Phantis Forums

Nations League - Game #4 - Finland V. Greece (Tampere Stadion, Tampere) - October 15, 2018

La Mendel

3 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Pelkas should have played that ball back to Fortounis who was in a great position but instead Pelkas shoots totally of balance and misses the net. The expression on Fortounis face said it all. 

fortounis is a class above pelkas. 

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

See I knew it was a win win situation....I only hope they find a serious replacement for Skibbe quickly because the state of things on the NT is ridiculous. Someone with balls is needed....that's the most important criteria imo.

Btw if everyone on the NT reacted the way Fortounis did every time a greek player made a boneheaded play (and there have been oh so many) the team would look like a bunch of toddlers having temper tantrums....not professional footballers. Just goes to show the lack of leadership and discipline on the squad.

not the first time he got pissed with pelkas visibly in game. those two have a negative chemistry.

• Like it 1

we're not playing our best line up injuries/poor selections combined we play like only 5 of our true starters

mitroglou, fortounis, manolas, sokratis are undeniable 

our true best line up is probably

mitroglou

donis fortounis  fetfa

zeca mantalos

holebas sok(c) man bakakis

vlacho

subs

toro

karelis

lazaros c

reserves

kpaps

retsos

kourbelis

barkas

7 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Pelkas should have played that ball back to Fortounis who was in a great position but instead Pelkas shoots totally of balance and misses the net. The expression on Fortounis face said it all. 

Fortounis did the same thing to Pelkas in a previous game. Payback is a bitch. That's why the NT will not go anywhere. 

No more PAOK players on the national team!  

7 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Couldn’t believe that moment... only on the Ethniki do you see that

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Fortounis did the same thing to Pelkas in a previous game. Payback is a bitch. That's why the NT will not go anywhere. 

No more PAOK players on the national team!  

I don't think it was done on purpose. Pelkas though he was in a good position to score but didn't. He has scored like that though. The one against Estonia Fortounis had no option but to shoot. He shouldn't of risked playing Pelkas because he Pelkas was a bit too behind. Out of both decisions Pelkas was worse. 

Edited by Dean97

1 hour ago, Chris Tsamados said:

Our only saving grace from this hole debacle, is that we do still have a chance of qualifying for the Euro's. So best to just sack Skibbe and move on. Maybe its a blessing in disguise. 

That's the bright spot but looks like we will have a difficult group to navigate through. Get Rid of Skibbe already don't let him stay on for the last 2 Games we need results to not drop in the rankings. 

If they’re going to fire Skibbe then they better find his replacement quick as we need whonever the new coach is to get at least 2 competitive games under his belt so he can see what he has to work with before the Euros start.. DO NOT let Skibbe finish the Nations League cut ties with that clown right now..

@J1078 exactly!

New report has come out today The the EPO Vice President is very frustrated with President Grammenos, imo the worst EPO President EVER! Grammenos does not know what to do with Skibbe... 

As much as we hate Skibbe, Evangelos Grammenos is the real catalyst to the s%$#! we have had to put up with

• Like it 1

Grammenos did not hire Skibbe. The previous clowns did. The mistake the new EPO did was that they listened to ROGON that forced them to renew Skibbe's contract.

Let's face it the new coach will be someone that will obey ROGON's wishes.

@Dean97 I agree if the new coach in his first game calls up Tzavellas and Tziolis I may be done as well...  I'm also hearing the Skibbe might be given the chance to finish the last 2 games which is a big mistake.. I personally prefer a foreign coach but maybe a Greek coach will be an easier transition especially if he is familiar with the our players since we are so close to the Euros..  Realistically they need to find someone within the next week in order for the new coach to be able to be with the team for the last 2 games.. 

• Like it 1

Don’t get these low budget m*****es... why have we gotten so F***en cheap all of a sudden? We have not qualified for major tournaments like we did from 2004-2014 and we are not resigning hopeless F***s like Skibbe and approaching 20 years since we did the miracle of 04 we are now looking at a cheap budget coach to coach the national team who is total crap right now...

For all our history and achievements as a country we are utterly useless losers when it comes to football

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

@Dean97 I agree if the new coach in his first game calls up Tzavellas and Tziolis I may be done as well...  I'm also hearing the Skibbe might be given the chance to finish the last 2 games which is a big mistake.. I personally prefer a foreign coach but maybe a Greek coach will be an easier transition especially if he is familiar with the our players since we are so close to the Euros..  Realistically they need to find someone within the next week in order for the new coach to be able to be with the team for the last 2 games.. 

The EPO should a appoint a new long term coach now and use the last two matches as experimental games to see who he has got to work with and discover our best players possible.Then he should be ready for the Euro qualifications. That's how I'd do it. I'm so tired of the wrong players being picked. This is my big issue with the national team for a long time. 

• Like it 1

Evaggelos Gramenos and his board tend to see alot of potential in Kostas Tsanas to take us to greater heights until 2024. Tzioli would of amassed a wopping 200 games for the Ethniki.  Tzav would have 160 games.

Skibbe and Tsanas must go. If you guys remember correctly Tsanas was canned a few months ago only to be brought back again. Why? What has he done? I'm sure he helped Skibbe with player selection and was the one always pushing for Tziolis and Tazavellas. We need a clean slate. New coach and let him bring in his assistants. Be nice if they cleaned house at EPO at the same time.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic