Phantis Forums

2018-2019 Champions League

Antaeus7

A very tough draw, not what I'd hoped for. We have a small chance, but with the 4th round still to come I don't like our chances.

As said before, we we can get an away goal we are a chance, however, without a striker if we go down 2-0 or more I don't see us being able to manage more than 1-0 at home...

We must defend well, it's unfortunate we don't play harder friendly games to prepare.

Fingers crossed, I'll be watching.

PAME AEK!!!

Now that we are almost done with bringing players and the game a week away,  I think our team may match it with St Etienne, Im guessing line up will be close to this:

Anestis

Galo              Kolo              Chygrynsky           Didac

Simeos Johanssen

Mandalos

Vargas (Platellas)      Almeida           Barbosa (Pasticho)

Getting more confident now..... If we can pinch an away goal that will be massive.

I don't think Almeida will start, will go with Pekhart. I also doubt Pasticho will get any game time either... Will be a very hard game, can't concede early and as you said an away goal and a respectable scoreline would be gold!

Interesting how a few seasons ago we were all Greek and now we only have three, five max in the starting lineup.

Bakasetas doesn't get a run?

Thanks Dikefale I didn't hear him say it, but having Pekhart up top gives us a big target man in the box. I think we may see Almeida in the return leg though and maybe even Pasticho.

Damianos I would like to see Bakasetas in the starting team but where do you put him? He cant play #10 Mandalos is there, do we put him on the wing? He will get his time.

St Etienne isn't having the best of pre seasons either so we are a real chance I feel, all comes down to 1st leg and what we get from it as at home I have confidence we can get the job done, being our 1st Euro game in a few years and a big crowd will help us.

Will be interesting to see who Ketsbaia goes with upfront.

St.Etienne (whether head games or not ) seem to be worried they drew us going what some of their players have come and said, will be a close tie. Really need an away goal/cleansheet, if we can achieve these 1of these or both, we are on a good path

St Eitienne $1.60

Draw $2.60

AEK $4.50

Let?s not underestimate how difficult this is going to be. As Original said, an away goal would be priceless! I can see us putting all our numbers behind the ball.

Does anyone know if it will be on BeIn Australia?

PAME AEK!

• 11 months later...