Phantis Forums

2018-2019 Greek Cup

Blackhawk

No, I want Tripoli in the final. Owner of Lamia and Melissanidis are close friends, so if that is the semifinal AEK is 100% in the final. AEK will have a much harder time with Tripoli.

There will be a big dilemma by the fans of O A.R.I.S. if the final is between PAOK and either Tripoli/Lamia. Who will they support?  PAOK? So if they finish in 5th place they will get European spot, or will they want Tripoli and/or Lamia to win against their hated rival and lose on Europe?

I wasn't expecting Lamia to go through. Were the cup set in the format that I have proposed many times, we would have far more exciting/shock wins.

Anyway, I will take AEK in the semi final please. I, too, would like to play against Asteras in the final. With a foreign referee I think it would be a nice game.

Away goals only count in ties over two legs

I am assuming @Athens4 suggested single tie rounds with teams being pulled out of a hat and the first team drawn gets home advantage? A draw should equal a return fixture or just extra time and penalties on the night. Away goals would/should not count in those scenarios.

Ρε παιδιά εδώ οι δύο μεγάλες ομάδες της χώρας, ο ΘΡΥΛΟΣ και ο "Ο Α.Ρ.Η.Σ." με σφαγιαστικές διαιτησίες έχουν μείνει εκτός τίτλων και εσείς λέτε για κουραφέξαλα; Οι ομάδες που παίζουν την καλύτερη μπάλα στην Ελλάδα. Εργοτέλης και Λαμία τους σφαγιάσανε. Αίσχος. Ο χαλίφης ο Ιβάν τα κάνει όλα αυτά. Απελάστε τον επιτέλους! Τι θα πει ο Καραπαπάς, ο Θεοδωρίδης, ο Τ.Σ.Α.Λ.Τ.Ι.Δ.Η.Σ. βρε αδερφέ; Ας έρθει έστω ο ukworm να μας πει για το πόσο καθαρό σωματείο είναι ο "Ο Α.Ρ.Η.Σ." και πόσο βρώμικο ο ΠΑΟΚ και ειδικά ο Ιβάν. Μόνο ο Μαρινάκης είναι καλό παιδί!

Double φέτος η ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ ρεεεεεεεεεε!

Όλους τρέλα σας πουλάμε!

Τρίτο Κύπελλο στη σειρά τελευταίος έκανε ο Παναθηναϊκός πίσω το 1993-95!

We've been drawn to play Asteras, first leg at home on either the 3rd or 4th of April. Would be amazing to have AEK for a third straight time in the final and to beat them. Not sure if that's ever happened before where the same 2 teams played off in 3 consecutive finals. 

Will be a tough slog against Asteras it always is, I have a feeling one of the two ties will have an upset. If you believe the kafenio talk AEK v Lamia is a friendly and AEK is already in the final

Edited by paokarag4

25 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

If you believe the kafenio talk AEK v Lamia is a friendly and AEK is already in the final

As Liam Neeson's character says in The Grey: ""F*uck it, I'll do it myself."

Only the first Taken was good pash.

I hope we beat AEK in the final. Last year they wish Lazaros hadn't scored to eliminate Larisa. I hope the same happens this year with Lamia. In the final we have to be strong as last year and have another party against last's year paper champion!

In m y opinion the worst possible draw. My preferred order would have been Lamia, AEK and Tripoli.

AEK is already in the final. We will have a tougher time than them to overcome Tripoli. The good thing might be if we have foreign refs for the semifinal games as Tripoli requested.

Another PAOK - AEK final could end up in a disaster, including point deductions for next season, but it also could be something magical if we beat t hem once again in their own stadium. 

Maybe that's why Theodoridis and Karapapas still believe Olympiakos will win the championship. They hope in a big time point reduction after the cup final.

And yes, worst possible draw. But maybe will keep team awake, too. If we beat them once again will be magical, yes. And AEK is in a terrible condition right now. Let's eliminate Asteras and then we will see how the teams will be at this point. The final will be in two months! Long time...

• 3 weeks later...

Pfff. Vasiliadis wants the Cupfinal to be played for only 25k spectators if AEX and PAOK qualify. Might as well play at the Dimotiko stadio of Farsala with keklismenon thiron in that case.

Edited by Dutch Eagle