Phantis Forums

CL–QR2-L2: FC Basel - PAOK (01-Aug-18, 21:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Basel.jpg.8638633053c9e1dc2ba7ec775d1ab208.jpgVPAOK.jpg.7de7d2bb75e005d04e45c1019fd2758a.jpg

MATCHUP:             FC Basel - PAOK Thessaloniki 
COMPETITION:     Champions League – Qualifying Group 2- Leg 2
DATE:                      01-Aug-2018
TIME:                      21:00 EEST  (18:00 GMT, 12:00 CDT, 03:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:    Basel - St, Jakob Park (38,512)
REFEREES:             Paolo Valeri - Alessandro Gialatrini, Alberto Tegoni (Italy)
TELEVISION:         Epsilon TV (Greece), Cytavision Sport 1 (Cyprus), Sportklub 3 (Serbia), Teleclub Sport (Switzerland, Germany)

PAOK’s History against teams from Switzerland in European Competitions

2018-2019:  PAOK – FC Basel    2:1  (Canas, Prijovic) –  Att: -- – Champions League (Qualifying Round 2, Leg 1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002-2003:  PAOK – Grasshopers Zurich    2:1  (Hasiotis, Giasemis) –  Att: 9,577 – UEFA Cup (Round 2, Leg 1)
2002-2003:  Grasshopers Zurich  - PAOK    1:1  (Markos) –  Att: 6,000 - UEFA Cup (Round 2, Leg 2)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1978-1979:  PAOK – Servette Geneva         2:0  (Kermanidis, Sarafis) – Att: 35,000 - Cup Winners Cup (Round 1, Leg 1)
1978-1979:  Servette Geneva – PAOK         4:0 – Att: 20,000 - Cup Winners Cup (Round 1, Leg 2)

GAMES:  5    WINS:  3    TIES:  1    LOSSES:  1

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL–QR2-L2: FC Basel - PAOK (02-Aug-18, 21:00 EEST)

My friends from the Frankfurt club will be making the trip. The Zurich fan club (who in all honesty has some rather dysfunctional members) will also no doubt have all of their members attend. In fact all PAOK fan clubs in central Europe will attend, I am sure of it.

We need to score first.

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL–QR2-L2: FC Basel - PAOK (01-Aug-18, 21:00 EEST)

Biseswar trained on the field today, but it was a personal programm. Hopes he makes it for the Wednesday-game. He is the only one who knows how to read the game and he can give some assists (to Jaba).

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL–QR2-L2: FC Basel - PAOK (01-Aug-18, 21:00 EEST)

No Biseswar!

Ρέι, Πασχαλάκης, Γλύκος, Μάτος, Κίτσιου, Λύρατζης, Βιεϊρίνια, Κρέσπο, Βαρέλα, Χατσερίδης, Μαλεζάς, Χαρίσης, Σάχοφ, Μαουρίσιο, Κάνιας, Πέλκας, Ελ Καντουρί, Λημνιός, Ουάρντα, Λάμπρου, Ζαμπά, Μυστακίδης, Πρίγιοβιτς

A few changes there though. Did Charisis travel last time? And my sweet baby boy #27 is back in. Woot.

He was not in the squad last time. The reason he and Mysta I think have been included this time is because it's an extended squad of 23 compared to 18 for the first leg. The team is staying Switzerland after the game and training there on Thursday. So that could be why. 

No Biseswar is gonna hurt, would have been handy off the bench even

If we survive the first 30 minutes without  conceding a goal we should be in good shape. I am sure we will score at least one goal in this game. I think that's all we will need. I just don't want to concede a dumb goal like we did at Toumba.

Looks kind of bleak as far as TV availability in the US. Hopefully there will be some kind of a semi-legal stream available. One option is to use a VPN to change to a Greek IP and stream Epsilon TV on your PC.

I just bought the game off agona sport, probably should've asked if anyone has used them and how reliable they are. Seems there are a few steps to actually getting the stream working. My bet is that at 3.50 am it's going to be too much for me to comprehend and I'm gonna kiss $9 goodbye and just hope an illegal stream is reliable :) 

God I've missed European qualifying games