Phantis Forums

Nations League - Game #3 - Hungary v. Greece (Olympic Stadium, Athens) - October 12, 2018

Argy

We are a week away from our crucial second match with Hungary. We need all three points here after a sour loss in Budapest.

Greece squad:

Karnezis, Barkas, Paschalakis, Torosidis, Bakakis, Sokratis, Manolas, Tzabellas, Oikonomou, Kolovetsios, Giannoulis, Tsimikas, Zeca, Tziolis, Mantalos, Fortounis, Pelkas, Kourbelis, Bouchalakis, Bakasetas, Lazaros, Mitroglou, Karelis, Koulouris.

• Argy changed the title to Nations League - Game #3 - Hungary v. Greece (Olympic Stadium, Athens) - October 12, 2018
10 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

I know right? Here in America the home team is posted on the right side. 

What's the standard? I know that often its home team on the right like saying Hungary in Greece in many countries. Just read, however, that the associated press is instructed to list the home team first for international contests, so I will update the title. 

EDIT: I am unable to change the title, so mod feel free. 

If Torosidis is out we are in sort of a trouble because Lykogiannis, Stafylidis and Retsos are also out. This means we'll get to see Tzavellas in the line up unless Skibbe wakes up and starts Tsimikas.

Mantalos out is not a big problem, Lazaros and Pelkas will start on the wings hopefully.

Btw what's the story behind Klonaridis and he doesn't get a call up? Has he chosen Belgium or what?

10 hours ago, Boxou said:

Btw what's the story behind Klonaridis and he doesn't get a call up? Has he chosen Belgium or what?

That's what I'm waiting to find out as well. Does anyone know or have a link about Klonaridis and the Ethniki?

bit lazy to check up but some people were saying that his intension was to play with belgium.

mpakasetas has been in a good form lately but he's rather useless in this team. i don't remember him ever being relevant once, although many times he played in different positions like CF or winger.

Lol Klonaridis will never make Belgium. From afar I recall he has his papers ready for Greece but has never been called up. 

With our Striker issues, I’d be calling him up, he can score in UCL he would be useful for Greece and much faster than Mitro. He can offer more than Koulouris that’s for sure 

• Like it 1

11 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Lol Klonaridis will never make Belgium. From afar I recall he has his papers ready for Greece but has never been called up. 

With our Striker issues, I’d be calling him up, he can score in UCL he would be useful for Greece and much faster than Mitro. He can offer more than Koulouris that’s for sure 

I agree. 

On 10/8/2018 at 1:36 AM, Alphonse said:

Yes he has an eye for goal. He would be useful for the NT. He wouldn't crack the Belgians lineup not with the attacking players they have at there disposal. 

Very happy Fetfatzidis made the team, but I am afraid the only chance we see him as a sub is if we are desperate for a goal late in the game, and that's not a position I want to be in. 

• Like it 1

wouldn't mind up top

mitroglou

pelkas fortounis fetfa

pelkas personally looks good to me on the wing. he's pacey, good crosser, his first touch has improved tremendously and he's had some of his best games playing LM for PAOK eg) cup semi final wing he was LM and was MOTM

probably kourbelis and zeca shielding

we're missing staflydis badly and skibbe doesn't have the balls to start tsimikas who I personally prefer over lyko

I'd want 

mitroglou

pelkas fortounis fetfa

zeca     kourbelis

tsimikas sokratis manolas bakakis

vlachodimos

might be a bit too much new blood tho

Edited by georgelaz

According to this,  Skibbe is going to go with 

--------------------------Barkas 
Bakakis----Sokratis----Manolas---Giannouli/Tsimikas
-----------------------Zeca-----Kourbelis
Bakasetas-------Fortounis---------Pelkas
------------------------Mitro

Everything considered i think it's the best line up he can put out. With Mantalos, Lazaro and Donis all out Bakasetas was always going to start, no matter how bad some of you wanted Fetfa

• Like it 1

It’s the line up I expected. Bakakis will need to have a huge game for the right hand side to have impact as Bakasetas, even for AEK has only been effective centrally and he does not have the speed like Pelkas does.

Edited by Alphonse

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic