Phantis Forums

Nations League: Estonia vs. Greece(A Le Coq Arena, Tallinn)

Alphonse

8 hours ago, georgelaz said:

yeah serbia i think is better than us. but we could take them too.

Serbia are a good technical side. They played well today at Lithuania they missed a 2nd penalty that should have comfortably sealed the game. They were good at the World Cup from what I saw but they gave away the game vs Switzerland which costed them a chance at second place. I think they are the toughest in our group followed by maybe Montenegro.

Montenegro and Romania are nothing compared to Bulgaria and Albania. 

Finland is good too in our group. Mark my words. If we re gonna miss 1st to someone it's gonna be Finland.

I like the idea of Bouchalakis. Dude has been solid the last 1+ season with Nottingham and Olympiakos and his transition game is fine. Good away shot too. I think he gives something that Samaris couldn't. Offensive danger for the opposition.

I don't rate the player but I think for games vs worse opposition he is what we need.

• Like it 1

That's what I think too about Bouchalakis. He joins the attack when needed and can pop in a goal unexpectedly. You don't see that with Samaris and that's what we need now in the national team. I don't mind either of Kourbelis or Bouchalakis starting in this game, I just don't want Tziolis to start. 

• Like it 1

The truth is if we cant come first and get out of this group with these teams then there is no way we can expect to come out of our group in the Euros as the top 2 teams will be better then any team in our nations league group....

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

The truth is if we cant come first and get out of this group with these teams then there is no way we can expect to come out of our group in the Euros as the top 2 teams will be better then any team in our nations league group....

Greece absolutely have to top this group. 

• Like it 3

pretty solid lineup by skibbe

mitroglou

pelkas    fortounis mantalos

zeca kourbelis

lyko manolas sokratis toro

barkas

would rather lazaros and bakakis on the right but not terrible and at least in form players! (besides toro)

ESTONIA 

1 Aksalu(GK)

2 Kams

3 Pikk

5 Vihmann

8 Anier

11 Ojamaa

13 Luts

14 Vassiljev(Captain)

18 Mets

20 Dmitrijev

21 Baranov

BENCH

12 Lepmets(GK)

22 Igonen(GK)

4 Tamm

6 Kaljumae

7 Puri

9 Purje

10 Zenjov

16 Antonov

17 Jaager

19 Kallaste

23 Teniste

Manager: Martin Reim(EST)

GREECE

13 Barkas(GK)

4 Manolas

5 Bouchalakis

10 Fortounis

11 Mitroglou

15 Torosidis(Captain)

16 Kourbelis

18 Pelkas

19 Papastathopoulos

20 Mantalos

23 Lykogiannis

BENCH

1 Karnezis(GK)

12 Gianniotis(GK)

2 Kolovetsios

3 Tzavellas

6 Tziolis

7 Christodoulopoulos

8 Zeca

9 Koulouris

14 Bakasetas

17 Donis

21 Giannoulis

22 Oikonomou

Manager: Michael Skibbe(GER)

• Like it 2

As a Laz hater I kinda like this lineup. Prefer Mantalos on for free kicks and long shots maybe. the midfield is a ? coz both players havent realy started for the NT in an official match. Barkas Id rather have Karnezis he is in form as well but Barkas definately deserved a start and in a match vs Estonia with minimum threat it's a good thing to trust him.

Donis over Mantalos would be fine but you guys would b!tch about anyone Skibbe pointed as a starter , like what you re doing right now.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic