Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

PAO may be trying to poach a few of our youngsters with expiring contracts - most importantly, Siampanis and Lyratzis. Wouldn't be much of a concern in most cases, except that there's word out that we are refusing to entertain any offers from our youth players that include guaranteed playing time. PAO, in the meanwhile, is in dire straits and will likely be able to offer those guarantees (even if they can't match our salaries).

Siabanis is gone. He will eventually end up at Olympaikos because of his agent. He tried to pull the same s%$#! 2 years ago, but eventually signed a new contract. If he is as talented as everyone says, than PAOK is making a mistake holding on to Glykos and Rey. Siabanis could easily be a good back up goaltender. He has been asking for guaranteed playing time since the age of 17. Not sure this is the way to gain a spot on the senior squad.

As for Lyratzis and Balogiannis that have been rumored, their contracts expire in 2021, so the fake news are just Dabizas's wishful thinking, unless PAOK is stupid enough to give away players for free to backstabbing team such as Panathinaikos. 

Even if Siabanis is not as good as everyone say, it's pathetic to lose players from Panathinaikos.

As for our goalkeepers situation, Rey and Glykos will probably be not in the squad next year (and since Siabanis is gone), that means we will need to buy two more goalkeepers again in the summer. That's pretty much messed up if you ask me.

It is quite silly to have a teenager/someone in their early 20's as a third choice goalkeeper. It should be the guy in his 30's being the third choice as the younger players should either be playing or be out on loan. Just look at Donnarumma - he made his debut for Milan at just 16 years of age!

Personally I would be quite happy to sell Paschalakis and Rey in the summer while giving Siabanis a chance at number 1, Melissas number 2 and bringing in a 30+ year old number 3 (perhaps getting Kyriakidis back?).

Also I have no idea why we do not rotate keepers for cup/league. If Rey is not playing in the league then he should be the cup keeper. Why on Earth do we have a number 2 who just sits on the bench the whole time except for the odd game when Paschalakis is injured or suspended?

4 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Also I have no idea why we do not rotate keepers for cup/league. If Rey is not playing in the league then he should be the cup keeper. Why on Earth do we have a number 2 who just sits on the bench the whole time except for the odd game when Paschalakis is injured or suspended?

Rey defended our goal in the three cup-games sofar, A4!

After all the big talk about Rodrigues going to the EPL... https://inpaok.com/521192/polite-o-gkari-rontrigkes/

A shame it's only for 8mm.

Also sounds like Lyratzis has a verbal agreement with PAOK to extend his contract. Turks are saying Pelkas was in Istanbul to be wooed by Besiktas (yet again), though that seems like BS since he was posting pictures of the Real Madrid (basketball) game. Never change, journos!

Maccabi Haifa is reportedly interested in Mistakidis, as is some team from the Netherlands. The player seems more interested in playing in a foreign league than in the Super League (which should frankly be our default for loans anyway). Maccabi Haifa is interested in a loan with an option to purchase according to inPAOK.

Not sure I believe someone is offering that amount for a player who's form has been patchy at best. Although I applaud the club's "no one is for sale especially when we are this close to our first title in years" policy, IMO (and most might not agree) Pelkas is replaceable. Biseswar has been given 2 games as the no.10 and has dominated (yes opponent's haven't been that great but still) Pelkas is not as crucial to us as Prijovic, Varela/Crespo or Maurcio. He is important but if we lost him I don't think we lose any momentum. 
So if those types of offers are coming in, we would be wise to consider them IMO

If we win the title, expect plenty of sales this summer. Pelkas could very well be getting offers from much more interesting clubs than Fenerbahce/Besiktas (even if they're not as lucrative for us).

Im not upset if we dont sign anyone this winter transfer season. 

Its been made clear we have giannoulis coming back in the summer, we have resigned crespo, pasha and varela, we have plenty of players on loan that we need to work out what we are doing with and our squad is definately deep enough to take out the championship, clearing the dead wood now would make our life easier in the summer period. 

Like elkaddouri needs to go, moulen  needs to go, it would be good to sell henrique if possible and if we get lucky and move out hatcheridi well be laughing. 

• Like it 1

Al Ittihad has announced that it will cover the 10 mil buyout clause for Prijovic and that they will offer him 25 mil for the next 5 years. All that remains to be seen is if Prijovic will accept the offer and move to Saudi Arabia. PAOK no longer really has a say in the matter.

Yup. Great business by him if he accepts it. Good money for us. I would rather us not buy someone to replace him; I want to see Akpom and Karelis get a run.

-edit- and yes I know that won't happen. We'll hire multiple new people and Lucescu will play El Kaddouri up front.

Edited by pash

Πολύ ενδιαφέρον κατάσταση. Μπράβο στον ΠΑΟΚ που μεγαλώνει και μπράβο στον παίκτη που είναι υπόδειγμα επαγγελματία και του πρσφέρονται τόσα χρήματα!

5 μύρια το χρόνο για 5ετές είναι απίστευτο. Δεν θα πω τίποτα αν αποφασίσει να φύγει. Αλλά από την άλλη χωρίς Πρίγιοβιτς πόσο πιθανό είναι να κάνουμε αντίστοιχο δεύτερο γύρο; I wish we had people in charge who can take the right decision.