Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

It would be good to see the players chosen fight tooth & nail, play for a coach that they approved of, buy into his systems. Senior players were not even consulted. The players have more ability than the current rubbish. I for one would like to see a fit Donis, Lamprou, Limnios, Chatzi, Bouzoukis and Bouchalakis all considered.

They should bring into the squad Taxi, his passing range, height, experience and headers, and so would be more effective and creative than Samaris and Kourbelis at the very least. Even Klonaridis instead of Bakasetas is an instant upgrade.

Edited by ausgreek

We have dug ourselves into a massive hole that will take a miracle to get out of.

To make it, we will need to beat Finland home and away and beat Bosnia at home. The odds are less than 12.5% assuming we are 50:50 chance. Draws are useless now so the odds are even less. 

If we drop any points in Finland in Sep i.e. draw to them, then we will need for them to lose at home to Italy and for us to win our last 5 games. 

With Anastasiadis at the helm, we have 0% chance of winning in Helsinki. Behind the scenes they are searching for the next coach. Some on the board favour Ouzounidis and others prefer a foreigner. Whoever they elect, he will need to know Greek footballers well, both in Greece and abroad.

https://www.to10.gr/anonymous/657833/o-agnostos-polemos-piso-apo-ton-angelo/

• Like it 1

Its over for this campaign. No way we can beat Finland away. I'm sorry but it's the truth. This is not get a new coach and everything is fixed. Greece has never been a football power. We had a chance when we won the Euro 2004. But the money was never invested properly for the future. 

It was like winning 2004 was all of a sudden a band aid to cover everything bad up. All of sudden everyone was saying we will win the World cup??. Problem is we didn't qualify for 2006 and when we represented Europe at the confederations cup we stunk ?? that should have been a warning that we needed help. But we qualified for a few tournaments and nobody was worried. Now we missed out on the last 2 tournaments and for sure a 3rd. We are 52 in the world rankings. Next qualification we will be probably in pot 5. Do you think we will qualify then too?

we can keep changing coaches and pretending everything is ok. But the truth is we are lacking in so many departments especially youth development .

why do you think portugal is so good?

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

Read both of these articles and see how dysfunctional this team is with this coach.. He has destroyed this team.. both articles explain the behind the scenes..

https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/an-ethniki-hung-out-to-dry-part-1-of-3

https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/shocking-details-from-ethniki-camp

To be honest, he makes a lot of valid points. The only thing I don’t agree with is how he’s indirectly blaming the fans for not going. If people don’t wanna spend their hard earned money to watch garbage, who would blame them. People work for their money, there are other things more important to spend money on. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

Read both of these articles and see how dysfunctional this team is with this coach.. He has destroyed this team.. both articles explain the behind the scenes..

https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/an-ethniki-hung-out-to-dry-part-1-of-3

https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/shocking-details-from-ethniki-camp

Wow... Just incredible. Not even surprising, and in heard he was a Bible thumper, making players kiss ikones ect. That has no business being anywhere near the team.

If basinas made those subs, he's a vlaka too. Maybe basinas needs to take a trip down memory lane when Otto put him at sweeper against Ukraine in 05 what happened late in the game... So he should know plenty about what happens being played out of position. Katsouranis as well when otto put him at cb against Albania, we all remember how that went. I think they gotta keep the 04 guys away from the team. Good players don't necessarily mean good coaches. And for the sake of their reputations, it's probably better. 

2 hours ago, gsots said:

Wow... Just incredible. Not even surprising, and in heard he was a Bible thumper, making players kiss ikones ect. That has no business being anywhere near the team.

If basinas made those subs, he's a vlaka too. Maybe basinas needs to take a trip down memory lane when Otto put him at sweeper against Ukraine in 05 what happened late in the game... So he should know plenty about what happens being played out of position. Katsouranis as well when otto put him at cb against Albania, we all remember how that went. I think they gotta keep the 04 guys away from the team. Good players don't necessarily mean good coaches. And for the sake of their reputations, it's probably better. 

God is great..lets remember 2004; Anasasiadis is not great. remember Italy  and Armenia..lets continue, Faroe Is. twice with failure coaches Way over the hill.

8 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

Its over for this campaign. No way we can beat Finland away. I'm sorry but it's the truth. This is not get a new coach and everything is fixed. Greece has never been a football power. We had a chance when we won the Euro 2004. But the money was never invested properly for the future. 

It was like winning 2004 was all of a sudden a band aid to cover everything bad up. All of sudden everyone was saying we will win the World cup??. Problem is we didn't qualify for 2006 and when we represented Europe at the confederations cup we stunk ?? that should have been a warning that we needed help. But we qualified for a few tournaments and nobody was worried. Now we missed out on the last 2 tournaments and for sure a 3rd. We are 52 in the world rankings. Next qualification we will be probably in pot 5. Do you think we will qualify then too?

we can keep changing coaches and pretending everything is ok. But the truth is we are lacking in so many departments especially youth development .

why do you think portugal is so good?

Dont worry TO blue we will beat Finland they don't own us at football like they own canada at hockey from men's to women's and even Jr's ? 

1 minute ago, Ellada2004 said:

Dont worry TO blue we will beat Finland they don't own us at football like they own canada at hockey from men's to women's and even Jr's ? 

Yeah ok. Canada is the best hockey team historically bar none. No one touches them. In fact right now I’d argue that they’re better than Greece in soccer too 

12 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Yeah ok. Canada is the best hockey team historically bar none. No one touches them. In fact right now I’d argue that they’re better than Greece in soccer too 

Ela re Jimmy, its funny and true.. 

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

Yes some very nutty things going on here. Basinas making the subs? What's up with that? 

A lot of things coming out are disturbing to say the least. One of the funniest ones was Soc asked the coach how he wanted the team to defend set plays, corners and free kicks, i.e. did he want zonal or man to man. Anastasiadis response was limited to more heavenly father, prayer mumbo jumbo.

I just read on The World Game that ,Ange P has been doing so well at Yokahama that he is linked to the Greece national job, and that he deserves more respect. Well there you are my fellow broskiis!!!

On 6/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, ausgreek said:

How can the EPO hire a coach without the blessing of Torosidis, Sokratis, Manolas, and Fortounis, the senior core group ffs??

Because this is the national team, you either STFU and do what you're told or you don't get picked. This is the attitude that creates a poisoned dressing room or a NT controlled by player agents. Any administration consulting players on who should be coach ought to be sacked

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Nea Bafra said:

Because this is the national team, you either STFU and do what you're told or you don't get picked. This is the attitude that creates a poisoned dressing room or a NT controlled by player agents. Any administration consulting players on who should be coach ought to be sacked

Amen brother 

1 hour ago, ausgreek said:

I just read on The World Game that ,Ange P has been doing so well at Yokahama that he is linked to the Greece national job, and that he deserves more respect. Well there you are my fellow broskiis!!!

This will be a dumpster fire. 

16 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Grammenos and his EPO flunkies need to go now. We need a guy like Gagastis who let Otto make his decisions about the team and it led us to Euro ?,screw the clubs influence on the NT. 

I’ve always said that until the coach has full control then we will see better performances/results.

A coach like Pep Guardiola would command Everyone's respect from the top to the bottom. Someone like Markarian, Skibbe, Tsanas, Anastasiadis or Ranieri would have to try to man manage Sok, Toro, Mitro, Fortounis and Manolas. Another coach like that group would not command respect from any of them. Or, the new coach can not pick them and have an u23's team. 

EPO might have to raid their money boxes and get a real coach instead of a hologram coach or this will continue. Before signing any contract, the next coach shortlisted must have their word that they will give him a fair go, by having a meeting over afew Frappes, and discuss philosophies going forward, or we won't defeat Faroe Is. again. Thats the reality these days.

Edited by ausgreek