Phantis Forums

Nations League - Game #4 - Finland V. Greece (Tampere Stadion, Tampere) - October 15, 2018

La Mendel

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

Koulouris set to come on..

Skibbe should be sacked ONLY because of frequently using Koulouris. Dammit, Karelis was even on the bench. This guy (Koulouris) isnt ripe for the Ethniki, possibly he never will be. Skibbe has tried to use Rehhagels blueprint (Otto literally gave him some advice years ago) and has thus opted for the "closed club", an idea of Ottos, that means he selected 16-17 players as a core who would be always called up (except theyd be injured, suspended etc. etc.) and the extra 7-8 spots would be given to in-form players. This was the idea. But Rehhagel was a genius. Skibbe, however, selected quite the wrong guys as members of the closed club. He dropped Siovas off, he chose Bakasetas (an average CAM and not a born fighter, to put it mildly), Tzavellas, Tziolis (how can somebody choose him instead of Maniatis? the latter has at least a proper club, not to mention his pace and work rate, while Tziolis plays for a holiday Saudi team), Kolovetsios (only as a squad member), Oikonomou, Vellios, Diamantakos, and recently has chosen Bouchalakis, Kourbelis, and worst of all, Koulouris. Inexperienced young pussies, glittering mediocre players who cannot really hustle (Bakasetas Mantalos Pelkas, Im looking at you), even something in the line of Avraam Aravidis Maniatis Zaradoukas (who are in all probability past it) would have been more difficult to beat.

• Like it 2

best 

sokratis 9/10  (not unfathomable that they wouldn't score if he stayed on all game. we lost our spirit / organization after he went off and manolas became a lesser player in his absence. a true captain.)

barkas 7.5/10 (he made lots of nice saves but he can't save everything)

lazaros 7/10 (actually took on defenders, won free kicks, and was a threat)

worst

pelkas 3/10 (scoffed up build up plays, skied shots when mitroglou was free too shoot, not good on the wing he was okay some games but past 2 games I give up on him as a winger, he had a really bad game, at least has tenacity and chases down oppositions and high presses tho)\

bakasetas 2/10 (invisible and slows down buildup play)

tziolis 5/10 (he wasn't as bad as people say and I think he's become more of an escape goat, he was very good first half too and saved our butts a few times but who knows if a better player could have done something much more productive in his spot)

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

la mendel I agree with all you said aside from pelkas not hustling. he hustles and is an engine. he has bad decision making for NT in final third. he seems to assist prijovic a lot but he's not doing the same for mitro. two times mitro seemed open and he chose to take inaccurate shots. seeming more concerned opening his NT scoring bank account than actually winning the game. I remember again when we tied croatia the last game where he skies the shot as everyone sings the national anthem. 3 times he did it now.

I admit I was wrong bout pelkas cutting it as a winger.

donis/lazaros/fetfa it is

and if gianniotas/manthatis get form they should too

Edited by georgelaz

2 hours ago, gsots said:

We need to start flooding the national teams Instagram, Twitter and fb with "fire skibbe!". I'm not kidding! If u don't have those accounts, make them and let's do this. He needs to go now. This is worse than Ranieri. We had no left side, tsimikas was by himself all game. Tsiolis kept f'ing up and kept passing the ball back even when he had guys going forwards. 

Tzavellas, tsiolis and skibbe have ruined this team

Nothing can be worse than Ranieri. I agree with you though in all but this.

• Like it 1

14 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

la mendel I agree with all you said aside from pelkas not hustling. he hustles and is an engine. he has bad decision making for NT in final third. he seems to assist prijovic a lot but he's not doing the same for mitro. two times mitro seemed open and he chose to take inaccurate shots. seeming more concerned opening his NT scoring bank account than actually winning the game. I remember again when we tied croatia the last game where he skies the shot as everyone sings the national anthem. 3 times he did it now.

I admit I was wrong bout pelkas cutting it as a winger.

donis/lazaros/fetfa it is

and if gianniotas/manthatis get form they should too

On second thought, you are right. I was too strict on Pelkas. More engine-like players in the Ethniki! Gone are the good old days with Karagounis, Katsouranis and Salpingidis. Even the tenacity of an Avraam or Maniatis would be great now. Some of these new blokes are so listless spineless etc. etc. as if they wouldnt give a F*** for the NT and the fans.

Edited by La Mendel

How is starting Tzolis and bringing in Tzavellas acceptable?? How the hell do you not learn from your mistakes?? You had Bakasetas who is s%$#! and Pelkas on the wing at HOME against Hungary and it didn’t work so instead as of learning from your  mistake you ass clown Skibbe you went with the same line up expecting to get a result?? Is this guy for real?? This is the same guy that was starting Tzavellas over Holebas what more needs to be said.. Even if a new coach comes in there is not enough time to reshape this team for the Euros in a much more difficult group.. sad to see but we are missing our 3rd straight tournament.. 

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 3

I always supported Skibbe. Until the Saudi Arabia game. Even after our win in Tallinn, I thought he could perhaps manage it and make us qualify for the 24-teams new Euro. But its clear we must get rid of him, the sooner the better. Unfortunately, those who have always doubted have been right all along.

• Like it 1

16 minutes ago, nick said:

I know the chances are slim to none, but if we beat Finland and Estonia, and Finland lose both games we would both be on 12 pts. If we had better goal difference then why wouldn’t we be 1st?

The way we are playing we have no hope. I have done to a point now where I've nearly lost hope for this team. Skibbe has made look like a laughing stock. We can't take him serious. I certainly can't. He should be out. Tziolis, Bakasetas and Tzavellas costed us this game. Yes Manolas stuffed up but of Sokratis was there it wouldn't of happened in the first place. I just want a new coach and a fresh start with players who are talented and make sense. 

• Like it 3

Skibbe should have been fired for drawing to Estonia at home during the previous WC qualifying for how he approached the game. Not once has the team looked to impose themselves. After years of Skibbe being in charge they still lack anything resembling an identity besides playing old, slow and over the hill players. 

• Like it 1

I think a lot of you are over estimating this team. Besides 3 maybe 4 guys the rest shouldn’t even be in a Sunday beer league. They suck. Not to say coaching isn’t responsible, but there’s only so much you can get from s%$#!. 

Full of excuses! You sir drag Greece down to the lowest level on any international competition. Greece should be playing in League D with such BS performance. Greek fans deserve better! At least in Greece our track and field athletes brought us more joy than this hot garbage! 

• Like it 7

3 hours ago, La Mendel said:

Nothing can be worse than Ranieri. I agree with you though in all but this.

That's true lol he was a disaster. But this guy's a very close 2nd place. That press conference he did after the game today was such a joke as well. They needed to hammer him about the wing play. He's gotta be gone after today's. There's no way they let him keep going. He's sitting there congratulating a team that we should have wiped the floor with. 

We have very talented players in the pool, he just chooses not to scout them. It's obvious that he just picks based on minutes guys are playing, not based on if they're actually producing in their mins for club. 

You could see how frustrated mitro and fortou were cause they kept coming back to get the ball. And that's not good either cause then no one is up where they're supposed to be so they have no one going forward. 

Tsiolis couldn't even handle the ball today, he kept trying to do 1 touch passes and they weren't good passes. He's in a position that is supposed to distribute the ball forward and he did anything but that. 

Pelkas was fine, he's not a winger so he did exactly how'd I'd expect him to do playing out of position. He did have his head down a couple times when he needed to be looking up, but that was about it. He ran hard, but he's just not fast enough to be on the wing. 

This could be a blessing in disguise. Fire the coach, replace him with someone capable, bring back Holebas!, call up Vlahodimos and Klonaridis and STOP with Tziolis and Tzavellas. I never want to see these two near the NT again. Start calling up Galanopoulos and we'll be fine in Euro qualifying.

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Makynia said:

This could be a blessing in disguise. Fire the coach, replace him with someone capable, bring back Holebas!, call up Vlahodimos and Klonaridis and STOP with Tziolis and Tzavellas. I never want to see these two near the NT again. Start calling up Galanopoulos and we'll be fine in Euro qualifying.

I hope so, the EPO said that Skibbe had to get 2 wins in these two games or else he would be out. Let's see if they follow through and fire him. 

This should be our list of players moving forward.

Vlahodimos, Barkas, Pashalakis

Bakakis, Torosidis, Manolas, Sokratis, Retsos, Siovas, Stafylidis, Holebas

Galanapoulos, Kourbelis, Zeca, Mantalos, Pelkas, Fortounis, Fetfatzidis

Lazaros, Donis, Klonaridis, Karelis and Mitroglou

That's it!!!!

Edited by Makynia
  • Like it 3

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic