Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

Euro 2020 Qualifying

22 hours ago, La Mendel said:

That crazy shitbag Anastasiadis and his crony Lambropoulos did us in against Estonia. If we would have drawn on that occasion our position in the NL playoff would be guaranteed now. We lost the second place to Hungary because of the idiotic experimenting (in an official game) of the old bozo.

Yes just complete stupidities from him to Sokratis & manolas. Greece should have topped the NL group. Finland are average side at best and to not go over Hungary is unreal.

Had we got a draw in Finland in Euro qualifying and won at home vs Armenia & Liechtenstein. Greece would be 1 point ahead of ūüáęūüáģ with the upcoming last game in Athens determining second place.¬†

Now that Sokratis & Manolas got there wish and got Ange fired they thought they would get control of the NT and be untouchable but JVS may never call them up again if the team keeps the results coming and with the other options we have in the back they have fallen down the pecking order. 

So now that Greece are officially eliminated when does the Nations league start for the World Cup?

If only Greece had gotten 5 points from Armenia and Liechtenstein at home, they would have battled Finland for 2nd place in Monday's match. 

• Like it 1

So what does coming third get you? I thought it was nothing but the commentator in England's game against Kosovo was saying Kosovo still have a chance to make the playoffs (they're currently third and have no way of getting second).

2 hours ago, Chris Tsamados said:

So what does coming third get you? I thought it was nothing but the commentator in England's game against Kosovo was saying Kosovo still have a chance to make the playoffs (they're currently third and have no way of getting second).

Probably taking about the Nations league.. Third gets you nothing. 

Kosovo finished first in their group. In group D. They will play in the playoffs in march for one spot for group D. The other 3 spots will come from group A, B,C. 

This the nations league in talking about. 

Edited by Torontoblue

1 hour ago, Torontoblue said:

Kosovo finished first in their group. In group D. They will play in the playoffs in march for one spot for group D. The other 3 spots will come from group A, B,C. 

This the nations league in talking about. 

Ah right, thats the other tournament we balleds up. 

Yeah if we had just finished first we would have had a playoff game for a spot in next summers tournament. Can't believe we screwed that up too. 

I ve not been here ages.

I ve seen all the matches.

New coach brought what was needed, winner mentality.

There were always players.

Remember when I told u guys stafylidis was gonna be captain someday? Didn't expect him to be a captain as a CB tho.

• Like it 1

On 11/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, Alphonse said:

I think September next year

In his press conference JVS said next September, he said the NT will set up friendly games in March. Sucks that Greece didn't make it and that we didn't have a NL playoff given the way we are playing ATM. 

There was no excuse not to win the group from the UEFA Nations League. 

• Like it 3

Qualification was lost because of drawing to Liechtenstein and Armenia at home. Very poor.

• Like it 1

18 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

Yeah if we had just finished first we would have had a playoff game for a spot in next summers tournament. Can't believe we screwed that up too. 

I can't remember that tournament, I think it was so traumatic my brain erased it from my memory.

Very disappointing that Greece could not even get into the playoffs. Did Ange not realize that we needed just a result vs Estonia in the last NL game? The draw was made today we would have been a tough out with the way JVS has the team playing. If Greece was in path A Iceland are toughest side and path C Serbia though Norway are improving. What a wasted opportunity.. 

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1