Phantis Forums

Nations League: Greece vs. Hungary (Groupama Arena, Budapest) - September 11, 2018

Argy

manolas being in there would've been good because we had a lot of header opportunities that he might've buried. I think any sort of knock we gotta sub because nations league isnt considered as high priority to risk injury to big players

I complete embarassment to lose to this Hungarian team with players from second divisions around Europe. this is really a shame a dark day for Greek soccer. It's a step back. We did not lose a meaningful game in the WC wualifying other than a good match vs Belgium. 

Skibbe has to go and so does the pass back as a first option mentality. Sad times for the Greek NT. 

Good match performance bad result. Take it guys. Hungs only dominated the game for 1,5-2 minutes before the 2nd goal. Bad things happen. An away draw would be gold at this moment leaving them with only 1 point and already outside the hunt for first spot.

We need to win them at home and win the Finnish as well. 

1 minute ago, Brklyngrk said:

We had the shots, we had the chances - they didn't fall today.  We played well and dominated at times, just couldn't close.  We play like this, chances are we win 8 out of 10 times.  Both goals we gave up were really good goals.  That's the way it goes sometimes.

yeah I agree with this. I'm very hopeful.we play like this and we'll get the better result most games. played even better than the estonia game,

• Like it 1

How many years do we watch this with a back-pass first mentality and a team that overexploits the wings and hopes for a perfect cross in. This is lazy, impotent football and it has to go before we can make any sort of progress. This team has been stagnant for years and a loss in an empty stadium in Hungary is a complete travesty. 

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, Argy said:

I complete embarassment to lose to this Hungarian team with players from second divisions around Europe. this is really a shame a dark day for Greek soccer. It's a step back. We did not lose a meaningful game in the WC wualifying other than a good match vs Belgium. 

Skibbe has to go and so does the pass back as a first option mentality. Sad times for the Greek NT. 

Stop it already bro. You re tiring.

Skibbe couldn't be in Mitroglou's place and Sokratis' place to put the headers in. 

Mitroglou wasn't on Manolas' place to score his 2nd header.

Skibbe made this team work better than the previous qualifiers offensively. Good passes good katoxi trying to unblock a defence.

2 good chances for the Hunns 2 goals. It happens.

• Like it 2

Skibbe was just itching to take out Donis. Low and behold, Mitroglou barely touched the ball. Problem isn't the striker position, it is the midfield tactics. Have you ever seen a team pass the ball back so much as Greece? 

1 minute ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Stop it already bro. You re tiring.

Skibbe couldn't be in Mitroglou's place and Sokratis' place to put the headers in. 

Mitroglou wasn't on Manolas' place to score his 2nd header.

Skibbe made this team work better than the previous qualifiers offensively. Good passes good katoxi trying to unblock a defence.

2 good chances for the Hunns 2 goals. It happens.

We had possession but did we penetrate? So much possession with no penetration means nothing. We played into their hands. 

1 minute ago, Chris Tsamados said:

Yeah unfortunately Skibbe can't make us have the one thing we're lacking a player who can put our many chances away. Plus I didn't see too much back passing today, nothing like we had under Santos.

I saw a lot. Every time we had possession, it seemed as though their first instinct was to see if a lateral/back-pass was available. They move and pass so slowly that most of the time teams close up on them and the only pass available is behind. 

I don’t know how you guys can see the positive in losing on the road to a Hungarian team With out there fans in an empty stadium.. I liked somethings we did and this also better show Skibbe once and for all never to play Tzavellas again.. I did like Kourbelas and Bouchalakis in the mid.. but to me if we can only score 1 Against Estonia how the hell are we ever going to beat teams like Finland and Hungary who themselves aren’t good teams? If we can’t make it out of Group C how the hell do we expect to qualify in the Euros campaign?? It’s the same story “we had chances but couldn’t finish” it’s like a broken record.. bottom line we can’t score enough goals to put teams away and be consistent enough..

I  ve been crying all these days Lazaros is shitte. And you need your muh in form lazaros lazaros is great lazare gama mas ti mana eisai apisteutos makari na mou ekanes aderfaki.

HE CAN'T PLAY FOR THE NT HE WAS WORTHLESS TODAY PELKINHO WAS 10 TIMES BETTER IN TOTAL IT SHOULD BE LAZAROS OUT DONIS RIGHT WING BUT YEAH YOU HAD TO SUCK LAZAROS COCK SO MUCH THAT THE PRESS IS PRAISING HIM WAY TOO MUCH TO BE LEFT OUTSIDE THE STARTER 11 GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DON'T EVER TELL ME IM WRONG AGAIN OVER LAZAROS OKEI? 1 GOAL IN 30 MATCHES. NONE OF A ETHNIKI TEAM PLAYERS LIKE ASTERAS OR PAS GIANNINA OR ATROMITOS WOULD PERFORM WORSE GRRRR

Just now, Argy said:

I saw a lot. Every time we had possession, it seemed as though their first instinct was to see if a lateral/back-pass was available. They move and pass so slowly that most of the time teams close up on them and the only pass available is behind. 

6 shots on target and 5 narrowly out really seems like you re baiting. We haven't had such a good offensive play since Belgium in my humble opinion. And we didn't play against a Kafeneio. Worse team than us but definately no kafeneio.

• Lazarus featured this topic
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic