Phantis Forums

2018-2019 Pre Season Training News

Blackhawk

I think there are  internet problerms with some Greek sites as they are not available. Might include PAOK TV as well. My stream is frozen at 54:45 minute mark.

Score is 2:2 right now with El Kaddouri scoring both goals.

Like I said it was a problem with some internet providers which affected several Greek web site and probably included PAOK TV. Several Thessaloniki radio stations were down as well. They all came back about 10 minutes ago.

Anyway the game ended in a 2:2 tie. Next game Monday against FC Nordsjaelland

Not a terrible result, all things considered. The next game should be easier as well. Not liking how slow of a start we've gotten off to; it seems we haven't been that great in either game (barring that 30-minute spree at the end of the first game).

I don't expect the team to show us anything in these early pre-season games. In the end some of these players will never play together again. The main thing is to be ready on July 24 against Basel.

Starting lineup to the game below. One of my many fans on twitter also forwarded me the below tweet with a second stream, which I'm guessing will work better than PAOKTV.

FT 1:2

Terribly boring game. Commentator brings up the point that when Henrique and Matos are both playing on that side, instability and anger is a constant theme.

The team return to the base in Thessaloniki tomorrow. I think before they leave for the 2nd part of the training there will be some roster cleanup. I expect few loans to be announced. 

Also Prijovic will join the team, and it will be interesting to see if Warda joins as well.

In the next set of games I expect lineups to be streamlined to start resembling the starting 11 for the Basel game. Even if we make transfers in the next few days, I don't expect those players to play against Basel.

Of note - with the ticking over of the calendar, Transfermarkt updated our team's page with the returning players (at 43 according to them). I don't think I've ever seen us at such a high market value, haha

https://www.transfermarkt.com/paok-thessaloniki/startseite/verein/1091

I'm surprised that the team is acting as if Warda is going to stick around.

Not able to watch any of them.

I am in Vermont for a 4-week festival. I just hope to watch the Basel game...

For some reason I am not worried at all that the results of our friendly games are not good. PAOKARAAAAAAA!

How is Vermont Yianko? One of only 5 US states that I have not visited yet.

As for the friendlies they mean nothing. The only games that count will be played on July 24 and August 1.

Looks like there were changes to our pre-season friendlies schedule.

Our new confirmed friendlies for the second half of pre-seson training are:

09-July, 20:00 EEST:  PAOK - Steaua Bukurest  (Romania)  - at Apeldron
12-July, 19:00 EEST:  PAOK - KAA Gent (Belgium) - at Marasingel
15-July, 13:30 EEST:  PAOK - Royal Antwerp (Belgium) - at Halderberge  (early kick-off due to WC Final later in the day)

There is a possibility that we will also play a game on July 16. Previously we were scheduled to play Al Taawoun on that day.

Here's the team that's going back to the Netherlands:

Ρέι , Γλύκος, Πασχαλάκης, Σιαμπάνης, Χατσερίδης, Μαλεζάς, Κρέσπο, Βαρέλα, Μιχόγεβιτς, Μπαλογιάννης, Βιεϊρίνια, Κίτσιου, Μάτος, Χαρίσης, Μαουρίσιο, Κάνιας, Μουλέν, Σάκχοφ, Ελ Καντουρί, Πέλκας, Μπίσεσβαρ, Λάμπρου, Λημνιός, Ενρίκε, Ζαμπά, Μυστακίδης

4 GKs

5 CBs

4 L/RBs (if you include Balogiannis)

8 DMs/CMs/AMs

5 forwards, none of them natural CFs.

Prijovic and Warda come back soon. Leveque is finally getting the boot.

Also, reportedly Lucescu wanted this next friendly to be two 60-minute halves (???), but Steaua said no.

Warda I believe caught the same flight with the team out of Thessaloniki. Prijo is currently on route to link up with them in Holland. 

The Warda v Henrique battle for the final "xeno" spot on the squad will have to be decided in the coming weeks. Unless of course Warda is on his way out then no decision to be made

Edited by paokarag4

He's again linked with Galatasaray, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone soon. It's an interesting comparison, though. Warda is more versatile, being able to play up the middle as well as (or better) than on the wings. Henrique is more skillful, but Warda has the long-term upside/potential. Both players are magnets for yellows, but Henrique doesn't have any history of off-field shenanigans.

Mihojevic is also still tapped to go on loan, but will still be with the team until that actually happens.

Edited by pash

Here's the first-half lineup. I noticed the link on their site to the actual stream has disappeared in the last few minutes, hopefully that comes back. This lineup is probably very close to what will start vs Basel.

DhrV5VfWkAExVPo.jpg

-edit- well here's a disappointment:

Edited by pash

What a lame excuse by PAE PAOK. Novasport has no problem televising the game and since PAOK TV just uses their feed I see no reason why PAOK TV is not streaming the game. 

Anyway 2:0 in the 30th minute.

5. Vieirnha
10. El Kaddouri

BTW Vierinha back to wearing no. 20 instead of last season's 88. Additionaly it appears that he's back on the Thessaloniki diet of gyros and souvlakia as he seems to have put on some wieght.