Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

That would exclude the presence of Kourbelis, Kolovetsios, Bouzoukis, Kyriakidis, Fetfatzidis, Siopis, Maniatis and a bunch of players but the majority of them like Kourbelis, Kolovetsios, Dioudis are wholly dispensable. Maniatis is a good defensive midfielder, but perhaps we can do without him.

1 hour ago, La Mendel said:

That would exclude the presence of Kourbelis, Kolovetsios, Bouzoukis, Kyriakidis, Fetfatzidis, Siopis, Maniatis and a bunch of players but the majority of them like Kourbelis, Kolovetsios, Dioudis are wholly dispensable. Maniatis is a good defensive midfielder, but perhaps we can do without him.

I wouldn’t put Fetfatzidis and Bouzoukis in the same sentence as those names. They are in a different mould and are way better than the overly favoured Bakasetas...

• 2 weeks later...

My colleague Lucia says we need an Italian to sort out our mess..I agreed seeing that Italy is formerly Greek, he would be like signing a local again. Otherwse we can make a play for Trump/Pence in future.

Edited by ausgreek

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HellasLEAF said:

Can we still qualify for 2020?  Is all hope lost now of saving this campaign?  It looks grim.  

Very disappointing..

I really like to think we have a chance but it doesn’t look like we do. Until we find a real coach and until our players actually really care we wont get anywhere. Player selections need to be a adjusted to. For example Bakasetas needs to be out. 

Qualifications will be very difficult. We have a do or die game next Thursday.  The fact that our players folded and potentially threw the game against Armenia to get the coach fired probably cost us any chance we had. If we somehow pull a win then we should be right back in the mix of things.. To be honest no one knows what to expect with this team as they are in a mess IMO.. We are a week away and no real introduction or press conference has happened yet.. Has the coach even had enough time to properly scout the players and reach out to the guys... I mean what's going to happen 3 days before the game against Finland they are all going to get together and all of a sudden put together a new style of play and we think it's going to work??  I hate to say this but I think this may be a disaster for the NT as any coach that comes in needs more time then we have for this qualification..

Edited by J1078

realistically speaking. At this point the only way to qualify is to win EVERY SINGLE game including Italy in Rome? and finland has to lose 3 of their games. Lets assume they lose to Italy twice and maybe to Bosnia? lol what is that a 5% chance? Can someone find an article breaking down our chances and options? Its crazy how that Armenia game REALLLY affected the entire campaign. had we won that game we'd actually be pretty comfortable

2 hours ago, Bardouuu said:

realistically speaking. At this point the only way to qualify is to win EVERY SINGLE game including Italy in Rome? and finland has to lose 3 of their games. Lets assume they lose to Italy twice and maybe to Bosnia? lol what is that a 5% chance? Can someone find an article breaking down our chances and options? Its crazy how that Armenia game REALLLY affected the entire campaign. had we won that game we'd actually be pretty comfortable

Actually they lost to Italy already. So they would have to lose to either Armenia, litchenstein, or Greece. Plus Italy again and Bosnia. 

You could forget it. Even if Finland lose 3 games which I really think is unlikely. We would have to win 5 games straight. Do you think we can beat the Italians in Rome? And a tough one away in Armenia? We will be lucky to beat Finland and Bosnia at home. 

Its over.  The best thing this coach can do is call up young players and prepare for World Cup qualifying next fall. This tournament we will be watching everyone else  ?  get use to it  Greece is so far behind that it's going to be a decades before we qualify again 

We couldn't even get a lifeline via the nations cup. Wtf lol ?????