Phantis Forums

CL–PO-L2: PAOK - Benfica Lisbon (29-Aug-18, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK we're down 3-1 to Ajax at home, though that was in the 3rd qualifying round, manage to come back and tied 3-3 only to miss a penalty to deny victory.  Hoping for a comeback, you did it against Spartak Moscow.

Going to take a miracle from here, but we now have nothing to lose given we are 3-1 down. Throw on Warda and Jaba and just run at them. If only Biseswar was on the bench hey

We haven't been good enough mentally, yes Benfica are a better team but we crumbled mentally after the first 20 mins. Will be interesting to see what this error does for Paschalakis confidence, he was in career best form. Remains to be seen if that was a once off or the true keeper shinning through. Would be a shame for all his great work to be brought down by a brain fade

I had Apollo Vaz messaging me saying it's not over. Little did he know that we have the curse of 1-1 away result and losing at home.

The defence is all over the place and I have no idea what Paschalakis was doing. I am cannot bare to watch Europa League again, it is such a terrible competition that only starts getting good from the Quarter final onwards.

Limnios should have been dropped for this game, does anybody know if his agent is Koutsoliakos?

Benfica is just too good for us. 

No need to attack our boys and blame people 

Project PAOK has some way to go! 

We focus on the league and keep going. 

And to to these once off posters attackign the players and club and saying were s%$#! F*** off to where ever you came from

WTF are you guys talking about? We eliminated two group stage type CL teams so far in this campaign. One quite convincingly. Today we are facing one of the best European sides and it shows. We were never favorites in any of the six CL qualifying games. Much worse teams made the group stage just by going the easy champions route.  

• Like it 2

They are a better side @PAOKSYD but there is no real excuse for brain fades which led to 2 of the 3 goals. The 3rd goal can't do much we were ripped open by better play. There is a way to lose, in saying that there is still a half to go, grab an early goal and anything is possible. This team has showed heart and passion over this run, let's get back to that in this 2nd half

2 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

They are a better side @PAOKSYD but there is no real excuse for brain fades which led to 2 of the 3 goals. The 3rd goal can't do much we were ripped open by better play. There is a way to lose, in saying that there is still a half to go, grab an early goal and anything is possible. This team has showed heart and passion over this run, let's get back to that in this 2nd half

Game is over. 

But were playing a top 20 team in Europe , im not blaming PAOK we have done well. 

This season is about winning the league , so we move forward. 

You guys are happy with being thumped at home? For some context benfica lost all 6 of their group stage games last season, hardly the form of a "top 20 european club" Like I said there's a way to lose, just frustrating to see the same thing happen

• Like it 2

Just now, Blackhawk said:

it was clear penalty.

Of course. The players can not blame the ref. Only themselves.

But we did well till now. But I am tired of watching on that damn Thursday. I wanted to watch on Tuesday and Wednesday. Even knowing we would be smashed by the likes of City, Barca and Bayern. Just for once.