Phantis Forums

CL–PO-L2: PAOK - Benfica Lisbon (29-Aug-18, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg   VS  Benfica.jpg.3a0d715bbca119d7aa54751190f30410.jpg

MATCHUP:           PAOK Thessaloniki - Benfica Lisbon -
COMPETITION:    Champions League – Playoff Round - Leg 2
DATE:                    29-August-2018
TIME:                     22:00 EEST  (19:00 GMT, 14:00 CDT, 05:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (28,703)
REFEREES:            Felix Brych - Mark Borsch, Stefan Lupp (Germany)
TELEVISION:         COSMOTE Sport 1 (Greece), BT Sport2 (UK), TNT USA, Watch TNT, Galavision, Univision Now, Univision Deportes En Vivo, B/R Live (USA), DAZN (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia)

PAOK’s History against teams from Portugal in European Competitions

2018-2019:  Benfica Lisbon – PAOK  1:1 – (Warda) - Att: 44,084 – Champions League (Playoff Round, Leg 1)

2013-2014:  Benfica Lisbon – PAOK  3:0 – Att: 31,058 – Europa League (Round of 32, Leg 2)
2013-2014:  PAOK – Benfica Lisbon  0:1 – Att: 24,670 - Europa League (Round of 32, Leg 1)

2002-2003:  PAOK – Leixoes SC      4:1  (Okkas 2, Salpiggidis, Koutsopoulos)) –  Att: 5,960 – UEFA Cup (Round 1, Leg 2)
2002-2003:  Leixoes SC  - PAOK     2:1 - (Kukielka) –  Att: 4,000 - UEFA Cup (Round 1, Leg 1)

1999-2000:  Benfica Lisbon – PAOK  1:2 (4:1 penalty kicks) – (Maragos, Sabry) - Att: 28,417 – UEFA Cup (Round 2, Leg 1)
1999-2000:  PAOK – Benfica Lisbon  1:2 – (Frantzeskos) - Att: 28,008 – UEFA Cup (Round 2, Leg 1)

GAMES:  7    WINS:  2    TIES:  1    LOSSES:  4

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL–PO-L2: PAOK - Benfica Lisbon (29-Aug-18, 22:00 EEST)

That's too bad for us Christo. I loved the fact of being able to buy something from PAE PAOK, even single games.

Univision is one of the channels I do have, so I guess I will watch it there with the annoying Spanish commentator they will bring in. I guess after living for two years in Miami I should have been used to Spanish, but no.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, Yiankos said:

Univision is one of the channels I do have, so I guess I will watch it there with the annoying Spanish commentator they will bring in. I guess after living for two years in Miami I should have been used to Spanish, but no.

Actually it's Galavision that will show the game, but if you get Univision you should also be able to get Galavision. I am surprised you don't get TNT. It's a very common channel carried by all cable systems. As for the announcers I sometimes prefer the Spanish ones over the English ones.

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL–PO-L2: PAOK - Benfica Lisbon (29-Aug-18, 22:00 EEST)
18 hours ago, Tahma said:

Anyone know if Jonas is back for this match?

He's out.
No Jonas, no Castillo, we are stuck with Ferreyra and Seferovic.
I think we'll have some changes from the 1rst leg game, Felix might come for Cervi, Seferovic for Ferreyra and Rafa for Zivkovic.

• Like it 1

22 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Actually it's Galavision that will show the game, but if you get Univision you should also be able to get Galavision. I am surprised you don't get TNT. It's a very common channel carried by all cable systems. As for the announcers I sometimes prefer the Spanish ones over the English ones.

I have xfinity Christo and I purchased the cheapest channels they offered. I am only using the internet, so I got the most basic channels they offer. Unfortunately, TNT is not one of them. I do have a tv, but I never watch. I only use it to plug my laptop with the hdmi to watch PAOK in a bigger screen. Hahaha. I quite tv somewhere in 2010.

Ωωωωωωω ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ!!!!!!!

Starting to get nervous! 

I keep thinking we draw with ajax away and then lost in toumba. 

We drew with schalke away and lost in toumba! 

This game has the power to change our short term future direction, the pae has done it all correct for once, signings early, same coach as last year so we have continuity, even renewed he's contract the before the big game! 

I just hope the fans and our club spirit can outweight their superior footballing quality! 

C'mon paokara! 

Edited by PAOKSYD
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PAOKSYD said:

Starting to get nervous! 

This game has the power to change our short term future direction, the pae has done it all correct for once, signings early, same coach as last year so we have continuity, even renewed he's contract the before the big game! 

I just hope the fans and our club spirit can outweight their superior footballing quality! 

C'mon paokara! 

My thoughts exactly. 

The setting certainly isn't unfamiliar for us, as past history tells us. 

However one thing is for certain, our team is much stronger than those past ties. Better players, much stronger mentality, better coached. 

Match sold out in two hours,hopefully we don't sh!t the bed! 

1 hour ago, PAOKSYD said:

Starting to get nervous! 

C'mon paokara! 

Game time in Thessaloniki is like 10 pm! Good Lord, the whole city will be sleepless that night. 

Biseswar left out of the squad. I'm disappointed, if the game gets to a point where we are a chasing a goal or two he will be missed. 

Οι 18 παίκτες που θα έχει στη διάθεσή του ο Ρουμάνος τεχνικός είναι οι: Ρέι ,Πασχαλάκης , Μάτος , Κίτσιου , Βιεϊρίνια , Κρέσπο , Βαρέλα , Χατσερίδης ,Σάκχοφ , Μαουρίσιο , Κάνιας , Πέλκας , Ελ Καντουρί , Λημνιός , Ουάρντα ,Ζαμπά , Πρίγιοβιτς , Ακπόμ .

Edited by paokarag4