Phantis Forums

EL–GS-R1: PAOK - Chelsea FC (20-Sep-18, 19:55 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.7de7d2bb75e005d04e45c1019fd2758a.jpg  VS  Chelsea.jpg.1b72b2528f056930776fefa21bedc994.jpg  

MATCHUP:           PAOK Thessaloniki – Chelsea London FC
COMPETITION:    Europa League – Group Stage- Round 1
DATE:                    20-Septrember-2018
TIME:                     19:55 EEST  (16:55 GMT, 11:55 CDT, 02:55 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (28,703)
REFEREES:            Alberto Undiano Mallenco (Spain) - Raul Cabanero, Inigo Prieto Lopez de Certain (Spain)
TELEVISION:         COSMOTE Sport (Greece), Cytavision Sport 2 (Cyprus), DAZN (Canada), B/R Live, Univision NOW, UNI MAS (USA), Optus Sport (Australia)

PAOK’s History against teams from England in European Competitions

2011-2012:  Tottenham Hotspur – PAOK   1:2 – (Salpiggidis, Athanasiadis) - Att: 26,229 – Europa League (Group Stage, Round 5)
2011-2012:  PAOK – Tottenham Hotspur   0:0 – Att: 24,645 – Europa League (Group Stage, Round 1)

1997-1998:  Arsenal London – PAOK         1:1 – (Vryzas) - Att: 37,982 – UEFA Cup (Round 1, Leg 2)
1997-1998:  PAOK – Arsenal London         1:0 – (Frantzeskos) Att: 33,117 – UEFA Cup (Round 1, Leg 1)

GAMES:  4    WINS:  2    TIES:  2    LOSSES:  0

• Blackhawk changed the title to EL–GS-R1: PAOK - Chelsea London (20-Sep-18, 19:55 EEST)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to EL–GS-R1: PAOK - Chelsea London (20-Sep-18, 19:55 EEST)
On 9/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, pash said:

Prijovic is out 7-10 days, so he definitely misses OFI. Hopefully he will be back for Chelsea; if his past returns are any indication, he'll be ready.

Sounds like he completed most of his training today and may make it in time for this game. Don't say I didn't warn ya!

I agree. I don't want him to come even as a sub. Let him recover fully and give him 90 minutes against AEX.

Against Chelsea doesn't matter who is going to play. It's a game that we just have to enjoy and take anything we can. With or without Hazard, Chelsea is one of the top European teams. Honestly, us playing the best 11 is not going to make any difference to the final. We have the same chances of winning with Pelkas or Biseswar, Canas or Shakhov, Prijovic or Akpom. Rest some of those who need rest for the AEX game and those who will step in against Chelsea they will anyway play the game of their lives.

Pash, It's not being defeatist but rather realistic plus strategic. The AEX game in my opinion is 100 times more important than Chelsea.

Remember we are -2 already and we need to beat AEX to go on top of them in the table. If we lose or draw the gap opens up and slowly slowly the pressure builds to make up the gap.

Yeah it would be great to get a result against Chelsea and for our club to get some international lime light but that's a nice to have. Focus needs to AEX

6 hours ago, SydneyPAOK said:

Pash, It's not being defeatist but rather realistic plus strategic. The AEX game in my opinion is 100 times more important than Chelsea.

Remember we are -2 already and we need to beat AEX to go on top of them in the table. If we lose or draw the gap opens up and slowly slowly the pressure builds to make up the gap.

Yeah it would be great to get a result against Chelsea and for our club to get some international lime light but that's a nice to have. Focus needs to AEX

I'm not sure your grasp of mathematics is strong here

• Like it 1

16 hours ago, Yiankos said:

The game is not being offered at paoktv. Will it be on US television?

B/R Live as pash mentions is probably the best option. If you have a decent cable TV provider than you might have access to Uni MAS, which will also be showing the game.

Uni MAS TV is also available over the air in major cities in the US:

In Miami it is on channel 69 WAMI
In Boston it is on channel 66 WUTF
In Chicago it is on channel  60 WXFT

I can provide additional cities. Just ask.

15 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

B/R Live as pash mentions is probably the best option. If you have a decent cable TV provider than you might have access to Uni MAS, which will also be showing the game.

Uni MAS TV is also available over the air in major cities in the US:

In Miami it is on channel 69 WAMI
In Boston it is on channel 66 WUTF
In Chicago it is on channel  60 WXFT

I can provide additional cities. Just ask.

Melbourne, Austria?

Playing a pair of false nines is....interesting.

You know what this looks like? The old W-M formation of the prewar years.

--Pashalakis--

--Vieirinha--Varela--Hatseridis--Tosca--

--Shakhov--Mauricio--

--Jaba--Pelkas--El Kaddouri--Biseswar--

Pretty attacking lineup, though I'd prefer Vieirinha just sit out with Kitsiou playing there.

Which would also point to the fact that the Prijo injury was fake and that Lucescu is going to use Karelis/Akpom in the rotation against Aris.

My lineup for tomorrow:

-------------- Paschalakis -------------------
Vieirinha - Varela - Crespo - Tosca
Mauricio ---------------- Wernbloom
Jaba -------- Pelkas ----- El Kaddouri
------------------- Prijovic ---------------------

• Blackhawk changed the title to EL–GS-R1: PAOK - Chelsea FC (20-Sep-18, 19:55 EEST)
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic