Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

The hate Mitroglou gets as soon as some youths start having a good season is unreal.

Mitroglou is better than Koulouris for now. Koulouris can surpass him because he has also other attributes (long shot and a bit quicker if you ask me).

The fact that we have 3 players that can play Striker with different attributes (Mitroglou - Koulouris - Donis) should be a joy and not a debate about who should be the starter.

• Like it 1

17 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Ethniki will keep improving as Samaris and Zeca keep clicking together, as they are in great form. The engine room has been the weakest link in this team for the longest time. Also, we need the injured players back on deck and to keep Marouras/Kolovos on one wing and Donis on the other as well. The team looks happy to be around each other.

I admire Ange A for trying 3 defenders at the back, changing up the systems. He also made the perfect substitutions in particular, against Bosnia-Herts. Positive signs ahead.

I am not sure yet if Ange made the perfect subs or the obvious ones and the team just showed mentality. I mean you re 2-0 behind during HT. You would obviously take a defensive player out and play an offensive one. At 80 minutes you see you have a chance to score another one and equalize, so what do you do? Take another defensive player out and put a more offensive one.

Let's not rush to conclusions from one window. Sto telos ginetai h souma pou leme.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:14 AM, Dean97 said:

Just a question... do you guys think we will make this tournament and if we do how far??

With the format changing and teams with 3 draws qualifying to a R16 I think at least R16 IF we qualify.

In order to qualify we must not lose a single point to Finland, Armenia and Bosnia in the remaining 5 mathes with them.

Yes u need to be 2nd which means realistically gather more points than Bosnia who - being an offensive team will not lose points vs Finland and Armenia. We on the other hand can easily drop points to such minnows. So make sure we win all 4 games with them and not lose to Bosnia and we re through.

• Like it 3

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

I think Bosnia may drop points against Finland especially without Pjanic. I can see them drawing. Realistically I don't think we will beat Italy but a draw is more realistic. 

I think they will be lucky to tie Finland especially without Pjanic. Also Finland are tough at home recently not giving up a goal in nations league matches. 

• Like it 1

11 hours ago, J1078 said:

I think Bosnia may drop points against Finland especially without Pjanic. I can see them drawing. Realistically I don't think we will beat Italy but a draw is more realistic. 

yup bosnia might've messed up their whole qualifiers because Pjanic is out for a game or two? Finland being a threat baffles me but I guess they have a good team this round. Nations league is kinda a joke tourny though so might've just gotten lucky. Ronaldo didn't even play for portugal for it.

• Like it 2

I still can’t believe how Greece could not top a group with Finland, Hungary and Estonia. Also finishing below Hungary in 3rd was pathetic, Skibbe screwed us here as it would have been good to have a NL playoff spot in our pocket just in case, though I do believe Greece will finish in top two.

• Thanks 1

It depends on injuries / tactics / players chosen to start.

if we play our best line up on paper I think we are 2nd best team to italy. 

if bakasetas is starting if round though and sit back to absorb attack we might be in trouble.

21 hours ago, georgelaz said:

yup bosnia might've messed up their whole qualifiers because Pjanic is out for a game or two? Finland being a threat baffles me but I guess they have a good team this round. Nations league is kinda a joke tourny though so might've just gotten lucky. Ronaldo didn't even play for portugal for it.

That’s just making excuses bud. Nations League is what it is and it exposed how crap we were under Skibbe and that Finland was better than us

• Like it 1

Finland will push Greece hard for 2nd place. I think Finland will get a win in Helsinki vs Bosnia (though a draw would be better for us) Greece play there in September it will be a tough test hopefully Greece can come out with a win and after that game hopefully we're on 13 points and in first place in the group. 

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Let’s not jump ahead too much. We should take each game as it comes. Greece done well the first 2 matches. We still have to improve, especially in finishing. 

I agree.. this was a very small sample size for us but it did show positive signs.. We have a hell of lot to improve on and you juts hope they keep getting better every game.. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction becasue as much as we think we turned the corner we can easily take two steps back with two bad results in June.. I’m not ready to say we are taking 2nd place yet.. I do feel like the team is closer to each other and there is a good vibe again with the players and I also think if played the right way we can create offensively and we don’t need to sit back all the time.. Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of good things to come because honestly I can’t go through missing another tournament..

• Like it 2

49 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I agree.. this was a very small sample size for us but it did show positive signs.. We have a hell of lot to improve on and you juts hope they keep getting better every game.. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction becasue as much as we think we turned the corner we can easily take two steps back with two bad results in June.. I’m not ready to say we are taking 2nd place yet.. I do feel like the team is closer to each other and there is a good vibe again with the players and I also think if played the right way we can create offensively and we don’t need to sit back all the time.. Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of good things to come because honestly I can’t go through missing another tournament..

Just thinking positive ? I like how the team has played on the attack under Ange. The first game even though we only scored 2 vs Liechtenstein they could have easily put in 5 goals if not for some bad finishing. In Bosnia we scored 2 again, and we had Bosnia on three heels. Fortounis had one on a plate in the first half and blasted it over the net. Also in the second half Kolovos had a half volley saved in the box and a few more grade a chances that didn’t go in. So if we can keep up the same offensive pressure going into the next two matches I like our chances. If we play with the same attacking style as we saw vs Bosnia we can get a win. Throw Manolas and Toro back into the lineup and we look pretty tough. 

• Like it 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That;s bad coz he has been shaky and making mistakes whole year. I understand his potential but today I dont think he scares anyone with his current form.

Thinking of joining the matches this June. I ll be back in Greece after a while and hopefully only for a while, so I could celebrate this return with 4 points ? !

2 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

That;s bad coz he has been shaky and making mistakes whole year. I understand his potential but today I dont think he scares anyone with his current form.

Thinking of joining the matches this June. I ll be back in Greece after a while and hopefully only for a while, so I could celebrate this return with 4 points ? !

He hasn't been that great but he is a good young talent. I guess Mancini will go with Sirigu. Yesterday he dropped Balotelli from the squad. 

Your lucky if you get to see the NT. I wanted to see them play Italy but not able to go at that time. It will be a great scene around OAKA vs Italy..

16 hours ago, Pana_For_Life said:

Does anyone know if dazn shows qualifiers?

I think in Canada they are carrying it. Also ESPN 3 broadcasts qualifiers but is not available here I tried to get the channel through Rogers. The last few years they were on sportsnet or sportsnet package. 

Does anyone know how to get this game vs Italy on tv here in Canada... 

DAZN shows the European qualifiers only in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. As far as I know nobody shows the qualifiers in Canada.

In US the Italy game will be on ESPN+ and Univision Deportes en Vivo. The game against Armenia on ESPN3 and Univision Deportes en Vivo

In the past RAI International used to carry the Italian NT games, but I don't know if they still do.

Another option is to by-pass the regional restrictions with a VPN and stream the game through Open TV.

Greek Soccer TV Schedules: https://www.facebook.com/Greeksoccerontv/ 

Univision Deportes is a channel that is available on cable and satellite systems. However the game is on Univision Deportes en Vivo, which is a streaming channel from Univision Deportes and it requires authentication that you subscribe to Univsion Deportes through cable in order to be able to watch it. I am sure bars in Hispanic population areas will carry either of those channels.

• Like it 1