Phantis Forums

Aris - AEL (September 2, 2018)

Mitsos

After a great road victory to start the new season Aris will host AEL, the venue has yet to be determined as it appears the playing surface at Vikelidis is not ready yet.  I am going to predict a scoreless draw since the last I did this Aris won the game.  Both teams got road victories to open the 2018-19 season and played to a 1-1 tie in a friendly about 3 weeks ago.  AEL will be without the services of their captain Moras which can't be a good thing given he is the veteran leader of their defense, hopefully the Aris impressive attack can take advantage of this.  I don't think Herrera will change anything I just hope not wanting to disappoint the fans will weigh heavy on the players.

• Like it 1

Η ομάδα ξεκίνησε φανταστικά, αναμένεται μεγάλη προσέλευση οπαδών, το ηθικό είναι ανεβασμένο. Αυτοί είναι αρκετοί λόγοι για να ελπίζουμε σε επικράτηση και μάλιστα με άνετο σκορ, πχ 2-0. Παρόλα αυτά, το ματς είναι δύσκολο, θα παίξουμε σε ουδέτερο γήπεδο (Καυτατζόγλειο; ),  η ΑΕΛ θα παίξει σίγουρα κλειστά και αμυντικά και συνεπώς απαιτείται υπομονή και τύχη.

0:0 HT

I see only 2 liabilities in first 135 mins:

1. I still don't see some bond between Younes and other back lines (all back-front lines behind him, especially midfield)
2. Not sure what is the real role of Diguiny (some moving behind the main striker or very rarely on the wing depending on where Gama operates at that moment).

Let's see

• Like it 1

I did not watch the game, plan on catching a replay on Ert, but not a bad way to start the season.  The break does not come at a good time for Aris given the momentum and the high the team is on.  The best part of the start is the fanbase getting excited again.

Μια σημαντική διαφορά συγκριτικά με το πρώτο παιχνίδι (με τη Λαμία) είναι ότι με ΑΕΛ ο διαιτητής σφύριζε συνεχώς και δεν άφηνε τις ομάδες (και κυρίως τον Άρη που είχε την κατοχή) να πάρουν ρυθμό. Στη Λαμία η διαιτησία ήταν πολύ καλή και αυτό βοήθησε στο να γίνει θεαματικό παιχνίδι.

• Like it 2

I think the main difference between the two games was AEL's high press which kept Aris from creating any meaningful attacks in the middle part of the first half.  The second half was very similar to the Lamia game in that 80% of the match was played on our opponents side.  Neither Lamia or AEL had players with exceptional skill or speed that caused our defense any headaches.  I am very impressed with Aris but am curious to see us compete against teams with better quality. 

True, Mitso. On the other hand, the team is new and moreover there are still new signings (Siopis, Martinez, Vitor, Mavraj) that haven't been incorporated yet.

I am very impressed that in just a couple of months our coach managed to build such a competitive team despite so many players are newcomers (11/14 of those who played against AEL are new in the team)!

AEL did have the quality and that showed after 2-0 when they tried to play some football (and we went down a couple of gears at the same time).

But for some reason Greek coaches prefer the unattractive defensive game and all they try to do is not concede goals, rather than create chances.... So AEL did show some talent but 90% of the time their plan was to destroy the game.

Edited by ukworm
  • Like it 1