Phantis Forums

CL–PO-L2: PAOK - Benfica Lisbon (29-Aug-18, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Surprising Biseswar is not in the squad.  Maybe the fapes Lucescu copped in training affected his critical thinking ? ?

It’s quite conceivable this game could go to extra time and Biseswar would be perfect. Not sure why Jaba is in the squad when we have Warda.  Anyway, it is what it is.  Biseswar is terrible with his fitness this time of the season.

Lucescu will start with El Kaddouri and Limnio on the wings and ask them to play defensive roles stopping their fullbacks getting forward. Warda and/or Jaba will be used later when the guys above are gassed out or if we need a goal.  Other positions pick themselves. 

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL–PO-L2: PAOK - Benfica Lisbon (29-Aug-18, 22:00 EEST)
7 hours ago, Athens4 said:

So now I’m in the US I can watch it on TNT? What is Galavision?

Alex, sorry we can't hook up for tomorrow as I need to be at work during the game. We''ll get together for some SL games.

Any basic cable package should include the TNT channel. Galavision is a Spanish language channel  operated by Univision. It is usually included in many basic packages in large cities that have a large Hispanic population. 

Benfica has players that can kill us in a couple minutes. We should never forget this. Θετική ενέργεια, τρέλα στο φουλ, και εμείς φωνή από το σπίτι! Τραλαλά λαλά δεν είμαστε καλά στα μυαλά μας!

1 hour ago, Yiankos said:

Benfica has players that can kill us in a couple minutes. We should never forget this. Θετική ενέργεια, τρέλα στο φουλ, και εμείς φωνή από το σπίτι! Τραλαλά λαλά δεν είμαστε καλά στα μυαλά μας!

The question isn't whether they are a better team.  They are and they will be in control of the flow of the game.  But as always the ball is round and hopefully we have some luck and can get the result we need.

This will be PAOK's third attempt in the past 6 seasons to qualify for their first UEFA Champions League appearance after an impressive result away from Thessaloniki. This is the time to focus and feed in the crowd's energy. Take care of business at home. The people in Thessaloniki are dying to see their team go to into uncharted territory.

Hi all

I'm a Benfica fan and i'm a little nervous about this game, specially because our coach is not good... 

I like PAOK since 2000 when we met on UEFA Cup. I was on Benfica stadium (won by Benfica on penalties) and i become very impressed with the 3000/4000 PAOK fans on that night: 120 minutes or more always supporting the team, even losing 1-2 on the first leg at home.

I will not wish good luck for the obvious reasons, but i hope i it will be a good game. May the better team wins.

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Benfica is counting on the $40M payday from the Group stages....if they don't make it, there's gonna be a big sell off and some dark days ahead for them. 

Considering I'm a Sporting fan...this match is double important. 

SILVA?

49 minutes ago, BaTi said:

Hi all

I'm a Benfica fan and i'm a little nervous about this game, specially because our coach is not good... 

I like PAOK since 2000 when we met on UEFA Cup. I was on Benfica stadium (won by Benfica on penalties) and i become very impressed with the 3000/4000 PAOK fans on that night: 120 minutes or more always supporting the team, even losing 1-2 on the first leg at home.

I will not wish good luck for the obvious reasons, but i hope i it will be a good game. May the better team wins.

Are you a member at Serbefiquista.com?