Phantis Forums

Nations League: Estonia vs. Greece(A Le Coq Arena, Tallinn)

Alphonse

The UEFA League of Nations! We are away to Estonia, we traditionally do well there, we won there 2-0 for the 2018 WCQ but I remember the game well and Estonia dictated much of the play as Tachtsidis and Maniatis at the time lost the midfield.

New chapter, same tactics? Let's see, this tournament should decide Skibbe's future IMO

• Like it 1

skibbe hat on I think he'll do something like this

mitroglou

donis fortounis lazaros

tziolis zeca

tzavellas sokratis manolas torosidis

karnezis

hopefully enough to see us through but will be tight when tziolis,tzavellas, torosidis are kinda dead weight nowdayz

experience + active squad participation at least...

Edited by georgelaz

our attack should be 

Mitro

Pelkas -- Fortounis --- Donis,

But we all know Skibbe wont roll out like this, 

And im not certain if Pelkas can play out wide, has he played there before ??

Edited by MelbourneGreek

53 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

If you have the sports package it will be on one of the sports net channels. At least I hope so. If Tziolis and Tzavellas start, I’m gonna need a new tv after I break it. 

I feel the same but i think he will start them ffs...

don't pay for the game yet, i will provide to you guys a link and if it doesn't work then do it. i always watch every game i want to from this site so it will probably work for you. 

regarding the game, the squad i hope.

karnezis or mparkas

mpakakis sokratis manolas lykogiannis

kourmpelis zeca

lazaros fortounis donis 

mitroglou

• Like it 2

3 hours ago, Boxou said:

don't pay for the game yet, i will provide to you guys a link and if it doesn't work then do it. i always watch every game i want to from this site so it will probably work for you. 

karnezis or mparkas

kourmpelis zeca

lazaros fortounis donis 

mitroglou

Solid team. Hopefully Skibbe picks this team. Also maybe Pelkas should start left and then bring in Donis as an impact sub. Both players I like and have lots of talent. What is the website you watch it on?

9 hours ago, Boxou said:

karnezis or mparkas

kourmpelis zeca

lazaros fortounis donis 

mitroglou

That’s the line up he should go with in this or vs Hungary 

14 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

If you have the sports package it will be on one of the sports net channels. At least I hope so. If Tziolis and Tzavellas start, I’m gonna need a new tv after I break it. 

Lol...I just don’t want to see Tziolis casually walking around the midfield.

Not sure about Canada, but in the US it will be on ESPN3. In Australia on Optus Sport.

In Greece the game will be on Espilon TV. They have a web stream as well, which will have regional restrictions placed on it, but with a VPN that should not be a problem.

https://www.facebook.com/Greeksoccerontv/

Great... Tziolis will prob start both games now... Our 20% win rate with him starting will be tested... I just do not understand how Skibbe sees things!!

As I said though from day 1 of this... this should be Skibbe’s judgment tournament and if we see the same old s%$#! it should mean termination 

23 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

our attack should be 

Mitro

Pelkas -- Fortounis --- Donis,

But we all know Skibbe wont roll out like this, 

And im not certain if Pelkas can play out wide, has he played there before ??

Pelkas is better centrally, but he can play on the wing. He is better suited there than Mantalos and Bakasetas. Does anyone else know who else could have picked instead of Tziolis? Samaris and Tachtsidis haven't played for their clubs and Galanopoulos has to play for the u21s. I can't think of anyone else who o should be In the team instead of Tziolis.  This is a problem but I find a bigger problem at ST. As Mitroglou ages on we don't seem to have a real replacement. These are 2 things that need to be sorted out.

• Like it 1

I think Kourbelis will get a shot in the games. Probably has had more matchtime than Tziolis

Karnezis

Bakakis - Manolas - Sokratis - Lykogiannis

Zeka - Kourbelis

Lazaros - Fortounis - Donis

Mitroglou

Sub Lazaros for Pelkas is a must.

Bakakis is better defensively than toro at this stage of Toro's career but if we need a goal just put Torosidis in his experience will help and he is at sync with the rest of the team.

Lets A go bois. 3 points in Estonia and 1 or more in Hungary are a must.

6 poins in this window could see us already winning the Group from September.

Reminder that there are only 6 matches in total.

~~~Whole League C preview~~~

I know it's way too early but I am keeping an eye on the other Groups as well.

There are a total of (in my opinion) 4 decent teams (us included) in this league who we d rather avoid till the final at least. As I mentioned, winning this Group and reaching a final would mark this mini campaign as successfull. We d have proven that we re better than this C division.

So these 4 teams are Greece , Bulgaria , Serbia and Albania. I would much rather not face any of those 3 until the final.

So we would be hoping teams like Norway , Slovania , overcome Bulgaria.

Montenegro or previous pelates mas Romania dethrone Serbia and Obviously a Scotland/Israel (I know blahblah Scotland footballing nation blah blah just look at their roster they re not good) stealing the first spot from Albania.

only team I fear from that would be Serbia. They have so much quality. Also smoked us 2-0 last friendly we met.

man would be so good to have holebas right now. might be the most in form greek player at the moment.

lazaros, fortounis also in good form

mitroglou in okay form. 

so I think we'll get the win tomorrow.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic