Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

@Dean97 I see where you are coning from but when playing for the NT with such limited practise time and new faces perhaps joining the team doesn't it make sense to play players where they are comfortable and accustomed to playing? I strongly believe players need to play in their position that has made them successful as players and all this mix matching just leads to mistakes and not being productive on the field.. just my opinion... 

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, ausgreek said:

I have already stated this Ange bloke is on countdown before, and I still have the same opinion. I just need to look at his team and substitutions only once, thats it for me. He will be out after Euros, no question.

I'm kind of with you man, I was hoping in the Nations leagues game we would have seen some optimism but he pretty much went with Skibbe's line up and then we needed a second goal against Finland instead of bringing on a second striker and changing the formation he simply removed one striker for another.. I have no clue what he was thinking with the line up and subs against Estonia.. I'm hoping he just didn't want to make too many changes as he was limited with time and hopefully we see different players and style at the Euros.. The in game subs he made doesn't  give me to much hope though.. Lets wait and see as he deserves a chance to prove himself at the Euros..

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, J1078 said:

@Dean97 I see where you are coning from but when playing for the NT with such limited practise time and new faces perhaps joining the team doesn't it make sense to play players where they are comfortable and accustomed to playing? I strongly believe players need to play in their position that has made them successful as players and all this mix matching just leads to mistakes and not being productive on the field.. just my opinion... 

Yeah i see what you mean. I’m not advocating to play players out of position but he should figure who can and who can’t like the example I have with Fetfatzidis. I believe Fetfatzidis can do the job on both CAM and wing. Hopefully he now understands Pelkas and Mantalos can’t do the job on the wing. Now that he will have most players available next year he should see players in their correct positions. Chatzigiovannis is an example of a player who will be available. I don’t know if he wants Pelkas and Fortounis in at the same time or Mantalos and Fortounis on at the same time but they shouldn’t be. With Angelos saying he doesn’t care about positions and as long as your good enough you can play any where, that’s clearly not the case with some of our players. I hope we see good performances and good results going forward. National teams do have off periods for a few years and then they bounce back hopefully we start bouncing back now as it’s been 4 years of too many ups and downs but mostly downs from the team. We need to get back to where we belong and that’s on tournaments.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

15 hours ago, J1078 said:

I'm kind of with you man, I was hoping in the Nations leagues game we would have seen some optimism but he pretty much went with Skibbe's line up and then we needed a second goal against Finland instead of bringing on a second striker and changing the formation he simply removed one striker for another.. I have no clue what he was thinking with the line up and subs against Estonia.. I'm hoping he just didn't want to make too many changes as he was limited with time and hopefully we see different players and style at the Euros.. The in game subs he made doesn't  give me to much hope though.. Lets wait and see as he deserves a chance to prove himself at the Euros..

These managers keep towing the same line and how many has there been that went out the back door? Answer is: Many! Must do something different to get a different result. Do the same, you get the same. The manager revolving door will continue with this non-philosophy.

Play a speedier AM, actual Wingers and back more youth. Angelino A should consider making a statement and drop Mykonos, Mantalos, Karelis (till he does something), and Bouchalakis doesn't seem fast enough. Fortounis must move deeper-lying to stop attacking raids and pass from out the back to the midfielders. That is his thing now. He is not quick enough, I've seen enough and he isn't going to get quicker. Donis can play as Second Striker this way and there would be two up front this way, along with Koulouris, who does more off the ball than Mykonos.

Once a player is potentially a champion player but hasn't delivered after 10-15 games at the highest level, its not going to happen, move on.

Next time our strength, being the CB's, let in a soft goal, drop the culprit to the bench also. Players like Retsos and the like, will be ready to pounce on a starting opportunity. Some player feel they have a right to be in the team. That is not putting the National Team first.The manager won't get the ass if he shows strength, only if he makes stupid substitutions.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 3

16 hours ago, ausgreek said:

These managers keep towing the same line and how many has there been that went out the back door? Answer is: Many! Must do something different to get a different result. Do the same, you get the same. The manager revolving door will continue with this non-philosophy.

Play a speedier AM, actual Wingers and back more youth. Angelino A should consider making a statement and drop Mykonos, Mantalos, Karelis (till he does something), and Bouchalakis doesn't seem fast enough. Fortounis must move deeper-lying to stop attacking raids and pass from out the back to the midfielders. That is his thing now. He is not quick enough, I've seen enough and he isn't going to get quicker. Donis can play as Second Striker this way and there would be two up front this way, along with Koulouris, who does more off the ball than Mykonos.

Once a player is potentially a champion player but hasn't delivered after 10-15 games at the highest level, its not going to happen, move on.

Next time our strength, being the CB's, let in a soft goal, drop the culprit to the bench also. Players like Retsos and the like, will be ready to pounce on a starting opportunity. Some player feel they have a right to be in the team. That is not putting the National Team first.The manager won't get the ass if he shows strength, only if he makes stupid substitutions.

Well said Aus, maybe we could get Mourinho to come in and do things his way lol... would love to see it.

• Like it 2

16 hours ago, ausgreek said:

I agree Fortounis has lost his speed. I don’t know how he would do deeper but attacking wise it would benefit us. Defensively I do t know and he could get exposed and we’ll have less numbers in midfield maybe. I’d go with Fetfatzidis as the 10 and play Chatzigiovannis and Donis on the wings. If we want a speedier CAM then Fetfatzidis is the man. Pelkas can come on off the bench if need be. Kourbelis can play that 6 role as the destroyer. We have the wingers we just need to get it right in the middle of the field.

• Like it 1

Again I overheard Elena the glamour, next door, talking to Sia and Despo, they are unanimous in their thinking, that Man Utd, are finally going to be lead by a decent manager, without distractions now that Mourinho has departed, that manager being Pogba!

The EPO should think seriously about aquiring the services of Eric Cantona to refine Fortouni's chopping down skills-I don't mean trees either. Kosta has a serious skillset when compared to Kourbelis, or any other of recent times at DM. He is not quick enough to play as box to box so its either AM, DM or bench. 

I still would prefer to see Donis as SS. Fetfa is good, like a Subaru WRX, got everything, but Donis is like a Ferrari with leather interior and a sic radio station playing a George Laz remix. If I wore a skirt, I know which one I would want to sit my pretty little ass in.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 1

Mourinho would be great for NT I think as he's defensive minded and it's our strength. Feel like he's a bit outside of our pay grade though...

it seems that a lot of NT teams are getting stronger while we're atrophying. Ukraine, Serbia come to mind.

I think what we need is pace for the counter as we absorb attacks and should probably play 3 atb as insurance. Tsimikas and Donis bring pace but we need more on the right flank. Probably Bakakis + Fetfa. Torosidis is good as impact sub at 60+ minutes.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 3

Only that Mourinho ho ho ho, would criticise Retso, Chatzigiovanni, Bakak, Donis etc that they are young and take everything for granted and have everything handed to them-like Pogba and others were accused of. He will bring back Tzioli$ (c) and Tzavella (vc) for sure.

He will call us keyboard warriors too, fancy calling us that!!!!!?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

The national team home games will move to Pankrytio Stadium in Crete, but since UEFA will not approve the use of the stadium until some major work is done to fix it. This will not happen until August/September, so the team will have to play the two game in June somewhere else. They are thinking of playing those games at Karaiskaki.

That would be ridiculous as was the case when Gate 4 fans wrote a letter saying they did not want the NT playing in Toumba?

If my team PAO did the same thing I would be really pissed off with them. The NT should play wherever they want to in Greece!

• Thanks 2

This will not work to give us home field advantage... Playing in a Stadium where the fans don't want you to play is a horrible decision by the EPO.  Such a disadvantage for the NT... Its always something with our team from always having an injured line up, to the bullshit suspension of Manolas, Getting rejected to playing at kariaskakis… This team has the worst luck IMO.... Cant we just start a tournament with no obstacles for once..

• Like it 3

J1078 it seems like its been an up hill climb ever since we started Euro 2016 qualification and we had to play the first home game without fans vs Romania.. The NT needs to catch a break..

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Does anyone know who will carry the Euro qualifiers here in Canada? I hope its on tv package unlike CL games.

Not sure about any tv networks but I think Agonasport should carry them and you can order each game for $7.99.

Edited by J1078