Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

2 minutes ago, PanagiotisScordis said:

12 points from Lichtenstein and Armenia. We should beat Bosnia, and we will have to work hard against Finland and Italy

Bosnia will be difficult... Greece never win in Finland.. Its an open group but the favorites are definitely Italy and Bosnia

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2

Lol we can't top a group consisting of Finland , Hungary and Estonia but now we will finish 2nd in this group. ???

We can dream. But I think it's time to wake up. Do you really think we can beat Italy? Let alone Bosnia and Finland? even Armenia will be tough away. Top teams struggle there. 

We will be lucky to finish 3rd but with the team we have I think 4th is where we will end up. Qualifying starts in less than 3 months unless Greece has naturalized a group of Brazilians we ain't qualifying lol

???

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Tricky draw, could've been worse. 

At our best we mix it with Bosnia for 2nd spot. We don't match up well with Finland but if we can take 4 points off them we'll be in good shape. 

Hopefully the boys turn around their form and we'll be in with a shot

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 1

We knew it would be difficult what ever group we got especially in our current state, but id rather have this group which may give us a fighting chance then some of the other groups.. Like I said we know Italy and Bosnia are the favorites and Finland is always a challenge.. Not going to be easy at all but we could have been placed in a much harder group..

• Like it 1

We have to move on from what’s happened in the past. We should be optimistic and the team should be aswell. Like someone said Italy is beatable. We know what Bosnia is about and we will be prepared. Finland, we won’t make the same mistake again. Hopefully against Armenia we get the right result because we haven’t face them and we know how we do against minnows. Hopefully we create the right team going into March.

• Like it 2

This team is broke. It won't be fixed in time for the qualifiers. So much work needs to be done. Im sorry to be so negative but you could see the downfall from 2014. Final straw was finishing 3rd in the nations cup. A competition that was so easy for us to finish 1st and get into the playoffs. The 3rd division. The 3rd division let that sink in. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Greekoz said:

I have us finishing 2nd last here. This team doesn’t walk through anyone lol.

Exactly. Spot on  

And It didn't matter what group we got it's impossible to qualify from pot 4. 

No team in ever in the history of qualifiers has qualified from pot 4. 

Euros and world cup

Edited by Torontoblue
  • Like it 1

3 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

This team is broke. It won't be fixed in time for the qualifiers. So much work needs to be done. Im sorry to be so negative but you could see the downfall from 2014. Final straw was finishing 3rd in the nations cup. A competition that was so easy for us to finish 1st and get into the playoffs. The 3rd division. The 3rd division let that sink in. 

The players we have we really shouldn’t be having a hard time against those type of teams. Maybe this current generation is not creative or as talented as we think. We definitely aren’t creative that’s for sure because if we were we would score more than 1 goal.

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

@Torontoblue Bro we know and I don't think anyone is debating what you are saying but we are all going to still watch the qualifiers and still have hope of getting through even if our chances are slim...

I'm going to watch too. 

But reading the comments makes me laugh. We finish 3rd in the nations cup but now we will finish 2nd and qualify. Lol

1 hour ago, Torontoblue said:

Exactly. Spot on  

And It didn't matter what group we got it's impossible to qualify from pot 4. 

No team in ever in the history of qualifiers has qualified from pot 4. 

Euros and world cup

There’s always a first. I won’t get my hopes up, but there’s always a first time for everything. 

Listen guys we are at our lowest right now we all get that but lets not forget as low as we are we still drew Belgium who is a power house and played two tight games against them, We also drew Bosnia twice.. Its a fact we play better when we are the underdogs... If we figure our s%$#! out and we play the best players at our disposal we at least give ourselves a chance in this group..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

We have no power house but 3 tricky teams... 

Italy

Bonsina

Finland

Greece

Armenia

Liechtenstein

Its a good draw for us, Italy will be tough as they all ways qualify for major tournaments and will be hungry after missing the last World Cup, but I have watched them play in nations league and they were having there own troubles. Bosnia we know them well seems like we are always paired in the same group and know how to match up with them. Greece tied them at home last WCUP qualifiers with a late goal from Tzavellas and should have beat them in Bosnia if not for Mantalos missing an easy tap in. The team will be eager to face them its a rivalry.

Finland may give us the most problems for whatever reason we struggle vs them. 

At least Greece avoided heavy weight Pot 1 sides France and Spain, Germany from Pot 2 and Serbia from Pot 3. 

Overall Greece can make it out of this group if the coach gets his selections and tactics right.

PA ME ELLADA!!!

• Like it 2

Some thoughts, Greece avoided a group with Netherlands and Germany

Also we avoided group with Portugal, Ukraine and Serbia 

France, Iceland and Turkey, Albania the 4th pot team goes in that group so good for us

Croatia, Wales and Slovakia in Group E  

Poland group along with Austria and Israel would have been the best for Greece. 

Also Group A England, Czech Republic, and Bulgaria would have been advantageous. England always manage to score the easiest groups in World Cup & Euro qualifying those dirty English with there pay offs!

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

Listen guys we are at our lowest right now we all get that but lets not forget as low as we are we still drew Belgium who is a power house and played two tight games against them, We also drew Bosnia twice.. Its a fact we play better when we are the underdogs... If we figure our s%$#! out and we play the best players at our disposal we at least give ourselves a chance in this group..

I like our chances, during the week I had a feeling we were going to draw in with Belgium and Germany so this is fantastic.

Italy are great at home were they dont lose qualifiers but watching them lately they are struggling to score goals if we can go to Belgium and draw then its possible to do the same here.