Phantis Forums

Cup–GS-R1: PAOK - Aris (26-Sep-18, 19:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Πολύ κακό παιχνίδι από τον ΠΑΟΚ με πολλά λάθη στην ανάπτυξη του παιχνιδιού. 

Τελικα οι αλλόθρησκοι μάλλον έχουν δίκιο για τον Χατσεριδη..

Ποιος Κιτσιου ρε παιδιά;

Khacheridi supposedly played injured for most of the game after hitting his head. Most likely a concussion.

Kitsiou pretty much confirmed that he has no business being on this team. 

It was also evident that we missed Mauricio today. He does lot of dirty work in midfield.

I would like Pelkas to sit out few games so he can get his focus back.

Τελικά η διαχείριση του συγκεκριμένου αγώνα εξελίχθηκε σε τραγωδία και αναγκάστηκαν να παίξουν οι Μάτος-Μπίσεσβαρ-Πρίγιοβιτς. Πολύ κρίμα. Άσχημο το χαμένο τετ α τετ του Πέλκα. Έπρεπε να το τελειώσει το παιχνίδι εκεί. Για τον Κίτσιου τι να πούμε; Νομίζω ότι μετά από αυτά θα έχει ψυχολογικά για κανένα χρόνο και δεν θα μπορέσουμε να τον χρησιμοποιήσουμε ούτε στα επόμενα ματς Κυπέλλου.

Biseswar has more football brains than nearly the whole team put together.  If he was a little faster and fitter he’d be playing in stronger leagues.  The guy can judge naturally and with little effort, whether to pass, hold the ball, for how long etc.  If he had a motor as well he’d destroy the league.  As it is, having a guy like that on the bench, can’t ask for more.

Only saw highlights, but Aris looked pretty damn good.  Could’ve even put us away.  They had two very good chances to score again.  In the context of the league being more competitive, and the general level of the GSL improving, this is a good thing.  Congratulations to the Aris boys on the forum and go easy on our Yiankos.  We love him.

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Only saw highlights, but Aris looked pretty damn good.  Could’ve even put us away.  They had two very good chances to score again.  In the context of the league being more competitive, and the general level of the GSL improving, this is a good thing.  Congratulations to the Aris boys on the forum and go easy on our Yiankos.  We love him.

Thank you, dude! You were always a gentleman!

PS. We also love Yiankos! ?

Edited by Emperor

Probably tthe worst performance so far but hardly surprising given the fact we have had Chelsea, AEK and the far more important game of Olympiacos on Sunday.  

Aris were very well drilled and were quick on the counter but even after the sending off I thought we would go on to win.  

I also agree that Biseswar is a class above but think the energy and commitment of Pelkas is needed in the middle, certainly against the better teams. I would have biseswar starting at every opportunity though whether through the middle or out wide.. I love the guy! 

A disapointing result and performance but I would much rather we save ourselves for the big one on Sunday. 

Pelkas is a better player than Biseswar, simply has more skill overall. But what Biseswar does well, he does VERY well. Happy both players are there. Good thing we can play both (hint, hint Lucescu)

Also -  I was sure we would win even after going down to 10 men, too...whoops

On 9/27/2018 at 8:36 AM, Bananas said:

Thank you Bananas, but don't worry, I have a special relationship with the fans of the bigger team in Northern Greece.

For the level of GSL improving, I have to admit it's not going anywhere yet. This game was a horrible one. The level would be equivalent to a mid-table match in Serie B or Segunda Division.

Even in the bigger leagues, there's 3 or 4 power house teams, 3-4 strong mid table teams and then the rest.  Expecting the QUALITY of the Greek league to match that of Spain and Germany is silly, BUT expecting the level of competition within the league To become more level isn't.  Having PAOK, Olympiakos, AEK, Aris, PAO being equally storng teams along with teams like Asteras, Atromitos, PAS, LArissa and XAnthi being a step below but strong in their own right, and then whatever 3-4 other teams are left fighting against relegation would be GREAT for the league.  

• Like it 1

The problem is not the lack of quality teams. The problem is the fairness in the results of the games. They are not necessarily decided on the pitch. If there was fair and healthy competition, the quality would gradually improve. The problem is that we are not going to have fair competition in the near or far future in Greece. 

Το μεγαλύτερο πρόβλημα είναι οι ακαδημίες. Δεν βγάζουμε παίκτες. Δεν υπάρχουν υποδομές. Γήπεδα χωράφια. Προπονητές άσχετοι. Προπονητικά κέντρα τραγικά. Στην Ευρώπη υπάρχουν πολλές ομάδες που δεν είναι τίποτα το ιδιαίτερο αλλά οι περισσότερες έχουν σοβαρές υποδομές.

Και το άλλο πρόβλημα φυσικά είναι τα λεφτά. Δεν υπάρχουν επενδυτές στην Ελλάδα. Ακόμα και αυτοί που έχουν λεφτά (Αλαφούζος, Μελισσανίδης) δεν βάζουν λεφτά στις ομάδες τους.

No one is expecting our teams to reach the level of Chelsea, Bayern, Juventus, and the rest. But once upon a time we used to have a good competition within the league and Greek players with talent that became very good players. Every big team had some excellent Greeks in the squad. Right now the few that are decent players play abroad (Mitroglou, Sokratis, Manolas) and the rest are more concerned on how to dive (Mantalos or even Fortounis who has incredible potential), or struggle to get playing time like Stafylidis.

I seriously think social media and lifestyle destroyed this generation. We Greeks always were stupid, smoking, drinking, and whatnot, but at least the past decades we had players with incredible careers. Now, we have players who either become retirees in their 20s like Klaus or Ninis or never reached their potential like Vellios, Tachtsidis, Katidis etc and "talents" like Bakasetas, Bakakis, Gianniotas etc who it's a shame that they are considered currently the BEST GREEK FOOTBALLERS.

Why blame it on social media? It's not like the other, more successful countries don't have access to it as well. Greeks don't even register on the chart of most internet-savvy and trendy peoples, frankly. To me, the problem is much more fundamental, and likely linked to the cause of all the other problems that country has.

It’s not social media per se but rather the abundance of entertainment options.  You know what there was to do at home in the 80’s ?  Not much!  So we went for a kick EVERY day.  There were time we didn’t have a ball we’d play with a tennis ball or whatever we had.  Staying home was pretty boring so we were out all the time.  The arcades were MAD also by the way.

Have you guys seen the academy of Benfica ?  That is how you make players.  If we don’t start doing the same we will fall further and further behind.  The days of “finding” players doesn’t really exist anymore.  The parks and streets are no longer full of kids having a kick.  It is what it is and we have to adapt.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1