Phantis Forums

Nations League - Game #4 - Finland V. Greece (Tampere Stadion, Tampere) - October 15, 2018

La Mendel

6 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Skibbe is at fault for selecting them. He hasn't learnt anything and is afraid to play Fetfatzidis. Siovas should have been called up but Tzavellas plays instead. Mind boggling stuff. 

I couldn't believe it when I heard the commentator say Tzavellas was coming on for the start of the 2nd half and then Finland score a minute in on his bad header and Manolas couldn't clear the ball. Siovas should be a no brainer. I am so angry with this bs.

Basically if i understand we need to beat finland 3-0 in greece and also beat estonia

and they have to lose their remaining match against hungary

Would this be correct ?

Because we need to score do any of you guys think Fetfatzidis should start.

I still think that Fetfatzidis and also Sotiris ninis are more talented offensively

than many players we have in greece at the moment

Edited by nasl
  • Like it 1

2 hours ago, Makynia said:

This should be our list of players moving forward.

Vlahodimos, Barkas, Pashalakis

Bakakis, Torosidis, Manolas, Sokratis, Retsos, Siovas, Stafylidis, Holebas

Galanapoulos, Kourbelis, Zeca, Mantalos, Pelkas, Fortounis, Fetfatzidis

Lazaros, Donis, Klonaridis, Karelis and Mitroglou

That's it!!!!

yup pretty much perfect 23 man squad. obviously if some players find their form like Karnezis, Samaris, Kpaps, Ninis though I'd put them in too

Good thing Tziolara played or we would of lost 3-0!

Manolas was partly responsible for the first goal, deflecting a silly Tzavellas header gone wrong to the opposition;

Pelkas HAD to put Fortounis away with a through ball, but he took an unrealistic long range shot and it went wide;

Bakasetas is NOT able to cut through with serious pace, as Lazaros showed from the 55 min mark;

Tzioli$ was a calming influence in the first half then faded and was ineffective as was Bakakis.

Skibbe cannot inspire this team so a new manager is needed from now. The idiots that didn't choose Bielsa need to pick my blackheads!

Edited by ausgreek

Realistically we only have 3 good players in this current team. They are Fortounis, Sokratis, Manolas and also soon to be Vlachodimos. You add Fetfatzidis and Holebas and we are getting somewhere. Mitroglou has more negatives than positives and the rest are either complete garbage or average at best. 

3 hours ago, nasl said:

Basically if i understand we need to beat finland 3-0 in greece and also beat estonia

and they have to lose their remaining match against hungary

Would this be correct ?

Because we need to score do any of you guys think Fetfatzidis should start.

I still think that Fetfatzidis and also Sotiris ninis are more talented offensively

than many players we have in greece at the moment

Also did someone mention Ninis? ??

Apparently we are never to speak of that name here. It's forbidden according to some people ?

Finally someone on here who has the same view as me about him even though it seems like he has left the earth. 

Edited by Dean97

Lmao after all this s%$#! you think some inactive 27 year old journeyman who last played in Israeli relegation sides and even then was kicked out of the squad, should be in a team that aims to be a regular participant in Euros and WCs.

Perhaps in an alternative universe.

After missing the first place thanks to Epo who renewed the contract of a bad coach, the players like Tzavellas and co who did anything they could in order for the coach to stay and of course the coach himself, we also miss our greatest opportunity to qualify for the tournament. Bye bye Euros.

We already are living in an alternative universe because Tziolis and Tzavellas are still playing in this team and Bakasetas is being chosen over Fetfatzidis. Who in their right mind would do such things? Money has truly sabotaged this team for the worse. It's either that or Skibbe is a complete moron. He should be sacked no questions asked. So should the EPO for keeping him on for this long.

15 hours ago, Makynia said:

Yeah that or fire all of the corrupt losers in EPO and hire people who know soccer and care about the team and not their pockets

Those idiots need an overhaul, run by old thitsi former lawyers that know nothing about football 

I have to agree with a few guys on here the Euros is almost impossible for us... We can’t  make it out of a Group with these 4 pathetic teams there is no way we can come in 2nd in our group who will consist of 3 much stronger teams.. Even a new coach will not turn this team around.. We are missing heart and grit and until we find a passionate player like Kara in the midfield there is no way we are advancing and turning this team around.. Skibbe made the absolute worst call up and in game subs. He also had no game plan and couldn’t  asjust in game when things didn’t go well... Having Tziolis and Tzavellas playing is the most ridiculous thing he has done... Also have Bakasetas as His go to guy when Donis was injured is laughable.. Bottom line the others are absolutely right we have reached the dark ages and now with our FIFA ranking it will be impossible to be moving up the rankings as we will always face some time of world class team in our group..We were fortunate after 2004 to draw easier groups due to our position but now we are completely F..ked. I lost al hope with this team.. if Skibbe is not fired by the end of the week I will be shocked.. We need a new coach to give us some hope and hopefully have Holebas back for the Euros and finally get rid of the Tziolis and Tzavellas for good.

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Good thing Tziolara played or we would of lost 3-0!

Manolas was partly responsible for the first goal, deflecting a silly Tzavellas header gone wrong to the opposition;

Pelkas HAD to put Fortounis away with a through ball, but he took an unrealistic long range shot and it went wide;

Bakasetas is NOT able to cut through with serious pace, as Lazaros showed from the 55 min mark;

Tzioli$ was a calming influence in the first half then faded and was ineffective as was Bakakis.

Skibbe cannot inspire this team so a new manager is needed from now. The idiots that didn't choose Bielsa need to pick my blackheads!

Pelkas should have played that ball back to Fortounis who was in a great position but instead Pelkas shoots totally of balance and misses the net. The expression on Fortounis face said it all. 

• Like it 1

18 minutes ago, AchillesHeel said:

See I knew it was a win win situation....I only hope they find a serious replacement for Skibbe quickly because the state of things on the NT is ridiculous. Someone with balls is needed....that's the most important criteria imo.

Btw if everyone on the NT reacted the way Fortounis did every time a greek player made a boneheaded play (and there have been oh so many) the team would look like a bunch of toddlers having temper tantrums....not professional footballers. Just goes to show the lack of leadership and discipline on the squad.

I don't like to see that display of frustration,  but to Fortounis defence it was really one of our rare build up of play with good ball movement and purpose and the ball had to be played back to Fortounis he was the best option. Just like in the Estonia game Fortounis when he was in with the goalie he should have squared the ball to pelkas for a open net tap in. It's just a mounting of nerves for most these players. At least it shows they want the team to succeed unlike what I see from the likes of Tzavellas, Bakasetas, and a few other players. 

I am not ready to suggest that Tsavellas and Tsiolis dont care about the team but instead are just past their expiration dates. This team isnt world beaters but could be a solid team that can get a result. However, the margin of error with lack of depth and poor coaching/selections is all it takes to make them a laughing stock. 

• Like it 3

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic