Phantis Forums

CL–QR2-L2: FC Basel - PAOK (01-Aug-18, 21:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

11 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

Excellent team performance. Now onto Moscow.

Not sure what happened with Jaba at the end there. I hope that isn't a sign a bad things to come.

I missed it, what happened?

We played at times very well. The goal of Prijo was a beauty. Paschalakis was great when needed. But we need to improve to beat the Russians. There were also some bad moments that must be avoided next week(s).

Chatzeridis was very good.  I think Pelkas needs to get his head out of his, or at LEAST Biseswar needs to get fit for the next match.  Pelka looked OK at times but in these European matches you need to be on top of your game for 90 minutes.  Not sure how I feel about Limnios and El Kaddouri on the wings.... Jaba is still unproven and young.  I think I prefer Warda over all our other guys in the position, and that's based off last years performance.  

I agree Xachderdi was very good, impressed me more than Crespo has. European games I feel will suit him, when we will generally be compact and he won't be exposed potentially for a lack of pace. Not that I know if he's overly slow, just assuming because of his height. 

Might not matter if Vieirinha isn't fit for the first leg I can't see Lucescu playing Kitsiou at left back (or at RB and moving Matos across) So I think both Crespo at left back and Xachderdi will start v Spartak.