief of scouting in you-know-where before, so it's no surprise he hired players from that region. Branco actually has a bit of a resume, himself...and is arguably more qualified for the job than Michel was. Whether or not he'll do as well, remains to be seen. I believe the Estoril team he put together particularly overachieved under his tenure (4th place the season after he started, with a team that's worth 1/5 what ours is). I also believe Michel hired him specifically to take over once he stepped down.

Arnesen made some good moves as far as buying players (and especially in cutting some dead wood). Keep in mind, however, that the choice of Tudor was not a mistake or random occurrence that was out of his control. He wanted a puppet, and that's what he made sure he got. One might question why?

-edit- spelling

Συμφωνώ. Βέβαια εννοούσα ότι είχαν ιστορία πριν έρθουν στον ΠΑΟΚ όχι μόνο σ' αυτή τη θέση, αλλά συνολικά στο ποδόσφαιρο. Ήταν μέσα στα πράγματα. Ο Μπράνκο έχει πέσει τώρα στα βαθιά. Αν είναι αυτός που κάνει τις μεταγραφές βέβαια. Χρειαζόμαστε ΣΗΜΕΡΑ αντικαταστάτη του Πρίγιοβιτς αλλά πολύ περισσότερο αμυντικό χαφ. Είναι ικανός ο Μπράνκο να βρει μέσα στις επόμενες μέρες λαβράκια; Αν ναι, παίρνουμε το πρωτάθλημα περίπατο. Αν όχι μπαίνουμε σε πολύ δύσκολη φάση.

True, I agree. I don't think Meliopoulos is the solution there (obviously). I also don't think the Croatian guy is right for the position either; he plays in Shakhov/Mauricio's position after all.

Looks like the meeting between Savvidis and Prijovic will not take place as scheduled. This pretty much is confirmation that the only thing that remains are the official announcements about his transfer to Al Ittihad.

True but it came at a wrong time. And it appears the team is slow to react. Not only as far as Prijo is concerned, but also as far as Wernbloom replacement is concerned. The next 5 games will decide the championship and replacements needed to be here or already on their way. And we know very well that they will nor be here until the end of the month at the earliest.

Prijovic basically cashed in and effectively ended his football career at the young age of 29. Good luck and thanks for your services.

Θα ήταν εξαιρετικά ρομαντικό να πει όχι και να μείνει. Το λογικό ήταν να δεχτεί και την πρόταση και αυτό έκανε. Δεν μπορούμε να είμαστε φορτωμένοι μαζί του και όλοι το αναγνωρίζουμε αυτό. Στο καλό να πάει και τον ευχαριστούμε για όλα. Μακάρι να μπορεί ο οργανισμός ΠΑΟΚ να βρίσκει και άλλους Πρίγιοβιτς και να το κάνει πιο συχνά αυτό.

Τώρα για την ετοιμότητα της ΠΑΕ τα έχουμε ξαναπεί. Είναι τρεις λαλούν και δυο χορεύουν. Ελπίζω η ήττα από την Παναχαϊκή να τους κάνει να πάρουν αποφάσεις, γιατί μπαίνει 9η Ιανουαρίου και από αυτά που καταλαβαίνουμε δεν υπάρχει ούτε προεργασία για αντικαταστάτες.

Most importantly: If PAOK starts throwing out points it won't be Prijiovic fault for accepting a transfer or Pontus fault for missing out the second half of the year due to injury. It will be solely PAE's fault, for being unprepared to react fast and as needed for a team that is the best of their league.

Koulouris scored a hattrick today for Atromitos in their cupgame against Apollon. There is no way they are not thinking of him as a replacement for Prio. If I was Branco or little/big Khalifis I would for sure.

btw how did Atromitos manage to spoil two points in the League against the worst team this year?

That's his problem. Should have done his research. Let's just hope PAOK gets the 10 mil by the end of the season.

I too believe that he will not last the full 4.5 years that he signed for.

I think the Berg solution to replace Prijovic is probably the best option at this time, as long as we won't have to spend a lot of the money we will be getting from Al Ittihad.

I don't think PAOK and Lucescu are willing to experiment right now with Akpom/Koulouris or players that will need a lot of time to get used to the Greek bourdello called Superleague.

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Getting paid is not gonna be easy for Prijovic.  I guarantee it.  Especially if they get relegated.  I know for a fact, that getting those Saudi Arabian clubs to pay up usually involves a court battle.

Yeah as opposed to our own clubs that have a reputation of prompt payment :hysterical:

5 minutes ago, pash said:

They might try to get around the 5mm clause for Berg by just taking him on loan.

Or negotiating a release from his contract also...and then Berg signing on a free.

The timing of this offer obviously is horrible, but the money is too good for both player and club to refuse, kinda similar situation with us and Mitroglou a few years back. This is what stinks about the winter window its always hard to make a good signing. Unless you have it lined up way in advance, you often need to overspend and if you are in a position where you suddenly need to replace your top forward lets say, with only a few weeks notice..."χέστα και κατούρα τα"

Its a clause that says that should he go to any Greek club PAO would need to get paid 5 million, it has been done in the past with other players...I would not be surprised if the clause is real.