Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

I can’t stand the idea of selling first team players mid season.  Considering how important winning the title this season is, selling Prijovic is a big blow.  Even at 10 million I feel it’s not enough.

This is why you don’t have minimum fee clauses in contracts, or if so, you do like Benfica and make the figures ridiculously high.

I’d prefer if UEFA got rid of the winter transfer window but yeah that ain’t gonna happen.

The winter transfer window is a good opportunity for teams to fill positions that are left open from injury and to generally improve going into the 2nd half of the season.  I think Prijo has a big decision to make.  He can take the money, which at $5M/year for 5 years is A LOT of money....but move to a country and league where he'll be a forgotten player for the prime of his career, or he can take his chances playing with us the next 6 months, potentially winning a championship and playing in Champions League next year....which is basically the "Big Stage" for players in smaller European teams and could lead to going to a much more respectable league.  Prijo seems like a guy with the confidence to invest in himself and say "I'll do another year at PAOK and potentially get picked up by a top or second tier European team and get paid"...but then again in football you're always an injury away from losing it all.  Tough decision.  I know for a fact that players that head over to Saudi Arabia to play get paid but are MISERABLE there.

I agree. Prijo is one of the most self-confident players I've ever seen, so there's a chance he thinks he can still make it. But he's already 28, so he has to weigh the idea of sticking here for some future payoff vs going to Saudi Arabia to get money now. Chances are, we are not going to sell him to Arsenal. So if he wants to get to a truly impressive team, he'd basically need to be sold to yet another stepping stone.

And even then, he won't make 25mm EUR in 4.5 years.

-edit- Can you imagine what it'll be like when he sees his wife wearing that mandatory head covering? Either he'll spring a massive boner or get wicked pissed. Fun either way!

Also, West Brom reportedly is interested in Warda, for 3mm (EUR).

Edited by pash

For some reason I thought he was younger.... HI just saw he's 28, turning 29 in April.  Signing a 5 year contract is basically him ending his career in Saudi Arabia... 25M over the next 5 years looks mighty good considering his alternative is probably 7 or 8 million over the the next 5 years.  Thats not a small difference.  On the flip side, I wouldn't move to Saudi Arabia for 5 year to make triple what I make now.

Ιδανικό σενάριο για τον ΠΑΟΚ θα ήταν να κλείσει η μεταγραφή, αλλά να μείνει μέχρι το καλοκαίρι σε μας. Λογικά απίθανο, αλλά θα ήταν το καλύτερο για εμάς!

Το θέμα είναι μην ακούσει ο Σαββίδης και ο Λουτσέσκου τις φωνές από τους ούγκανους που θα είναι έξαλλοι για τη φυγή Πρίγιοβιτς.

Να τον δώσουμε με το ζόρι. 5 μύρια για τον Ενρίκε; Εδώ παίρνουμε μόνο 10 για Πρίγιοβιτς. Να πάρουμε 5 μύρια για παίκτη που δεν είναι αρκετά καλός για τον ΠΑΟΚ θα είναι η καλύτερη πώληση που έχουμε κάνει στην ιστορία μας!

Prijo wants to take the Saudi's offer. However the Arabs want to pay the 10 mil in 4 installments, which is enough for PAOK to reject it. I am sure Prijo and most likely his agent will persuade the Arabs to pay the full sum in one installment. In the meantime PAOK gave Prijo 2 days off from practice in order to think it over, but I think he has already made up his mind.

The sale will happen in my opinion. Getting a cool 10 mil for a player you paid 1.8 mil for is pretty good return for your money. Hopefully it will be spent wisely in order to solidify the team's roster. 

It is gonna be sad to see Prijo go. This type of move has the potential to derail our title charge. All season what has the main difference between us and olympiakos been? We score and they don't. Prijovic is obviously a big part of that. That offer is huge and it is completely understandable that he accepts but what do we do? 

I read some people saying back in Akpom and Karelis and I think I'm leaning that way. Akpom has looked good in his cameos, being a starter is a different kettle of fish though. Karelis pre-injury was more than capable of leading the line for us, injuries and limited playing time has stunned his development. If he reaches anything that resembles his best in Belgium we'll be fine. It's a risk but it seems the sensible choice. 

We can throw money at the problem and bring in a 'big name' (by greek standards) spend 5-7 mil and get a striker that theoretically dominates Greece. Usually hard to get decent players in January but then again Prijovic came across in Jan. 

Either way we are losing a key player, arguably our most important. It makes me nervous to say the least. 

Would be sad indeed to see him go. Especially with our current good run so far. 10 mil is a lot of money for Greek standards. But if we get it in 4 installments we lose a very good player without the opportunity to buy another decent one in short term (= this winter window). I agree with Blackhawk that they will put the pressure on Al Ittahad to close the deal and pay it immediately.

Hope that this will be finalisten in a few days in order to have time to arrange a replacement. Koulouris would be fine with me. If he can score 11 with Atromitos in 14 games he can score about the same amount of goals for us in the same SL in the remaining 16 games.

According to “Record”, a Portugese newspaper, we are interested in Josip Misic from Sporting Lisbon. He is a midfielder and has not played very much since he was transferred from Croatian side Rijeka in January 2018. 

Can you say something about him, Boston?

Prijo is in Dubai undergoing medical tests and talking to Al Ittihad people. Apparently after he returns to Thessaloniki he will meet with Savvidis. The way I see this is that it is a done deal and only the transfer arrangements are to be ironed out.

It will be quite interesting to see how the team reacts. This could be a good chance for Akpom to grab his chance to become our main CF. 

I think some of the money should be spent on acquiring a good defensive mid. I think that's a bigger issue right now than a Prijo replacement.