Phantis Forums

SL–R10: PAOK - Panaitolikos (11-Nov-18, 17:15 EET)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.d1b79252d970c38fe0cde20e1aabda09.jpg  VS Panaitolikos.png.286d17391e8c94728b8ce774385a32a8.png

MATCHUP:             P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - Panaitolikos Agrinio
COMPETITION:      Superleague - Round 10
DATE:                       11-November-2018
TIME:                       17:15 EET  (15:15 GMT, 09:15 CST, 02:15 AEDT next day)
CITY / STADIUM:   Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)
REFEREES:              Alexandros Tsamouris (Piraeus) - Reinhard Bouxbaum (An. Attiki), Dimitrios Filos (Voiotia)
TELEVISION:           Novasports 2 (Greece), Sport Plus (USA, Canada, Australia), PAOK TV (worldwide)

PAOK – Panaitolikos history

Superleague

2017-2018:  1:0 (Prijovic) - Attendance:  no fans
2016-2017:  
2:1 (Biseswar, Rodrigues) - Attendance:  11,515
2015-2016:  
0:0 - Attendance:  8,964
2014-2015:  
1:2 (Mak) - Attendance:  6,936
2013-2014:  
1:0 (Lucas) - Attendance:  11,922
2011-2012:  
3:0 (Vieirinha, Papazoglou, Spadacio) - Attendance:  9,975

Alpha Ethniki (Amateur/Semi-Professional)

1976-1977:  2:1 (Orfanos 2 ) - Attendance:  ?
1975-1976:  
4:1 (Guerino 2, Sarafis,Anastasiadis ) - Attendance:  ?

GAMES:  8    WINS:  6    TIES:  1    LOSSES:  1

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R10: PAOK - Panaitolikos (11-Nov-18, 17:15 EET)

Matos will sit this one out due to 4 yellow cards. Vieirinha will most likely take his spot and Tosca will play LB.

In othe news Mauricio completed full practice today and is ready for action. I doubt he will play in Hungary, but might get some minutes in this game.

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R10: PAOK - Panaitolikos (11-Nov-18, 17:15 EET)

I’d be surprised if Lucescu messes with the Varela/Crespo pairing at CB.  It’s finally working and purring like a well oiled machine.  Even Yiankos has not been criticising Crespo of late and that goes to show you miracles do happen. ?

Which leaves us with Kitsiou and Tosca.  If Kitsiou doesn’t get a run this game then he’s done for.  Let’s see what happens.  I’m a bit annoyed with the club that they’ve left these two positions with no depth.  Sure you can slot Crespo or Tosca there but they’re a band aid.  They aren’t what we need.  And at RB we have only Kitsiou who isn’t rated.  If you don’t rate him get another player.  If I was Savvidis and Lucescu told me “I don’t rate him” I’d be getting angry at Lucescu.  He’s your pick papara.

The only good thing is we don’t have difficult games in the GSL so the timing is all right.  But it’s a concern that Lucescu keeps flogging Matos and Vieirinha.

One more thing.  If Lucescu really doesn’t want Kitsiou I’d be playing Limnios as RB in some of the easier GSL games.  He’d be more than fine.  Possibly better than Matos who is looking a bit burnt out.  And bring back Giannoulis.

Edited by Bananas

Option A: Play Tosca at left back, push Crespo to right back and call upon Malezas to do a job with Varela in central defence 

Option B: Give Kitsiou a second chance

I am praying Razvan drops Shakhov and El Khaddouri. Would also be nice to see Prijovic dropped to the bench.

My lineup:

--Pashalakis--

--Kitsiou--Varela--Crespo--Tosca--

--Wernbloom--Canas--

--Jaba--Biseswar--Warda--

--Akpom--

It's the best we have at the moment. Would not mind Pelkas starting in the middle as well, but it's ridiculous that Warda gets so little play time. I have no issues with the above two fullbacks. If Kitsiou screws up badly again, then kick him to the curb.

The more I think about it Lucescu does not have another option than to give Kitsiou another chance, unless he puts Limnios as RB. The other question mark is Mauricio. I wonder if he plays him in this game.

Pash, Pelkas will play in this game. That is the reason why he did not play yesterday, so either Warda or Biseswar will sit this one out. Also, Prijovic always starts and I don't see that changing unless is injured. Akpom and Karelis have not shown me that they deserve to get the starting job in the CF position.

Ότι και να διαλέξει ο Λουτσέσκου η ομάδα πρέπει να μπει και να καθαρίσει το ματς από το πρώτο ημίχρονο. Χρειαζόμαστε εύκολη νίκη που θα φέρει ηρεμία και ψυχραιμία. 2-0 ή 3-0 στο ημίχρονο. Το φετινό πρωτάθλημα θα πονέσει πολύ κόσμο!

Looks like Kitsiou will get his shot at redemption as he's been included in the squad. Karelis, Warda and Malezas left out. 

Ρέι , Πασχαλάκη , Τόσκα , Κίτσιου , Βαρέλα , Κρέσπο , Χατσερίδη ,Μαουρίσιο , Σάκχοφ , Βέρνμπλουμ , Κάνιας , Μπίσεσβαρ , Πέλκα , ΕλΚαντουρί , Ζαμπά , Λημνιό , Πρίγιοβιτς και Ακπόμ .

Edited by paokarag4

Starting XI

-------------Pasxalakis
Kitsiou-----Varela---Crespo---Tosca
--------------Canas--------Shkahov
Limnios------Pelkas--------------Biseswar
---------------Prijo

Bench: Rey, Khacheridi, Wernbloom, Maurico, Jaba, El Kaddouri and Akpom 

Not thrilled with Shakhov getting the start but I guess Maurico coming back from his injury was never going to start. 

That bench is on some good $$$