Phantis Forums

Nations League - Game #4 - Finland V. Greece (Tampere Stadion, Tampere) - October 15, 2018

La Mendel

Unfortunately we all know what he's gonna do... He's gonna play guys outta position as usual and then blunder the substitutions because hes a puppet for the currupt epo. You'd think these morons would correlate a winning successful team and making money though. 

Remember this is the coach who thought it made sense to have stafylidis as a dm. Like where did this idiot get his soccer iq from ffs! "hey, I'm going to play a system that requires wingers, but I'm not going to put any true wingers on the field". Like why?? Wtf are we being forced to watch this nonsense every month? What a f'n joke this has become. 

He didn't even play for the win in the 2nd leg against the Croats when it was do. Or die, so he's certainly not gonna do it here. 

Pelkas should have been moved to dm to be box to box and interchange with fortounis, and laz should have been brought on. Or torosidis could have been brought on and him and bakakis could have interchanged down the right side.

Fukkkkk! I hate this coach so much! Like try some of this stuff in a friendly you f'n assclown!,

• Like it 3

yeah either fortounis or pelkas as an 8 would be good we need to win. our defense is robust we need to beef up our attaack

mitroglou

lazaros fortounis  fetfa

pelkas  zeca

tsimikas sok man bakakis

barkas

• Like it 1

I really like the idea of either Pelkas or Mantalos as the 8. Pelkas likes to hustle and is aggressive at times and will win the ball. He is very good at pressing. He can also link up with Fortounis and interchange positions if the situation calls for it. 

I read on another forum how a poster thought Lazaros wasn't a winger. That is also the reason why his form has dipped. I have always wanted Lazaros to play as a 10. Bakasetas should be on the bench always. When Donis comes back he will be out. Also if Chatzigiovannis continues his form with PAO than we will have 3 natural wingers to pick from next time around. 

8 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Greece need the win, the Finns will sit back and play for the draw. Finland are ranked lower than Hungary and they have a couple of good footballers. I will take the 1-0 trade mark win for the Ethniki. 

The Finns dont have a great lineup. they have a solid keeper and striker, i would think the combination of Fortunis and Pelkas should break them down. I would like to see Peklas in a more central role and play fetfa out wide, but Skibbe is incapable of having inteligent tactics in place, we will wait and seek. the ethniki need a win here

Guys lets be realistic Skibbe will not play what we are all hoping for.... This guy will play a line up that gets 1-2 shots on target the entire game and will definitely play guys out of their natural position..  I highly doubt he plays Fetfa tomorrow and I'm pretty sure you will see Baka on the wing again.  Tziolis will start at mid with Zeca and I have a feeling Tzavelas might even start. Even though we beat Hungary and the win is the most important thing I do not see us improving as a team with every game and that has to do a lot with Skibbe players and where he chooses to play guys. I would 100% start Laz and Fetfa tomorrow on the wings. If Toro is fit I would start him and then sub him off later for Bakakis.  I don't thin k we will be surprised if we are scratching our heads looking at his starting 11 tomorrow..

• Like it 1

Skibbe gave an interview before the game:

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/kanerva-knowledgeable-on-greece-skibbe-aiming-for-at-least-a-point

A particularly interesting snippet: "I never said that we’ll play in a defensive manner. In Tampere, we will try to push higher up the field, press the opponents and have a good balance." That means we will struggle again to play some "balanced" attacking football. Lets hope the Finns will open up a little. They will practically win the group if theyll win. Maybe they are inclined to play a little more aggressive before their fans at home (it would be silly for them ofc). Can you imagine that the first half of our win against Hungary will be repeated in Helsinki? We will try to push but wont get as much as two or three shots on goal while our adversaries will develop their counterattacks? (Remember in the first half our attacks wernt more threatening than Hungarian attempts at counterattacking!)

Edited by La Mendel

get prepared for a boring ass game with no pressure by the Greeks.. Skibbe is going to play not to lose which is a horrible mentality to have. He will play for the draw so that way he keeps his job and takes his chances in the final two games in Athens... he will NOT have his guys press forward and push the pace and he will allow the Finns to control the ball majority of the time.. They need to go out and think they are better then the Finns and chase the win...

Not losing is actually an option to be honest.

However, if the hunns win Estonia  and we drawthey re back at the game with:
10 Finn

7 Gree

6 Hunn

Winning makes it 9/9/6 and us above the Finns coz we won them (in uefa first tiebreaker is between matches).

Which means that even if we draw Finland at home we stay on top and all we have to do is win poor man's Estonia at home.

Winning tonight makes us first at the most possible and realistic scenario. This is why, if we win tonight I will legit post a pic of mine with a facebook filter.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

42 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Not losing is actually an option to be honest.

However, if the hunns win Estonia  and we drawthey re back at the game with:
10 Finn

7 Gree

6 Hunn

Winning makes it 9/9/6 and us above the Finns coz we won them (in uefa first tiebreaker is between matches).

Which means that even if we draw Finland at home we stay on top and all we have to do is win poor man's Estonia at home.

Winning tonight makes us first at the most possible and realistic scenario. This is why, if we win tonight I will legit post a pic of mine with a facebook filter.

facebook has filters now? thought that was just instagram

I think this is a must win if we want to control our own destiny. FInland has a +3 GD and I dont see us beating anyone by more than one goal at the moment. FOr once it would be great for this team to control their own destiny and not need a result on the last day. On paper, Greece has a team that should not even remotely be struggling against Finland or Hungary. Although we really have nothing in midfield, at least playing someone with pace on the wings (no Tsavellas) gives Finland something to think about. 

• Like it 2

43 minutes ago, tkarachr606 said:

I think this is a must win if we want to control our own destiny. FInland has a +3 GD and I dont see us beating anyone by more than one goal at the moment. FOr once it would be great for this team to control their own destiny and not need a result on the last day. On paper, Greece has a team that should not even remotely be struggling against Finland or Hungary. Although we really have nothing in midfield, at least playing someone with pace on the wings (no Tsavellas) gives Finland something to think about. 

Greece should be easily taking care of teams like Finland and Hungary. They're not France or Belgium. Our quality is much greater and we should only be looking at achieving wins. 

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic