Phantis Forums

Nations League - Game #4 - Finland V. Greece (Tampere Stadion, Tampere) - October 15, 2018

La Mendel

Finland 2-0 Greece    FT

A hockey country that has never qualified for a major tournament, and we can't beat them. Ever. Maybe let Skibbe finish out the last two games, but after that, get him out of here!

Think about this for a second... In this group we are already eliminated with 2 games still left to be played.. After 4 games we are OUT... Please let that sink in and that should show us all the disastrous state we are in.. We are going to get MASHED in the euro qualifiers.. 

The worst part is that they were better than us individually and as a team, and tactically, and mentally. Skibbe is bad and many of our players are bad. This team has no idea how to play together which really exposes the players' flaws and creates more unforced errors in these last two matches than I have ever seen with any team in any league. They get beat to the ball and really have no answer to subpar opposition with players from unknown leagues. 

• Like it 3

I'm sorry but last two matches are Skibbe's brain dead selections and lineups. Continuously playing players out of position and not using any natural wingers when we have a plethora of them sitting on the fu**en bench!!! Ena m@l@kistiri!!!

Maybe he can get a job coaching in Saudi Arabia and take Tzavellas and Tziolis with him so they can toss his salad!!!

Edited by Makynia
  • Like it 1
  • Haha 1

sokratis injury killed us. tzavellas is a liability at cb

bakasetas, pelkas on the wing, tziolis are a waste of space

fetfa, lez, bouchalakis would've been way better

we had no pace to take advantage of breaks

we had chances but couldn't hit the target at all. tziolis wasn't that bad imo but an in form samaris is way better.

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Makynia said:

I'm sorry but last two matches are Skibbe's brain dead selections and lineups. Continuously playing players out of position and not using any natural wingers when we have a plethora of them sitting on the fu**en bench!!! Enas m@l@k@s!!!!

Maybe he can get a job coaching in Saudi Arabia and take Tzavellas and Tziolis with him so they can toss his salad!!!

yeah the no natural wingers is our biggest problem. to be fair donis out was a huge blow. fetfa starting for oly now so no reason not to start. tsimikas is starting no reason not to do fetfa. bakasetas invisible out there. pelkas just does not jive with mitro/fortounis at all or on the wing. pelkas had mitro open for two chances and he just blasts the ball over the net.

8 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

Finland 2-0 Greece    FT

A hockey country that has never qualified for a major tournament, and we can't beat them. Ever. Maybe let Skibbe finish out the last two games, but after that, get him out of here!

Ya exactly there just a step up from Canada.. What a disgraceful Performance!!  I'm fuming.. 

This Nations league tournament and outcome looks very similar to our last Euro campaign when we finished last.. A lot of similarities.. I feel bad for Manolas and Socratis who have to go through the torture of playing for this team..

• Like it 2

2 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

wow 3-3 final hungary and estonia

we're basically out right? 1st place we'd have to beat finland and finland to lose twice more

Don't even try to do the math its over... Finland would need to lose to Hungary and we would have to beat them by 2 or more goals ayt home.. Its DONE don't waste your time even thinking of the possibilities because their is non..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1
  • Sad 1

We need to start flooding the national teams Instagram, Twitter and fb with "fire skibbe!". I'm not kidding! If u don't have those accounts, make them and let's do this. He needs to go now. This is worse than Ranieri. We had no left side, tsimikas was by himself all game. Tsiolis kept f'ing up and kept passing the ball back even when he had guys going forwards. 

Tzavellas, tsiolis and skibbe have ruined this team

• Like it 1

Just now, Makynia said:

Hire Mourinho!!!

would be good I think. we'd probably be frustrated by the style though he's very defensive minded. 

it showed how keeping siovas out of squad eventually hurt us when we wore thin. it was kinda flukey though that sokratis, retsos, and kpaps were ALL injured lol

• Like it 1

This team is just complete rubbish, don’t even tell me Manolas or Sokratis are good defenders. Did you see Manolas’ clearance in the box that lead to the first goal? Whenever we got possession we would always turn around and pass it back to Barkas in goals. And our players show no passion or determination in front of goal. We struggling to score goals against these type of teams, imagine when we come up against France or Belgium. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic