Phantis Forums

EL–GS-R3: PAOK - Vidi FC (25-Oct-18, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg VS Vidi.jpg.496b683a4ca42e28fa3e65c514dd7f1c.jpg

MATCHUP:            PAOK Thessaloniki – MOL Vidi FC
COMPETITION:     Europa League – Group Stage- Round 3
DATE:                      25-October-2018
TIME:                      22:00 EEST  (19:00 GMT, 14:00 CDT, 06:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:    Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium (28,703)
REFEREES:             Yevhen Aranovsky - Serhey Bekker, Oleg Pluzhnyk - Mykola Balaki, Anatolyi Abdula (Ukraine)
TELEVISION:         COSMOTE Sport 1 (Greece), Cytavision 2 (Cyprus), DAZN (Canada), B/R Live (USA), Optus Sport (Australia)

PAOK’s History against teams from Hungary in European Competitions

2003-2004:  Debrecen VSC – PAOK  0:0 – Att: 5,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 2 – Leg 2)
2003-2004:  PAOK – Debrecen VSC  1:1 – (Karadimos)   Att: 8,701 – UEFA Cup (Round 2 – Leg 1)

GAMES:  2    WINS:  0    TIES:  2    LOSSES:  0

• Blackhawk changed the title to EL–GS-R3: PAOK - Vidi FC (25-Oct-18, 22:00 EEST)

Πλην του ματς με την Τσέλσι στο Λονδίνο δεν πρέπει να χάσουμε κανένα παιχνίδι. Ένα ένα, σιγά σιγά και το Μάιο θα είμαστε καλά.

Πρώτα το αφεντικό της πόλης και μετά έρχεται και η ομαδάρα της Ουγγαρίας που από ατυχία δεν κατάφερε να αποκλείσει το μεγαθήριο της πρωταθλήτριας Ελλάδας.

Μας τελείωσε το αφεντικό της πόλης. Πάμε για Βίντι τώρα.

Για να δούμε τι ροτέισον θα κάνει ο Ρουμάνος. Λογικά θα δούμε Λημνιό βασικό. Ελπίζω να είναι καλά ο Ζαμπά και να μην έχουμε απρόοπτα μετά το σημερινό παιχνίδι. Ο Βιεϊρίνια σε κάποια φάση έδειχνε να έχει ενοχλήσεις. Και να δούμε σε τι κατάσταση είναι και ο Πέλκας. Ίσως ο Σάκχοφ παίξει βασικός;

Normally I'd say we won't be doing a rotation, but the fact that we play Panathinaikos at home on the 29th makes me think we might. Here's my guess at the lineup:

--Pashalakis--

--Matos--Varela--Crespo--Tosca--

--Wernbloom--Shakhov--

--Limnios--Biseswar--Warda--

--Prijovic--

20 minutes ago, pash said:

Minor injuries were picked up by Vieirinha and Matos in the game vs Aris. Personally, I'd not risk Matos and would strongly consider starting Kitsiou as RB...

I'd be playing Limnios as RB.  But that would probably hurt his feelings so we can't have that.  Seriously, I don't see him as an "extrem" in the classical sense.  If Vieirinha can play RB I don't see why Limnios can't.  And yes, Matos has to be rested.  Enough is enough!

Edited by Bananas

What about Limnios makes you think he's not a winger? I don't see anything that separates him from the other players we have there, apart from his inexperience. It's not a terrible idea to put him as RB for emergency situations, but honestly Kitsiou *should* be better at defending.

His dribbling is average.  Not terrible but not awesome.  And he just doesn't look like the sort of player that can score enough goals to justify being played as a forward.

I'm sounding a bit harsh yeah ?  I'm not condemning the kid, just saying that I don't consider him a complete enough player for that position just yet.  Still has quite a bit to go.  Yes, I realize he's still learning but you look at say Jaba, and I guarantee you if he plays a full 90 minutes each game in the GSL, he'll end up with 12+ goals.  Having said that Jaba has many things to work on in his game also.  I wish we still had Campos to teach them the ropes for one more year.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with teaching a "winger" how to play the defensive game also.  Once they get over their ego being hurt, most can do a damn good job.  With his work rate, Limnios would do well.  Especially in the GSL.

As for Kitsiou, I so want him to do well but I have lost faith.  I believe given the increase in quality of our squad in the last 3 years, he doesn't really have a place.  Here's hoping he proves me very wrong.

5 hours ago, pash said:

Minor injuries were picked up by Vieirinha and Matos in the game vs Aris. Personally, I'd not risk Matos and would strongly consider starting Kitsiou as RB...

I believe Kitsiou has played his last game for PAOK. That's my belief. However Lucescu might give him another chance in the cup games against Ergotelis and Spata.

Our main objective is the LEAGUE.

So here is my line up:

------------------ Paschalakis ----------------
Matos - Varela - Crespo - Vieirinha
---------- Wernbloom -- Canas ----------
Limnios ----- Biseswar/Pelkas ------ Jaba
-------------------- Karelis-------------------

Edited by Barcelona4

Και είμαστε τυχεροί που δεν έχουμε πολλά ταξίδια. Παίξαμε με Άρη Χαριλάου, τώρα με Βίντι εντός και Βάζελο εντός ξανά.

Γιατί είσαι στην Ευρώπη το καλύτερο σιρόπι ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ σ' αγαπώ!

Τρέλανέ μας ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑΑΑΑ! Ταβάνι φέτος δεν υπάρχει. Προχωράμε με τρέλα σε κάθε ματς!

Our squad for tomorrow:

Ρέι, Πασχαλάκης, Μάτος, Τόσκα, Βαρέλα, Κρέσπο, Χατσερίδης, Σάχοφ, Βέρνμπλουμ, Κάνιας, Μπίσεσβαρ, Ουάρντα, Πέλκας, Ελ Καντουρί, Ζαμπά, Λημνιός, Πρίγιοβιτς, Καρέλης.

Karelis and Shakhov starting is a surprise for me. Prijo will come in late in the game when the score is still 0:0 to score the game winner. Would not be surprised to see a tie in this game if we don't score early. 

I think they have a decent team and almost made it to the group stage of CL. They are also playing their last card in this group stage. 

I am just cautious. If the real PAOK shows up we should have no problem. 

• Blackhawk changed the title to EL–GS-R3: PAOK - Vidi FC (25-Oct-18, 22:00 EEST)