Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

It didn't take long, but there has apparently been a falling out between Anastasiadis and Torosidis. Hence the latter not being called up for these qualifiers. It dates back to the final nations league match, where we were beaten by Estonia 1-0 (toro didn't start, subbed on at the half) If this report is true I guess it means Torosidis wouldn't have been called up in March even if he was fit. Angelo is looking for an apology before he calls him up again.

This is exactly the type of thing that can upset a squad, it comes down to how much pull Toro has over the playing group. Hopefully it doesn't affect the boys too much and they stay focused on the crucial matches coming up. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/ethnikh-omada-giati-o-aggelos-ekopse-ton-torosidh.5525187.html

Edited by paokarag4

5 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

It didn't take long, but there has apparently been a falling out between Anastasiadis and Torosidis. Hence the latter not being called up for these qualifiers. It dates back to the final nations league match, where we were beaten by Estonia 1-0 (toro didn't start, subbed on at the half) If this report is true I guess it means Torosidis wouldn't have been called up in March even if he was fit. Angelo is looking for an apology before he calls him up again.

This is exactly the type of thing that can upset a squad, it comes down to how much pull Toro has over the playing group. Hopefully it doesn't affect the boys too much and they stay focused on the crucial matches coming up. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/ethnikh-omada-giati-o-aggelos-ekopse-ton-torosidh.5525187.html

I was just reading this.. I think Toro is still important for our team and he could still give the team some useful minutes on the field. I always thought of him as a leader and I think the coach is making a mistake by not having him called up..  Plus we don't really have a solid replacement in his position right now...

Not good to hear this especially since Toro has given so much heart for the ethniki. Let's hope this situation works itself out.. Hopefully Greece can get a result of the Turks especially in turkey and missing key players as well. PA ME ELLAS!! 

• Like it 1

Starting 11

Πασχαλάκης, Κούτρης, Μαυρίας, Βαλεριάνος, Κουρμπέλης, Σιώπης, Σάμαρης, Πέλκας, Φορτούνης, Μασούρας, Κουλούρης.

Bench players

: Βλαχοδήμος, Μπάρκας, Κώτσιρας, Σταφυλίδης, Σιόβας, Μπουχαλάκης, Μπακασέτας, Ντουρμισάι, Κολοβός, Μάνταλος.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

9 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Starting 11

Πασχαλάκης, Κούτρης, Μαυρίας, Βαλεριάνος, Κουρμπέλης, Σιώπης, Σάμαρης, Πέλκας, Φορτούνης, Μασούρας, Κουλούρης.

Bench players

: Βλαχοδήμος, Μπάρκας, Κώτσιρας, Σταφυλίδης, Σιόβας, Μπουχαλάκης, Μπακασέτας, Ντουρμισάι, Κολοβός, Μάνταλος.

Efharisto 

• Like it 1

With a full team out there we need Koulouris, Donis's strength is creating chances and scoring from deep. Against Bonsia we missed so many chances as we didnt have an out and out striker there which is what Koulouris is

• Like it 1

On 12/2/2018 at 11:08 PM, Torontoblue said:

No team in ever in the history of qualifiers has qualified from pot 4.

Not true. Turkey qualified from Pot 5 in 1996 and Latvia qualified from Pot D in 2004. But, you are right it’s not going to be easy.

We will have a clearer picture after the next 2 matches.

Edited by kbxk508

10 hours ago, Alphonse said:

With a full team out there we need Koulouris, Donis's strength is creating chances and scoring from deep. Against Bonsia we missed so many chances as we didnt have an out and out striker there which is what Koulouris is

Yes we need donis to take on defenders with his pace out wide.. He had trouble as our striker vs Bosnia. Hopefully koulouris will get some service vs Italy. 

How long is Mitroglou out for?? 

@Rockafeller Skank No way that's so cool! Did you speak to him or get a photo? 

The boys have been given the weekend off and will get together again on Monday and kick into full preparations for the upcoming qualifiers. Sorkatis, Zeca, Manolas and Donis all expected to link up with the rest of the squad on Monday. 

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/458866/apo-deutera-xana-douleia-i-ethniki/

• Like it 1

Italy will be very difficult for us to come out with any points, We play better against strong offensive teams that lack somewhat defensively where we can maybe counter but a team like Italy who has a good offence and great defense will be a huge challenge for us..

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

Italy will be very difficult for us to come out with any points, We play better against strong offensive teams that lack somewhat defensively where we can maybe counter but a team like Italy who has a good offence and great defense will be a huge challenge for us..

Yeah I agree. Hopefully with Donis and Kolovos we can somehow get a point.

• Like it 1

Kolovos looked good in turkey match as well but you guys are too hard to decide on someone's quality over a goal.
Kolovos will be a sub again coz Fortounis is miles ahead on his good day.
We were missing a lot of players from the starting lineup
Donis,  Zeka , Vlachodimos,  Sokratis, Manolas, Siovas, Stafylidis (2nd half he played of course)

7 players who will most possibly be starters in 4 days.
If you also add Kourbelis in the midfield coz he played CB and injured Mitroglou, we were missing 9 out of the starting 11 when we conceded.

We need 3-5-2 

Vlachodimos

Manolas Sokratis Siovas

Zeka(RM) - Kourbelis - Samaris - Stafylidis(LM)

Fortounis
Donis - Koulouris/Masouras

• Like it 2

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=2TuWXPLcM8KwjwS2mLWQCQ&q=euro+2020+qualifiers&oq=euro+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i131j0j0i131l2j0l2j0i131l3j0.912.2050..4039...0.0..0.372.716.4j3-1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0.ZsSQj84sT3M#sie=lg;/g/11bx56kxml;2;/m/0zdsnbj;mt;fp;1;;&spf=1553349580856

Board with updates of all scores.

Still 1-0 Fins at the 64 minute mark.

Rain coming down hard now.

Well, after watching the Sokratis and Ange A interviews on Agona, these kinds of standoffs almost always end in the coach having to relinquish his post. Ok, is Basinas the new coach? Anyway, I hope this will galvanise the team and they start going forward as one for a change.

There are No More Excuses by Sok, Manol and Toro; they will definitely get their way this time but there should be no excuses if they continue to produce sub standard performances going forward. If they don't aim up, bring in the next generation. This coach is more than likely not capable, its not out of the question, some of his team lineups, formations and subs leave alot to be desired. 

At least this explains why Sok and Manol were going like busted asses and Toro  hadnot been chosen, though, Ange A did make Sok captain.. .but Sok is a reluctant captain under the circumstances.

Edited by ausgreek