Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News

Blackhawk

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I will take my PAOK-fanela with me to Greece, so there will be nothing of value at home when I'm gone.

I live in a village a few km south of Rotterdam. It's about 100 km of Doorwerth.

PAOK will probably have some friendlies in the neighbourhood and otherwise I don't mind driving.

• Like it 1

Good, and hopefully the other two will say no as well. Di Matteo would be stupid to ruin his reputation coming to the banana republic called Greece.

I have my own republic ?  I didn't even know.

• Like it 3

What are you guys expecting ?  For PAOK to sign Mourinho ?

The only club in Greece that has signed any decent overseas manager is Olympiakos and that is because they have 5x the budget of every club and are guaranted CL each year.  All the other clubs fight over the scraps.

Look over there, a pixie!

I can't see this pixie!

OK, I don't expect Mourinho or a coach with his profile for a Greek team. I do expect a coach who's recently been in charge of an under 17 team to never be in serious consideration for a professional team in a better league.

Anyway, it's not only Olympiakos who attract foreign coaches with reputations. Smaller clubs have been doing this for years. Aris, Asteras Tripoli, Ofi etc etc.

There are better credentialed coaches in Greece than Igor Tudor. That's all I was saying.

First of all let PAE PAOK to announce the new coach. Personally I doubt that it will be Tudor. He would not be my choice, but hey, I am not the PAOK Technical Director.

Arnesen will make his decision. He's being paid 1 mil a year to do that, and if he fails, he will have to answer to his boss, Ivan.

I can see the logic of bringing in young coach who is willing to work hard to advance his career. After all everybody has to start somewhere, and since it appears that PAOK is in the rebuilding process I expected that type of a coach (young and hard worker). Lot of the "provata" fans will bitch and moan no matter what coach is hired. They will always find something to complain about and put a label on the person (touristas, tsobanis, karpouzas, etc.) No matter who comes, he will need a complete support from the front office. If the front office listens to the "provata"  he will once again fail and we will have a Gerogiadis type coach to finish the season. 

BTW "provata" includes some of the PAOK fans and sold out PAOK media reporters.

Edited by Blackhawk

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAE PAOK General News