Phantis Forums

CL–QR2-L1: PAOK - FC Basel (24-Jul-18, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

Limnios is a good player, just needs to go to finishing school. Metaphorically and literally.

There are a lot of good potential stars on that team, most of them even are Greek! Hopefully they step up.

Maybe it's better this way. They have to really play to their limits to secure a good result in Basel.

But this shows the quality of Basel. In a game that they played horribly and PAOK did well, they managed to escape with a 2-1 loss. Not bad at all. For us, I think this 2-1 will make us work really hard to make it to the next round. Let's hope we will make it. Not sure if Basel can do miracles and change their form in a week (maybe some injured players will be ready also), but I think this will be a very open game to any result. Big test for PAOK.

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL–QR2-L1: PAOK - FC Basel (24-Jul-18, 20:30 EEST)
37 minutes ago, Yiankos said:

But this shows the quality of Basel. In a game that they played horribly and PAOK did well, they managed to escape with a 2-1 loss.

Not taking away from Basel, but I don't think we played that well. Sloppy finishing, slow/lethargic players, terrible defending on our part. Lucescu will hopefully work to iron these issues out for next week, as we can clearly be better.

If some of our players were more focused, we could have scored more goals. Some players tried to do way too much instead of just passing the ball to an open player. Hopefully Biseswar will be ready by next week. He would have made an impact today.

PAOK should have potted 4 goals today, tough goal to concede from nothing after Prijovic scored. Giving up that goal changes the game plan for the game in Basel. Anyways I hope PAOK will progress.

If it was a sold out, it would have been announced. Sold out = all the individual tickets for the match have been sold. However, this doesn't mean that all the season ticket holders will show up anyway. 15K season tickets this year, if for example 3K of them don't show up for the game, then the reported tickets will be the capacity of the stadium minus those 3K.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...