Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Recommended Posts

83 minute Armenia 1 Italy 3 

Italy just scored two quick goals. Armenia have played well and even had a few chances on the counter when score was level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

realistically speaking. At this point the only way to qualify is to win EVERY SINGLE game including Italy in Rome? and finland has to lose 3 of their games. Lets assume they lose to Italy twice and maybe to Bosnia? lol what is that a 5% chance? Can someone find an article breaking down our chances and options? Its crazy how that Armenia game REALLLY affected the entire campaign. had we won that game we'd actually be pretty comfortable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it makes anyone feel better Northern Ireland is leading a group over Germany and the Netherlands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bardouuu said:

realistically speaking. At this point the only way to qualify is to win EVERY SINGLE game including Italy in Rome? and finland has to lose 3 of their games. Lets assume they lose to Italy twice and maybe to Bosnia? lol what is that a 5% chance? Can someone find an article breaking down our chances and options? Its crazy how that Armenia game REALLLY affected the entire campaign. had we won that game we'd actually be pretty comfortable

Actually they lost to Italy already. So they would have to lose to either Armenia, litchenstein, or Greece. Plus Italy again and Bosnia. 

You could forget it. Even if Finland lose 3 games which I really think is unlikely. We would have to win 5 games straight. Do you think we can beat the Italians in Rome? And a tough one away in Armenia? We will be lucky to beat Finland and Bosnia at home. 

Its over.  The best thing this coach can do is call up young players and prepare for World Cup qualifying next fall. This tournament we will be watching everyone else  😂  get use to it  Greece is so far behind that it's going to be a decades before we qualify again 

We couldn't even get a lifeline via the nations cup. Wtf lol 😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly guys, I am happy for Finland. 
They will make their debut in a major finals. Would love to see them perform well in EURO 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, besides our defense coach fielded a very young team.. excluding defense and goalie we averaged 24 year olds. If I include the subs such as Pavlidis at 20 years old even less. I think the transition has already started, the team just needs some consistency thats all, we might be ready by the time the WC qualifiers come around.

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW Armenia just beat Bosnia 4-2

ITALY -15 PTS

FINLAND - 12 PTS

ARMENIA - 9 PTS

BOSNIA - 7 PTS

GREECE - 4PTS

LIECHTENSTEIN - 0 PTS

Edited by J1078

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, J1078 said:

WOW Armenia just beat Bosnia 4-2

ITALY -15 PTS

FINLAND - 12 PTS

ARMENIA - 9 PTS

BOSNIA - 7 PTS

GREECE - 4PTS

LIECHTENSTEIN - 0 PTS

Armenia are on the rise they were unlucky to get player sent off vs Italy they may have got a draw. 

Anyways as I have been saying here Bosnia are not this fearsome side that some posters talk up. I'm glad to see they will not make it. They were lucky Greece started off so badly against them in Zenica or they would have another loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

If Greece finish 3rd, will they go to the playoffs? 

No, There is no 3rd place playoffs, they eliminated that when the introduced the Nations league started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellada2004 said:

Armenia are on the rise they were unlucky to get player sent off vs Italy they may have got a draw. 

Anyways as I have been saying here Bosnia are not this fearsome side that some posters talk up. I'm glad to see they will not make it. They were lucky Greece started off so badly against them in Zenica or they would have another loss. 

Don't forget Bosnia still have the Nations league playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J1078 said:

Don't forget Bosnia still have the Nations league playoffs

True but they way they are playing they will be in tough up against a Group B side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t blame the coaches boys these guys can’t put 2 passes together against Lichtenstein.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, J1078 said:

There’s not even 100 people in the stadium.. lol

Lmao. Who would wanna be there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He says all the right things and it was also interesting he said this:

“Στην Ολλανδία η ομοσπονδία είναι εντελώς ανεξάρτητη και ο προπονητής διαλέγει τους καλύτερους. Δεν υπάρχουν πολιτικές ισορροπίες κι αυτό θα κάνω κι εγώ".

He says the Dutch federation is completely independent and the coach picks the best players. There is no political balances and that’s what I’m going to do. (Meaning he will pick the best players.)

What I get from this is he is indirectly saying that the EPO are political and are involved in call ups. Where as in the Netherlands it’s not like that. 

Also says this:

“Για το αν έχει συζητήσει με την ΕΠΟ πλάνο ανάπτυξης: "Ναι, είναι μέρος της συμφωνίας μας. Προς το παρόν όλη μας η προσοχή είναι στην ανδρών και τους επόμενους μήνες θα αρχίσουμε να βάζουμε και τους προπονητές των μικρών εθνικών ομάδων στο ίδιο κλίμα. Θα συζητήσουμε με την ομοσπονδία για αυτά τα πλάνα και με ποιο τρόπο θα τα υλοποιήσουμε".

On whether he has discussed with the Development Plan to EPO: “Yes, it is part of our deal. At the moment all our attention is on the men’s team and in the coming months we will start putting the coaches of small national teams in the same climate. We will discuss with the federation these plans and how we will implement them. "

I don’t get what’s part of the deal exactly? But the less EPO has a say in the team the better.

He says all the right things but actions speak louder than words and all that is left is execution. 

  • Like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he tells them to piss off we might have a chance.

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dean97 said:

He says all the right things and it was also interesting he said this:

“Στην Ολλανδία η ομοσπονδία είναι εντελώς ανεξάρτητη και ο προπονητής διαλέγει τους καλύτερους. Δεν υπάρχουν πολιτικές ισορροπίες κι αυτό θα κάνω κι εγώ".

He says the Dutch federation is completely independent and the coach picks the best players. There is no political balances and that’s what I’m going to do. (Meaning he will pick the best players.)

What I get from this is he is indirectly saying that the EPO are political and are involved in call ups. Where as in the Netherlands it’s not like that. 

Also says this:

“Για το αν έχει συζητήσει με την ΕΠΟ πλάνο ανάπτυξης: "Ναι, είναι μέρος της συμφωνίας μας. Προς το παρόν όλη μας η προσοχή είναι στην ανδρών και τους επόμενους μήνες θα αρχίσουμε να βάζουμε και τους προπονητές των μικρών εθνικών ομάδων στο ίδιο κλίμα. Θα συζητήσουμε με την ομοσπονδία για αυτά τα πλάνα και με ποιο τρόπο θα τα υλοποιήσουμε".

On whether he has discussed with the Development Plan to EPO: “Yes, it is part of our deal. At the moment all our attention is on the men’s team and in the coming months we will start putting the coaches of small national teams in the same climate. We will discuss with the federation these plans and how we will implement them. "

I don’t get what’s part of the deal exactly? But the less EPO has a say in the team the better.

He says all the right things but actions speak louder than words and all that is left is execution. 

Hopefully Van’t Schip gets to pick the players that are in top form and hopefully the EPO stays out of his decision making. Overall I liked his player selections. I was glad he didn’t select Bakasetas a guy who should not have been included at the start of the qualifiers. Fetfa finally getting called and starting was a plus. I just thought Mitroglou should have been called up especially to see some time in the match vs Finland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like EPO was trying to force selections on him or "suggested" some players, and he said no - I want these guys.  I hope he means what he says..

 

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

Nothing will change. The guys running the EPO are corrupt asses who only want to look after themselves💲💲

 

 

I hope this time it’s not the case but I think you are right. EPO don’t care about the success of the team. They are money grabbing morons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...